Who is the biggest meme in mathematics?

Who is the biggest meme in mathematics?

von neumann

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEmann.

complex numbers
literally creating a number

Paul Erdös

(Sorry, I don't have the proper accented "o" on my phone's keyboard.)

Gauss, he was really stupid

First year student detected

What???
log(-1) is totally a legit number

end your life

Galois

I hate that faggot so much.

cantor and his infinite """""set"""""

Grothendieck. What is he even talking about?

Hold down 'o'?
Or copy from Wikipedia

I stopped caring about math when I was introduced to the concept of integers. What a crock of shit. If your equation can only be solved by inventing numbers that have a magical dash sign to the left, like some kind of math deity , then you are fucking wrong and the math is flawed. Same for algebra solutions that basically say "the correct answer is whatever the correct answer is". Thats what the math said transcribed to words but god forbid if i wrote in down in english instead of the ancient math runes the teacher word mark me wrong.

Math is logical and numbers never lie my ass. Math is just as flawed as any other human construct.

homeomorphism
kys, complex numbers have lots of uses. in fact you probably wouldn't be writing this shit right now because modern modulation systems couldn't be discovered

ITT: stupid fucking engineering faggots (most likely big fucking cocksuckers too) who don't know jack shit about what they are fucking talking about. Seriously, go take fucking Calc I or something, I bet none of you have gone into a fucking hard math class, so don't bullshit me on what motherfucking topic is a fucking meme, because there's a big fucking reason these people are fucking known around the fucking world, and you have not amount to fucking anything. Every single fucking discovery in mathematics has some sort of fucking use and application.

KYS

QQ more.

albert einstien

>Every single fucking discovery in mathematics has some sort of fucking use and application.

enlighten me about its uses you salty mathfag.
I didn't knew that VOCs can change personality so much.
you should leave your ass-backwards department once in a while and snorting ink for at least 20 minutes per week

G. H. Hardy disagrees.

But in all seriousness, mathematics does not need to have applications to be worthwhile. There is something we call the aesthetics of mathematics. A Mathematician's Apology describes this well. Some mathematicians pride themselves in how useless their fields of mathematics are. But for some reason, scientists have found ways to use them. Hardy said that number theory was beautiful because it had no applications. And then computer science and cryptography came along. The Italian school worked on tensor algebra probably because they thought it was cool. And then Einstein came along and ruined it by using it to describe general relativity.

Every French mathematician that ever lived. Poincare, Laplace, Fermat, Lagrange, Liouville, Pascal, and Fourier. None of them could ever compare to the German mathematics like Gauss, Hilbert, Einstein, Riemann, and even fucking Noether. I fucking beat my dick to Noether every night.

strings

Noether looks like a dude.

>Einstein
lmao

>the biggest meme
ur mom's ass

if einstein was a mathematician, then i am the manager at mcdonalds

>then i am the manager at mcdonalds
In your dreams burgerflipper

>The Italian school worked on tensor algebra probably because they thought it was cool. And then Einstein came along and ruined it by using it to describe general relativity.
Pretty sure this was Riemann geometry.