Rate my twice baked potatoes Veeky Forums

Rate my twice baked potatoes Veeky Forums

Looks good OP

Looks good, what frozen brand is that?

Made from scratch man.

Is that an expensive one? Never seen that in stores before.

g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

This guy jealous lol

Weird looking crust and no bacon 4/10

Walmart deli food detected. Now go shit your pants like a good boy.

... but i made this... in my oven. What is wrong with you people?

Literally bought potatoes, chives, milk and cheese. Thought they looked nice. Sorry you know what walmart food even looks like. I live in a very rural area.

>bacon
sup reddit

Why do people think these are store bought?

>good stuff is bad, aren't i wacky and unique?

learn how to green text

Looks like trash tbqf.

Why?

>using reddit strips as a seasoning
>using reddit strips in anything other than a full english breakfast

It looks great OP, don't listen to these contrarian nitpickers

How they make pic related so good senpai?

Thanks user. Just curious what these guys would do differently besides meme strips...

Given all i have is a local market that doesnt sell frozen dinners... You jealous little weaboo cunt?

Shit doesn't even look like OP's picture lol

I wasn't saying it looked like op
just talking about frozen baked potatoes

How do frozen potatoes relate to the thread? Its pretty clear OP made them him/herself.

How do you guys like your frozen taters? I eat them with a side of creme fraiche, delicious. Any rec brands?

up your mom's ass, with my creme fresh all over them.

You asshole my mom has no ass

Are you mad that OP can cook, you can't?

Looks good to me, maybe a bit light on the toppings. Usually expect more cheese, bacon or ham, and green onion.
Did you use Chef John's recipe from food wishes by chance? He does the fork texture on top just like that.
Your choice of camera rotation and centering is awful.

iPhone accelerometer fucked me, and i was a quick shot as my family was ready to dig in. I just liked the crust on top, and the fork texture was better than usual. The crust was delicate and it was a hit at the table.

Why would you imply such a thing?

Also is baking a potato some kind of culinary milestone in your culture?

>Literally bought potatoes, chives, milk and cheese
STORE BOUGHT potatoes, chives, milk and cheese is nothing to be proud of

Not that poster, but share some of your dishes, or better yet your version of Twice bakeds.

From my neighbor, who i help with his cattle and his land. He literally rents land from me to grow produce. He owns a commissary. I bought from him.

I doubt any of you even know how to milk a cow. Love these pedantic folks.

Yeah wouldn't you like my awesome recipes huh? Not falling for that one kiddo, you have a lot to learn before you can play this dog boy-o. Nothing personnel

Dont give a shit about your worthless recipes.

Lets see some pictures that are OC, master chef.

Nice cop out, you and i both know you cant cook for shit.

Do you milk your neighbor too faglord?

Yeah wouldn't you like to see one of my absolutely 10 Michelin stars dishes laid out just for you huh? not gonna fall for that one either kiddo stay jealous heh good pluck with your potatoes kid I bet you're mom is proud you can bake a mere tuber

You'd like that, would you?
Goddamn, are just going to keep samefagging this thread because you can't cook for shit?

You're worthless. KYS.

low qual b8 thx for bumping my thread

>kys

What is this epic jargon? Are you 13, I mean you just be if you're so proud of baking a potato and milking your neighbor

No probs my man I want everybody to see some retard excited over a sideways baked potato

Thanks for bumping kid

PERFECT, I APPRECIATE THE BUMP. CAPS LOCK NIG

Le bacon on everything XDD amiright?!!

gib directions

never made twice baked potatoes before, those look really good

>what is sage

2 Potatoes
put in oven at 375 for 70-75 minutes.

Take them out

finely chop two large green onion straws

gather 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar

Slice potatoes in two (length ways) and scoop out innards into medium bowl, leave skins intact and in bowl shape.

Mix potato inard with 1/3 cup of sour cream and a quarter stick of butter, then add pepper, salt, green onion and butter and butter until it is consistent. Add a splash of milk if you have it.

Pack the potato skin bowls with the mixture and add a texture on top to extentuate a crispy layer on the filling.

