Veeky Forums challenge: Prove L's identity

Okay, in my last thread I pretty much proved that none of you know the first thing about serious mathematics so this is a test.

Veeky Forums you have to proof the identity in pic related and if you are not then you are not fit for scientific discussion and therefore must go back to /b/ where you belong.

Can you do it?
Can even the collective effort of all Veeky Forums posters achieve it?

I FUCKING DOUBT IT.

But I will be happy to be proven wrong. You may ask me questions.

Some information about it:

As you can see, it is pretty much a better euler's identity in the sense that all of the important math objects are there.

You have the multiplicative identity 1, the additive identity 0, infinity (twice), an improper integral, the natural logarithm, an exponential, etc.

It is pretty much the whole package. Can you even try to decipher how that even came to be?

I call it L's identity.

Can you even prove that it is actually correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cool hw thread OP.
Lemme know when you graduate crayons and move on to scissors

I did not use crayons, those are markers.

Fuck you man, salty bitch because you can't deduce this revolutarionary theorem.

By the way, I know how to prove it. I invented it. That is why I said that you could ask questions.

Integral is equal to n! and the sum is equal to e^ln4. 4 divided by 4 is 1. Easy enough.

Jesus h fucking christ this is retarded.
Go back to your calc 1 summer class and don't post on Veeky Forums again until your balls drop, kiddo.

Dude. This is just a Taylor series and an improper integral. It ends up being $e^{\ln{4}}/4 = 1$. You do know that some of us have PhDs in mathematics, right?

I'm normally not the type to wave my degree in other people's faces, but the "I FUCKING DOUBT IT" triggered me. Kappa.

>Integral is equal to n!
Prove it.

> the sum is equal to e^ln4
Prove it

> 4 divided by 4 is 1
Prove it.

A rant is not a proof.

I already passed calc 1, I'm on my second semester dude. You should know that my skill level is way beyond calc 1 shit.

Looks like Veeky Forums can't even into identities.

>Looks like Veeky Forums can't even into identities.

Nor can you. Seems the "L" in "L's identity" stands for 'liar',

Can you give me that text pls.

Well yeah because he fucked up the gamma function. His "identity" is actually just 2 ln(2).
>I already passed calc 1, I'm on my second semester dude
Not according to your post you haven't.

>I'm on my second semester dude
Woah! Step the fuck back, everyone! We've got a real serious mathematician here! He passed calc 1!

>Not according to your post you haven't.

Yes I did, and I even got an A. Not only did I pass calculus, the results say that I am perfect at calculus.

pls give me that text, I will suck the D. I mean the thing you input into wolframalpha.

pst smart bro gamma(n) = (n-1)! not n!

just copy it from the picture, you lazy swine

>pst smart bro gamma(n) = (n-1)! not n!
Oh shit.

Just adjut that on my identity and it is pretty much correct again. You just got pranked.

No please my man, do it for me.

>Yes I did, and I even got an A. Not only did I pass calculus, the results say that I am perfect at calculus.
>posts a picture of his grades

Wow such a faggot. You can't even manipulate sums correctly.

pst again smart bro I hope you weren't looking for someone to tex your shit:: Put this in wolfram

1 = (1/4)(sum n = 0 to infinity of ((2*ln(2))^n)/(integral from 0 to infinity of x^n e^(-x)dx))

Hah fuck you.

Thank you my man, I will suck the d.

Too late but thank you anyways. That motherfucker made me type it out.

pst smart bro shut the fuck up

faggot my image i mean forgot

If you notice it is not the same as in your post. You wrote x^{n-1}, not x^n.
Jokes on you, pal.

That is why I said thank for you the guy who made the fix.

You know, when your brain is full of perfect calculus I knowledge it is hard to remember exactly that gamma(n) = (n-1)! and not n!

Still, no one has supplied a proof for this amazing result that will most likely change the way we understand mathematics.

I mean, can you plebs EVEN prove that it converges?

Stop being a twat, kiddo. You made a shitty bait thread and didn't even do that well.

pst smart bro gamma function follows a recursive relation just like that good ol factorial function like it really induces me to keep answer you even tho we do ur hw or you troll for no reason

pst smart bro show you can interchange that sum and derivative step 1

I am sure you did something wrong.

Plus, assuming I am baiting then I did pretty well.
This thread got 25 replies so far and my other thread has fucking 67.

I am talking about obviously.

I am not baiting though. I am revolutionizing mathematics. I already pumped out 2 theorems this day but I think that will be all the revolutions. Maybe tomorrow something will click and I will publish a 3rd result.

