Tfw you realize you never learned to be human and now the critical period is over

>tfw you realize you never learned to be human and now the critical period is over
>tfw youll be a cripple at best

well at least now i can end this without drama. now the reason is objective.

>making half-assed excuses to do justify escapism and evade honest effort
>seeking attention in hopes someone will empathize, validate, or connect with you
sounds pretty human to me

>pretty human

well we are all human at the base, but we need to give it the particular shape of the community we live in. without that you dont really exist in that particular human way. which is pretty much the only real one even if in theory you are still a member of the human species. but nice try anyway, as always first post best post.

>learned to be human
Pretty sure this is a spook meme, you either are born with it or not, unless your environment was fucked up, but shit there feminist male Muslims in Saudi Arabia and no one had to tell them what was right or wrong, they just knew it!

>we need to give it the particular shape of the community we live in. without that you dont really exist in that particular human way. which is pretty much the only real one
This is a decision that you have made, not an objective truth that has been imposed upon you.

>decision

>semantics
[insert passive-aggressive image to allude to you missing the point]

ok if the pic was too much then it would be like saying that you chose to learn your 1st language just like you can choose to start learning a new one today. those who dont learn it early, for whatever reason, can never fully learn any language. and that is not because they 'chose' not to. speaking of choice in that case is senseless.

>ok if the pic was too much
don't start a thread about wanting to kill yourself and then try to take the intellectual high-ground. You'll realize how dumb that is after your angst phase is over.

>it would be like saying that you chose to learn your 1st language just like you can choose to start learning a new one today.
sure

>those who dont learn it early, for whatever reason, can never fully learn any language. and that is not because they 'chose' not to
You're a monolingual non-academic American teenager.

>speaking of choice in that case is senseless
I wasn't talking about you choosing A) being a shut-in sadfag or B) fitting in with the cool kids.
I was talking about the decision to stop trying to be something your not and alter your trajectory towards who you are naturally. Plenty of people in the world live fulfilling non-social lives. I am one of them. It's a matter of shifting your perspective

lel im trilingual and have visited more than a few universities. that thing you say in your last paragraph is what is dumb once you actually realize how it goes. you cant 'shift your perspective' only by a conscious effort or by mere will and that 'non-social' thing is a myth. you can force yourself into it but all your life energy will be consumed by maintaining that non natural state. you can sure do it and delude yourself by justifying it however you want, but it would be like saying that a fish is stronger if it can survive outside the water by squelching on a puddle. fish are made to live under water and only there can they thrive. men are symbolic and ritual animals whose condition can only be fullfilled in the middle of a shared life.

but if you manage to live by yourself that simply means you acquired the value system of your community effectively in your ealry days, but after that you decided to quit it. that is a choice, but im talking about, not this or that choice, but what makes any choice possible.

You're obviously not going to change your mind, just letting you know that all it takes is one counterexample to prove you wrong, and the other user and myself are both counterexamples (among many, many others throughout history of course). But continue doing whatever it takes to justify not seeking help for your depression.

>depression

please, the drama im talking about in op is the depression. the depression that our society imposes on everyone by default. some people get over it by compensating with social physical and emotional stimulation, others compensate it by intellectual self ego boosting and yet others by preying on other people in the middle of relationships.

what im talking about is not to find new way to compensate for that shit we are being thrown and that rots our souls, but about the fact that life could be great if we didnt have to spend our lives cleaning that shit. it could be positively joyful to live, but all we can do here is find new ways to make it less worse. but anyway, ive been there where you are, living 'the counterexample', but if one is sincere with oneself and continues the path, that fades just like the old way faded.

but ok i recognize that i was pushing it a bit in op, cause i know theres a lot of ppl here who are convinced of that which only makes you remain inside the same categories but arranged differently. if one want to truly change something one has to abandon that safety and walk near the abyss.

what are you talking about

dont worry. your mind protects you from getting anything that will undermine its world image as long as it cant safely integrate it into it. you might have an unusual dream tonight.

you're not that insightful sadly. you're speaking from the position of someone with a 'world image', not someone who knows anything about how the brain works

'compensation'? what journal did you read that in?

>seems to have a grasp on what is wrong from the many paragraphs written
>somehow cannot extrapolate a constructive course of action to improve his life

kids these days. gtfo if you just want to whine like a female, you filthy pseudo-intellect

well it is a way of speaking to simplify things here and avoiding writing monster posts that no one will read. and if you think this is about the brain well i guess my trip post still stands.

you're probably so used to lazy simplified speaking that your monster posts would be more of the same, rather than systematically developed arguments

"the depression that society imposes on everyone by default"

nice. do i just accept this as the truth or go to sleep tonight and have some crazy dream as my mind comes to grips with some profound truth someone simplified for me on the internet?

oh wait no it has nothing to do with the brain

>constructive course of action

female pseudo intellect? to be honest you left me unarmed there... what could be answered to that?

btw if instead of throwing mindless adhominem insults you want to actually have a discussion with arguments im on for it. ive been a litizen for some time now, have lived the lit lifestyle for even more, but now im beggining to move from that view, as a result of that lifestyle.

well youre the one who used the word depression in the first place. i only adapt my words to the one im answering. i would never use that word in a serious argument. i mean, depression? please.

>Cute

>well youre the one who used the word depression in the first place.

my first post was 'what are you talking about'

>i only adapt my words to the one im answering.

lazy

ah sorry, if it wasnt you then some other user did, but anyway you took the flag after him.

>lazy

please, the only way you can speak to someone effectively is by saying things in a way they will understand. if you mumble your jargon you wont get anything passed.

what are we supposed to do?

well you could start by stopping to expect people to tell you what to do. or at least to understand how have you learned to live that way.

how do I do that?

order a pizza and as the delivery guy.

