Do Americans really eat this much for one meal?

Do Americans really eat this much for one meal?

Why don't you make these threads on /int/ instead?

Yep litterelly every 1 off them their's a reasin there all morbedly obese lol

Yes, but they eat it ironically to raise awareness over the "Americans are fat" stereotype.

Yep, that's about average

How many calories do you suppose are on that plate?

Yes. Next question?

1/4 of your daily value

What do you mean "this much"?

Well, I would assume the amount of food shown in the photograph.

lol at OP. You must be skeleton sized or something if you think that's even a meal. It still needs a bag of potato chips or fries or something to go with it and a milk shake and dessert. Nobody here would eat just that and be satisfied. Grow up.

Only 500 ish cal? I would guesstimate 1200

>1200
Exactly. That's about a 1/4 of what you need in a day as a healthy american

Yes we do you manlet

This, maybe as an appetizer for your 5-year-old but not a meal.

That's literally just an average sized sandwich. I would hardly call that a meal anyway.

HOURLY
EUROPOOR
OBSESSION
THREAD

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

Now that's a Reuben. I've always want to have one like that. All the places near by just don't go hard like in the pic.

I actually do eat like this but i never finish it all and save it for later, my friends and family have often said i eat like a bird that i eat small stuff randomly through the day

Yes. Pic related is the dessert

European here. Where can I buy sandwiches like that?

OP's pic looks like Katz's Deli, which is a famous tourist restaurant in New York.

But that said, you could get this from any deli. They normally aren't that large, but all you have to do is request more meat.

It's a restaurant from Philli so close enough

How does one go about eating that?

quit givin' me ideas stupid nigger

You bite it

With your mouth.

>meal

This is clearly a light snack

no fuckin way, that's probably like 600% of your recommended daily salt intake

>worrying about salt intake
Drink more water

>>not getting the joke

Oh, it's a hourly "Do Americans really...." thread.

riportd

>ywn eat at a traditional jewish deli in nyc

The jews are destroying all the jewish delis, damn them!!!

>Manny's is superior to Katz's
This is now a rueben/deli thread

*reuben

Hourly

Yuropoor

Obsession

Thread

Some people do. I'm not one of them.

I can, but that's because I'm a hungry skeletal who's trying to bulk

>5000cal diet

Just gonna start posting HYOT, happens too often to bother typing it all off.

For breakfast, maybe.

>that paper thin layer of Kraut
>that impossibly thick layer of meat to bite through
>$13.95

God I hate cunt restaurants that do this, so much. If I had someone with me, I'd just share the plate and order extra sauerkraut.

For the the first round, right?

We can only hope to.

Hourly
Europoor
Obsession
Thread

Meat and bread, that's all I see.

Give me a loaf of bread and some other peopl

Sorry my friend that is not a Reuben what you're looking at is a Pastrami sandwich. Reubens normally don't come that stacked unless you're at one of those deli's that stacks all their sandwiches

When I worked physical labor I'd eat that in a jiffy and I was fit and trim. these days I'd probably eat that over 2 days, you don't even need to refrigerate it, just wrap it up.

Sauerkraut and thousand island, that's deff a Ruben

Obviously not american, otherwise itd come with a bottle of ranch

This sandwich has about 2x the amount of meat I normally see but there is usually at least one more side dish as well. Sadly, American servings are very big, many visitors notice this, especially Asians. I've heard Australian servings are pretty big too.
So when we diet or cut, the new portions can seem quite disappointing. No excuse, of course but there you have it.
Also see the abundance of 'fatty is ok' threads popping up even here when it used to just be Tumblr contained. It's getting bad.

I don't think meat like that has a whole lot of calories

I would if I could

They could have just boiled all the calories out.

it's about 45 calories per ounce of pastrami from katz deli. A pastrami on rye with 16 ounces of pastrami is around 8-900 calories. It's actually not that much considering you can eat it for 2-3 meals and pickles have zero everything as far as macro nutrients and calories go. It's all very high in sodium though if that matters for the one or two times a year you may eat it.

>Do Americans really...

All day, every day. The world is obsessed with everything America. If we took a shit differently, everyone across the globe would start talking about it.

throw in those Roesti as well and you're in 1200-1500 without issues.

It's a novelty

>took a shit differently

I thought we did in that ours doesn't stink. Badabing, slam!

Well yeah but still there is no way I would eat all that in one sitting meal. the rye, mustard, kraut, and meat along with the pickle is around 800 or so. That alone would be a meal to me and I still couldn't eat it all. Split it in half, add a salad for two and it's a 500 or so calorie lunch/dinner for 2 easily and if you're stretching money then you can make it enough food for 3 honestly. Add anything besides a salad like extra carbs or dessert or 3 cups of coffee with cream and sugar and the whole meal is a death bomb honestly. But again, once or twice per year would be okay just not an every day lunch thing which is where we as Americans fail. I know there is people who eat it all in one sitting every single work day. I would bet money on it.

That's a reuben.
It's about 750 calories. +/- 150, because that's a lot of corned beef.

God-tier bulking food

OP and other assravaged yuropoors confirmed never gonna make it

wrong

yes and no, its very usual in northamerica that you dont eat all at once. You take the the remains at home and maybe eat it later on.
For the americans: in europe we neverdo this for us us its weird to take remains home and to have remains at all.

That's half the enjoyment of restaurant food for me though. Although it never tastes as good when reheated or eaten cold. Even left over subway sub tastes different compared to when it's fresh.

no way, this sort of thing is common in the states? in the uk stuff like this is a gimmick in a very select few places (ive never come across one), and they wouldnt be cheap either..

how much do stuff this big cost? and you can just 'request' more meat if you want?

i gotta go to the states. fuck

Five bucks at most.

>no way, this sort of thing is common in the states?

I didn't say it was common. I said you could get it at any deli. The reason is that you can request however much meat you want. Normally you wouldn't get such a large portion by default. But since delis sell meat by unit weight all you have to do is say: "Hi, can I get a Reuben, but I want it with a whole pound of meat".

>>how much do stuff this big cost?
Depends on the deli. As was posted before this is likely from Katz's, a well known tourist trap. Expected price would be about $12-15.

>>and you can just 'request' more meat if you want?
Of course. It's a deli. They sell meat by the pound. You can buy as much or as little as you like.

People in america pay up to $30 just for shit like this

yep and it's worth it for pastrami that has been cured for 30 days, smoked, boiled, steamed and cut up and layered perfectly on rye bread. Compared to pastrami aged a day and a half and injected full of fake flavor and other additives.

>bacon pb&j

god damn

Yes our food is empty and has little nutrition so we eat more volume

Fucking this.

how does any of that justify this gigantic pile?