Honestly that shit looks like chinese to me.

I don't know if he is right or wrong but either way, that is not how I came with my revolutionary theorem.

Revolutionary because it proves that since the time of the greeks, the mathematicians were not talking about units, they were talking about infinite sums and infinite integrals, therefore infinite sums have always existed and we've always been handling them.

> infinite sums
> always handling them

bdubs you cant switch the sum and derivative

Sounds my my penis and your mom

The argument of the sum and of the derivative are different, and this is obviously a case where the sum rule of differentiation can be extended to infinite sums. The sum converges absolutely just by inspection.

something something not converging uniformly

Ehh it's oh no concern to me. It's the right answer, and I didn't study mathematics.

>Op taking bait this hard
Give up m8
You'll never be good enough to impress your father. Trying to prove dominance over tards only will make your insatiable personality multiplicative. Now fuck off with these threads. Nobody cares faggot; take a hint

Okay, since you people keep asking I will prove my own theorem here for you.

Start with identity number 1, discovered by mathematicians that were probably at my level of intellect.

[math]e^x = 1 + x + \frac{x^2}{2!} + \frac{x^3}{3!} + ...[/math]

And then a much simpler identity, identity #2:

[math]x^a = e^{alnx}[/math]

I replace x=2 to get

[math]2^a = e^{aln2}[/math]

and then replace a=2 to get

[math]2^2 = e^{2ln2}[/math] which implies
[math]4 = e^{2ln2}[/math]

Now I take the right hand side into my first indetity

[math]4 = 1 + 2ln2 + \frac{(2ln2)^2}{2!} + \frac{(2ln2)^3}{3!} + ...[/math]

The rest is trivial manipulation left for the reader as an exercise.

Now you fags know how it looks when a genius gets to fucking work.

2 THEOREMS IN A SINGLE DAY.

That is when you know that you are definitely going to be succesful as a mathematician.

Google, just cache this website and send to Harvard as my graduate thesis please. I will skip the next 3 years of university and just get my PhD immediately.

>analysis warm-up problem at best
>theorem

>>analysis warm-up problem at best

Contrary to what you people believe, this is not homework or a problem I was given.

I was watching a mathologer video about the simpsons and he showed the taylor series thing for e^x and then I start playing with it on my board and the eureka moment just came as I realized my majestic result.

This is how Euler felt when he discovered his identity, that is only just a little less amazing than mine.

I can really understand people like Euler and Gauss, we are all pretty much standing at the same height looking at each other with pride.

bait or not you seem to be a pretty intelligent guy, despite the ego

You should work on your handwriting, honestly couldn't read that mess until I saw what people put into wolframalpha. "ln" is not written with a capital n and exponents are not written above the base but right next to it. "dx" is not written as "∂x" either. The way it's written it reads as
[eqn] 1 = \frac{1}{4}\sum_{ N = 0 }^\infty \frac{(21 N_2)^N}{\int_0^\infty x^{N-1-X}e \partial x } [/eqn]

>bait or not you seem to be a pretty intelligent guy

I better be. I mean, my first theorem pretty much proves that all of math after the 18th century is wrong. My second theorem proves that there is a fundamental connection between the additive and multiplicative identity, infinite sums, the number e, improper integrals, etc.

A new age of mathematics started today in Veeky Forums, hopefully the mathematicians that are not doubting my genius are already looking for the implications of my two theorems.

>despite the ego

I hope you know I'm just playing.

Who has time to think about handwriting when you have the moral responsibility of taking mathematics to new horizons.

I mean, I just proved that all of math is wrong in so now I need to rebuild from the beginning, and I do so by starting from this powerful revolutionary theorem.

>majestic result
The super simple series you came up with?

mind if i ask your IQ, age, and experience in math?

also

>I hope you know I'm just playing

it seems like you're going the route of "it's funny because it's true" in your "joking"

Prove the Whitney sum bundle of two mobius bundles is trivial.
You're doing baby math dude

>mind if i ask your IQ, age, and experience in math?

IQ: 131
Experience in math: Freshman in pure mathematics. The pic I showed with my calculus grade is actually true. I am at the moment at the break between semesters.

>Prove the Whitney sum bundle of two mobius bundles is trivial.

Proof:
When you are at my level everything is trivial. Therefore this is trivial.

Easy peasy. Nothing compared with my amazing revolutionary identity.

I mean, when did you expect that you would find a link between 1, 0, e, infinity, sums, logarithms and integrals?

Fucking never m8. Fucking never. But I just did it!