>the only way you can speak to someone effectively is by saying things in a way they will understand.

convenient and lazy. what you think you are doing and what you are doing are two different things. at worst it's an equivocation fallacy. at best you're discussing key terms in depth, which is not what you are even attempting to do.

i've made my point; lazy thinker.

ask*

I can't afford a pizza, user

ok, you can hide this thread.

im sure you wont need to pay for it with a question like that.

nothin to argue, you're just a pseud who is whining about his nonsensical obfuscating theories not being applicable to real life, and has somehow convinced himself that he isn't human. imagine that.
>sophists
>wah wah ad hominems

is there nothing you idiots won't obfuscate

>litizen
>lit lifestyle
this is pretty sad man, it just demonstrates that you have no life and will accept whatever sounds cool or elite. there is no "lit lifestyle," there are just a bunch of early-20s insecure beta males who masturbate each other based on their reading lists.

>im beginning to move from that view, as a result of that lifestyle
no, you're just realizing that Veeky Forums like every other part of channel four is a complete waste of time

>actually have a discussion instead of mindless adhominem insults
not only are you redundant, but you're also childish and self-centered. nobody cares about you except you. as always op is a fagot. pic related.

>learn to be human
Oh but, you see, there is no prescriptive content to humanity, my little spook.

I posted , after reading more I realized you aren't depressed, just extremely spooked. What exactly do you believe you missed out on in the process of "being human"?

see . human life might have no prescriptive content but has a prescriptive need for content. cant have it empty, and the idea of a spook just shows that in its most pathetic way. anything is grist for the mind's mill, which doesnt stop turning just like the heart never stops beating until the last moment of life.

if you just stop everything, ie stop your will and all its actions, you soon realize the mind continues working and the most basic things will come to be its raw material. like if you had a car you could not park, but had to keep running even when you sleep.

i see it is impossible to explain this directly, for it is almost like trying to explain what the world of the blind man is like to any of us. and just covering our eyes is quite far from it, it will actually be misleading. im not talking about learning this or that, but about what makes learning possible. and i guess being conscious about that can only be done by those who lack it or those who went beyond it. not by those who just use it.

but let me try: it is as if we were playing tennis and someone without a racket arrived and asked to be included. even if we want to include him, he wont be able to play for he is, not a bad player, but simply is no player yet, cause he lacks the pre requisites for it. thus, anyone who has a racket can enter our club, even if is someone who, with his racket, will just go sit in a corner and talk no one. on the other hand, someone who want to play but has no racket is excluded a priori from the game.

Why would we teach a cat to be human?

You're being needlessly obscure. What is the tennis an analogy for? What is this vital task for which you're not equipped?

I was once like you user, but then I grew a brain, a dick, and a heart.

Try 1. going outside 2. making friends 3. maybe read a fucking book once in a while

>inb4 you try to tell me this advice is wrong
even if it were, which it's not, you're under the false impression that I'm posting ITT to help you.

Saged and reported, not Veeky Forums, just cringey

how is that obscure? but anyway the tennis image was to evoke the symbolic system we need to acquire to be part of our community. that is learned though behavior just the same way we learn language through speaking. not overnight but after a lot of experience. and above all: not consciously. it just happens and it is what allows consciousness much later. and i used the image because there is no other way to explain it tho those who successfully acquired it, and any attempt to do it directly, well u can read the thread. but anyway, this has been useful to know how people would react.

>a female

It may be true in your case that you need to be part of a community, but for plenty of people that's not at all the case. Don't attempt to speak for everyone.

thats precisely what i was trying to illustrate with the tennis image. the guy who has a racket but does not play is part of the tennis club even if he chooses to avoid playing. the guy who has no racket cannot be a part of the club or play in it, irrespective of his desires to be or not a part of it. im not talking about personal choices but about the possibility of action itself.

you might not have a conscious need to be a part of a group, but the fact that you can go live by yourself means you are part of a larger group, for the way you organize your life is done with the tools you learned from that larger group. there cant be life without some sort of organization, and this organization can only be acquired socially. what you do with that later is irrelevant here.

i love how people take for granted and cant even suspect the existence all the categories they use to judge the world theyre in. i guess thats the natural way of being. the mind is always one step ahead.

my man, u are thinking too hard. go lift weights and join a club sport.

I'm incapable of being a part of any sort of community, if I ever need to be in a community to live then I'll probably die at that point. You still haven't specified what "tools" you're talking about though, so it's hard for me to tell if we're really on the same page here.

what is it my fellow litizens, im shattering your illusions of being asocial and of seeing the world from a higher perspective that the random man in the street, who has the lesser need of human contact to survive, cant attain?

ive been where you are, but i pushed it beyond the safety zone and all im saying is that one cripples oneself by remaining in that delusion, because true autonomous action is limited if you keep the old categories you inherited but simply arrange them differently.

it is like this guy who has the racket, is in the tennis club but, for whatever reason, chooses not to play and goes live by himself behind the courts. it can sure be done, but maybe if he throws that racket and goes try another sport, or another activity, he will thrive in it, he will experience human existence differently. maybe he is a great musician or a writer or whatnot. but as long as he is reduced to stay in that place, all he is reduced to is to, is simply a non-tennis-player. thats a waste.

all this delusion of knowing how things really are is just a device to keep you from trying something that is truly different. there is no reality but what you build in interaction with your surroundings.

>true autonomous action

>fellow litizens
>ive been where you are
>delusion
>true autonomous action

just stop. you're posting in one of the more intelligent boards.

Listen man this is really basic stuff you're laying down here. Why the fuck should I care?

shiit man, what the hell do i know why you should care. if youre asking me that, maybe it is because u do but dont know why. id speculate that it is the simplicity of that basic stuff that strikes the need for complexity and exposes it as useless, at least used in certain ways.