Veeky Forums comfycore

Hello, I am in need of some extremely comfy literature that I can read while in bed or while taking a steamy bath or while sitting in the kitchen with coffee on a grey, rainy day.

Preferably fiction, but comfy philosophy etc. also welcome.

I'll begin with pic related.

halfway through Eco's Name of the Rose and it seems absolutely cozy

Stoner

Sons and Lovers
Sailing Alone Around the World
anything by Fitzgerald
Candide
The Importance of Being Earnest

Donna Tartt's "The Secret History" is v comfy
also anything by vonnegut

>Donna Tartt's "The Secret History"

Came here to say this.

>You'll never study the Greeks in a cosy Vermont autumn atmosphere.

anything from Knut Hamsun

Tortilla Flat by Steinbeck, should be read during summer evenings.

The Importance of Being Earnest
Gormenghast
Norwegian Wood

The works of Edmund Crispin

Dumas is really comfy and entertaining.

Trust me on this.
Medieval romances are also super comfy but they're more of an adventure with ups and downs.

Of mice and men is comfy as fuck. made me cry quite well desu

Anita Brookner - Look at Me

>"These things, they don't even bear the weight of conversation," he said. "J. D. Salinger John Knowles even James Kirkwood and that guy Don Bredes they've destroyed being an adolescent, Garraty. If you're a sixteen-year-old boy, you can't discuss the pains of adolescent love with any decency anymore. You just come off sounding like fucking Ron Howard with a hardon."

Most of Steinbeck's books are to be honest, with the possible exception of Grapes of Wrath. Something about that sun-drenched, rural California setting of his soothes my heart, doubly so with his books about whole communities.

The Outsiders by S.E Hinton is a great book to read when it's raining out. Kinda makes you feel nostalgic, has realistic characters and a good plot.

>faulkner for dummies

The hobbit and lord of the rings, if you wanna get lost in a beautifully crafted world.

Stoner
At Swim-Two-Birds

Alright, going to Barne's and Noble to pick up a book. I've only read less than 10 in my life...
Wish me luck, idk what I am even going to buy!

Get Siddhartha by Herman Hesse

>Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
thanks, I will look into it!
What do you like about the book?

Any other recommended books guys? leaving to the book store in 10min
What are some MUST READ books?

Jr by William gaddis.

being and time by heidegger

I know it's a huge meme on this Veeky Forums, but I think The Name of the Wind is super comfy. Also, LotR was already mentioned, but super comfy. I love Robert Service, but he is mainly ballads and poetry, but it's very /out/ as well which I dig.

Get Finnegans wake if you're not a pussy

It's cozy as fuck. Spiritual and didactic, but not imposingly so. It's message is applicable to real life and lingers in your mind for quite a while after setting it down.

It's written in a simple, serene yet very meaningful way, and if you are philosophical or spiritual in anyway, it describes mans undying yearning for truth

Bought it user. Ty