Sophism

What books about sophism and , as a whole, convincing-but-flawed-logic , does Veeky Forums recommend ?
Pic obviously related.

Anything written by a philosopher.

Anything said by a politician

Anything written or said by a human.

Anything written or said by

Anything

Anything written or said.

Thanks, Veeky Forums, never change

Everything on economics, the most respected pseudoscience of our time. It has literally near-zero predictive power, but is venerated by both policy-makers and laymen alike.

It is so kek-worthy that this discipline has spawned a subset called post-autistic economics.

Plato's Gorgias, Protagoras, Sophist, and Euthydemus all deal with sophistry of varying levels of respectability. Ranging from somewhat respected by Plato (Protagoras) to self-interested and power hungry (Gorgias) to outright retarded (Euthydemus).

>sophism
>"convincing-but-flawed-logic"
when will this meme end, the sophists were right

For you

no u

there's a big ol' penguin joint on the σοφό ι. I dug it.

FUCK SOPHISTRY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The life and works of Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, especially The Phenomenology of Spirit.

My diary desu

Nietzsche. He even espoused sophistry. The philosopher's anti-philosopher.

SJW are oblivious master sophists

sophist by plato is the obvious answer, look into that if you havent op

the thing socratese hated the most about the sophists is that these douches would argue just for the sake of argument, and cared little for arriving at the truth instead of stroking their own egos by winning the debate.

Just learn about statisitcs, classical logic, and how to win any debate, any books that a criminal defense attorney can attribute their success too. which is probably the art of war read on some sort of allegorical, symbolic level.

>classical logic
Wouldn't paraconsistent logic suit sophists better?,

>tfw I honestly thought a sophist was the literal term for someone who uses faulty logic
its spread too far into society man, we just accept the term and dont even know its origins

just all the argumentative logic wold be good.

sophist is he, -who insincerely and also unknowingly so- tries to convince the person at hand to think against his own beliefs, masquerading the newly-arriving beliefs as beneficial.