What is the application of it, though?

t. brainlet

> pure math
> starting with calc
I feel bad for you mate

Any applied problem that has the number 1 in it you can now replace my identity in for the 1 and that will probably reveal yet unknown properties of whatever you were doing before.

It is a fixed curriculum man. Also, what is wrong with calculus? Shit was comfy.

It won't simplify anything though, because like you said, it has everything (e, infinity, sums, logarithms and integrals). So maybe it makes an integral disappear, but now you still have everything else.

good to know im not the only one here

>When you are at my level everything is trivial. Therefore this is trivial
So by not giving a proof you're admitting you are a baby math brainlet.

Here's another one for you to try to redeem yourself on:
Prove [math] \mathbb{CP} ^2 [/math] has no orientation reversing diffeomorphisms.

>but now you still have everything else.

Well maybe expressions are just meant to have more random bullshit in them.

Maybe that is what we need in math in 2016.

What do you want me to say man holy fuck. You know I don't know shit about what you are talking about.

The answer is 6, fuck you.

Well the integral is the Gamma function so that should be (N-1)! and from there on it's like a power series. We get e^(ln 2 + ln 2) = 2 * 2 = 4. So there's that.

>the integral is the Gamma function
Prove it.

> 2 * 2 = 4.
Prove it.

>real math triggers the brainlet

congratulations on your accomplishments today, really shocked the world. However you made one critical mistake my friend.

... wait for it...

your two theorems are contradictory

I know, I know, it hurts. Every great mathematician experiences a few pitfalls now and again.

Using your first theorem graced to us, namely that every infinite series can be shown without doubt to converge to 0, we simply apply your unparalleled method of +1 -1 to the infinite sum on the right, and see without a shadow of doubt that it is 0.

In short, only one of your two great theorems published today can be true.

>implying he didn't just prove the fundamental inconsistency of mathematics and destroy our contradictory foundations

My first theorem assumes that modern mathematics is right to show a contradiction, therefore it proves that math is wrong.

My second theorem goes back to rebuild the theory of infinite sums by proving an undeniable result that we can use in the future to actually define infinite sums.

They are contradictory because they exist in different systems.

I know it hurts, friend. The first step in grief is denial - we'll work through your pain together. Just know we're here for you.

I'll start slow to ease the pain. We make the infinite sum you used:

4 = 1 + 2ln2 + \frac{(2ln2)^2}{2!} + \frac{(2ln2)^3}{3!} + ...

and it becomes:

4 = 1 + (1 - 1) + 2ln2 + \frac{(2ln2)^2}{2!} + \frac{(2ln2)^3}{3!} + ...

now because there are an infinite number of -1 in the sum, it must = 0 as you so eloquently defended from all attacks earlier.

I know it hurts, denial always does. Feel free and try to disprove me if you wish.

If you're good at math you'll be starting in at the very least analysis your first semester. Not baby tier analysis either, the course should cover functional analysis and measure theory. Have fun in calc tho

> all important objects of maths
Got me keking in this at least :^)

I don't know how this would be possible when most students barely know derivatives and few are lucky enough to do integrals.

I mean before they graduate highschool.

>> 4 divided by 4 is 1
>Prove it.
Never go full retard.

not a proof

Take your pedophile cartoons back to Fucking degenerate.

>I'm on my second semester dude
That doesnt mean shit, faggot

what
isnt it fucking spongebob?

>hurr durr, prove 1+1=2 first
>this will be a total productive discussion that way
fuck off

prove that 1+2 is 2 without axioms

The fact is that a day has passed and no one in Veeky Forums has been able to prove my revolutionary and astounding theorem that pretty much shakes the foundation of mathematics.

I don't blame you for it though.

Its spongebob you fucking sperg

>I'm in school and want to feel better than others in some way so I post on Veeky Forums

First prove the meaning of =.

>Prove L's identity
Easy, I just make a deal for some Shinigami eyes.

Using the only foundation that matters,

A=B if and only if A is contained in B and B is contained A.

All numbers are sets, all functions are sets, sums are sets, etc. Everything is a set so now equality is well defined everywhere.

This is fucking obvious if you know what the gamma function and the expansion of e^x is

>when did you expect that you would find a link between 1, 0, e, infinity, sums, logarithms and integrals?

pro i can top that:
(1/\sqrt(2*pi))*\int_{-\infty^}^{\infty} exp(-0.5*x^2) = ln(1) + \sum_{n=1}^{\infty} ((i*pi/2)^n)/n! - i

Gamma(0) is undefined, faggot.

I meant to write down gamma(n+1), not gamma(n).