Its clearly working. Go "sage" a fast food thread

Forgot the last step, put the filled potatoes on a cookie sheet, and bake them in the oven at 410 for 22-25 minutes, whenever the top starts to brown.

Are you drunk?

Yeah, fuck it. dcipher that shit and make some good potatoes yall.

do they have homemade pulled pork, bbq sauce, bacon, home grown cayenne and jalapenos, colby jack cheese, sour cream and chives? cause i dont think they have homemade pulled pork, bbq sauce, bacon, home grown cayenne and jalapenos, colby jack cheese, sour cream and chives....

completely btfo

Seriously this thread is why Veeky Forums is in the shitter and is only going to get worse. we can't even honestly share food anymore.

more? it was fucking awesome.

those potatoes were actually baked. rubbed with oil and salt and not covered in foil and fucking steamed.

>twice baked

What, did you fuck up the first time?

ayyy

>pre-grated cheese

flyover as fuck

Isn't that more like a deviled Potato

He's doing it correctly kiddo

Too much. You're forgetting who the star of the show is. That just makes me want a pulled pork sandwich.

it's so flyover that it's the only thing you identify with... lol you fucking faggots are the reasons for other chans. like /fag/ or what ever they call their shit. i put a chicken on to smoke that day just because there was fuel and wood left in the fire box. tell your mom i said hi, you fucking voter.

neet? hi neet. i was informed about you fags and your basements. you dont get an opinion either. maybe hot pockets dont come in do-it-yourself, but this is food, queer.

i like when im right.

Because no one here can actually cook and the idea that a guy here can actually make a dish is outlandish

looks legit but you should try non pre-grated cheese, just grate your own cheddar and it makes a world of difference

grated cheese is dry on each little "hair" and has an odd powder to it, makes them not cook as tastily (is tastily a word?)

That powder is cellulose, aka sawdust. It makes it so the pieces don't stick to each other.

i would, but gathering ingredients and smoking something for 11 hours and feeding my boys and stuff... just a headache i dont want to know. i cut a few corners, but it wasnt for the sake of Veeky Forums. i realize it has a coating that makes it not stick. i appreciate your input. im trying to revive a thread that actually could have been awesome. thanks.

trolls cannot win

actually i only smoke a butt per month or so. what cheese would you like to see if it were your potatoes? i was going to buy a half pound of pepper jack from the deli, but i pussed it. plus, i had my own peppers and a bunch of left over shredded cheese.

Too many ingredients. Try keeping it simple, if you have quality cheese, etc.

Is that really pre-grated cheese?

>onion straws
what

He means the stem part of green onions. I've never heard of them called that before, but how is that not obvious? They're hollow like a straw.

>has 11 hours before part of the dish is cooked
>has zero time in that 11 hours to grate some fucking cheese
I'm sorry, but I just really fucking HATE pre-gratd cheese.

By the way, your sweet goddamn fucking twice baked potatoes insired me to cook my own for the first time. I believe that is the first time someone has done that to me.

I've heard thin fried strips of onion called onions straws so it's possible that user thought those

Looks solid, mate. I don't make this dish often so I'd always be happy to see one show up on my plate.

you make me feel like i dont have a goddamned excuse. i'll hit the fucking deli next time. if for no other reason than to tempt you into a cook.

french's bitch.

yall post some good photos.

Those look greasy as fuck.
OP's look better, sorry.

I've never seen someone so assblasted over potatoes.

Why are people stingy with their recipes?

It's not mashed potato
5/10.

lol! i legitimately thought it was a BS thread so i went apeshit on it.
i reckon potatoes could look like that after whipped and spooned back onto the halves and then cooked again. Veeky Forums seems like it use to be better. im not oldfag, but there's a ton of shit threads and shit posters.

Hey OP dunno if you're still here. They look pretty good but I got a tip for you, mainly for aesthetic purposes. Only cut off the top 1/4th or 1/5th of the potato after the first bake, then scoop out, mix whatever you like (I use white cheddar, scallion, butter, bacon or pancetta if I'm feeling it) then put the potato mixture back in and bake. Looks a lot better in my (and most people's) opinions.

You clearly have never met an Irishman

kek