That issue has been solved already, my theorem stands tall, shaking the foundations of mathematics.

kek, what are you talking about?

it was proven. You just sperged out and wanted people to prove 4/4=1. If you want prove for something that simple, we have to assume you will shout "prove it!" ad infinitum

When I was a little boy and I was kinder by teacher asked
>L, what is 1+1

and I, without knowing, said:
>It is obviously two times 1 fourth times the sum from n=0 to infinity of the nth power of 2 times natural log 2 over the integral from 0 to infinity of x to the n times e to the -x.

She looked at me like
>What the fuck are you talking about? THAT IS NOT TRUE! That is not what our totalitarian math dictators say. 1 + 1 EQUALS TWO AND YOU BETTER LEARN IT THAT WAY.

That day I went crying home because what I said just came out from my heart. I could not fight my teacher because I did not know how to prove such a result. I did not even know what a fucking integral was, it just came out like if I was born with the knowledge.

So I stayed silent for all those years until I finally graduated from school and entered university. This last semester I learned calculus and rigorous proof writing and NOW I KNOW.

All of you faggots following the false gods will try to deny this, but I have already written the proof. This result is UNDENIABLE.

>Veeky Forums can't even prove that 4/4 = 1

So sad, no wonder you people cannot yet comprehend my theorem.

Yes, user 1+1=2, or two times 2. You dont need calculus for that and it has barely anything to do with infinity.
This has nithing to do "totalitarian math dictators", it is simple mathmatics. simple logic.
You didnt post proof for anything and what you said was already denied.
I appriciate the effort, tho

b8

Here I wrote the elementary parts of my proof.
I know, just like the similar revolutionary mathematician Mochizooka, it will probably take you 5 years to even comprehend the first line but I say, TRY!

TRY FOR THE SAKE OF MATHEMATICS!

am i smart liek OP?

wow, you are really full of yourself and think you are smarter than everyone else. Kind of cute.

This is dunning-kruger effect at full force.

>That is when you know that you are definitely going to be succesful as a mathematician.
>Google, just cache this website and send to Harvard as my graduate thesis please. I will skip the next 3 years of university and just get my PhD immediately.
oh boy. The funny thing is, people like you really exist

If you are going to laugh at my theorem because it over complicates things, then why don't you also laugh at Euler?

e to the i pi is simply -1 so all he did was over complicate the equation -1 + 1 = 0.

But why don't we ridicule him? Because his theorem showed that there is a relation between many different parts of math and because you can use that result to prove new things. JUST LIKE YOU CAN DO WITH MY THEOREM.

Stop glorifying the false gods of 1 and start learning the glory of my new way of writing 1.

I take that back, it will take you about 10 years.

But I will wait.

i agree, this "bait" is pure cringe. I feel bad for this kid desu.

If you think something is bait you can't also think that it is cringe.

Things are cringey when dumb white kids think they are badass thug rappers.

It is not cringey when a kid pretends to be a dumb white kid that thinks himself to be a badass thug rapper.

This sums up my new theorem:

P AND (NOT P) is a contradiction.

Make that 3 theorems a day babyyyy.

this isnt even your """""theorem""""". What makes you think your shit is original or in any way clever?

>it will take you about 10 years.
Yep, dunning-kruger effect overload.
I bet you dont even have a degree.

>dumb white kids
So you are also some kind of SJW cuck. It gets better and better

>this isnt even your """""theorem""""". What makes you think your shit is original or in any way clever?

Well, I bet that no one else has ever came up with it.

>I bet you dont even have a degree.
As I said I am a second semester freshman majoring in mathematics.

So pretty much at the PhD level, you know. Wildburger showed me that all of math is wrong and I am now comitted to fixing it. As he said, the burden of fixing this mess will fall upon us young mathematicians so I better start fucking early.

Looks like you haven't read enough youtube comment section.

Just look for rap instrumentals and read the comments, you will understand what I am saying.

I am not an SJW though.

ITT: people not understanding what a troll is still.

I was not informed. The definition of troll was re-defined to be a genius mathematician that revolutionizes the field?

Wew, I should get my hands on a new dictionary soon because things are changing fast.

Thanks my man.

>I bet that no one else has ever came up with it.
You can believe what you want, if it makes you happy. But thats not how we operate in the scientific community.

>second semester
>pretty much at the PhD level
>spouting bullshit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

>>spouting bullshit
You can make fun of my status at the moment but I am not spounting bullshit.

My theorem is correct, regardless of what you may think about it so I am not spouting bullshit. I am educating the dumb masses.

Also, I know about the kruger shit m8. Vsauce made a video on it. :^)