What does Veeky Forumss collection look like

And what does Veeky Forums think of my collection? Post yours

Are these all the books you own, little man?

All mine.
>"little man"
18, not little: small.

bump

Mine looks like a bookshelf. Are those seriously the only books you own? You must be a tedious person to talk to.

I've only just started buying books. I just borrowed from the library previous to my starting this collection.

stem fag : the post

Yeah because books justify how interesting you are ...

"I am the one the one who does not need no gun to get respect up in the streets" *hits dab*

You might need to prostitute yourself or you won't survive the winter

is that supposed to be an impressive salary?

Computer Science below law and toxicology. It's a branch of pure mathematics, come on.

No, it's just more than any liberal arts brainlet will ever make.

90-120 hour work weeks. That's why.

Currently reading The Brothers Karamazov and have Gogol's Dead Souls on the way.

lol not a single comment, fuck this thread and fuck this board

I have an English degree and I made 250k last year. I am the team lead and I have 5 STEMfags working under me for less than ~120k each. I'm 23. Stay cucked STEMfags.

complete bullshit
not sure who the hell you think your lieing to, an online fourm or yourself

It's nothing personal, we just don't like you.

Ah, another opportunity to post a small sampling of my Veeky Forumserati patrician collection.

No Huxley or Orwell? KYS

OP one day you too will have several book shelfs full of things no one but you and losers online care about

why are you so mad user? degree literally doesn't matter.

daily reminder women's studies major from harvard makes more than STEMcuck from random state school :)

one could argue that by not having any Orwell he actually makes up for not having any Huxley

At least you're not a total fictionfag like most of this board.

How many of those have you actually read so far, however?

I've met maybe 3 people who've sincerely read the Critique.

looks like he's at page 20

it's a meme picture of some tryhard in a bookshel thread who cried after someone told him it was obvious he doesn't even read and just got memed into buying these

>reading non fiction

kek

Jokes on you, I've read everything there twice with the exception of Joyce and Republic.

>Reading fiction

what does the comfy guy image imply??

The comfort of anyone who does not have a shitty day job like mine, which consumes all of my hours between 06:00-18:00.

what makes you think I do not work 12 hours a day like yourself?

ANSWER ME DAMMIT!!!!

1) citation needed 2) if you plan on making serious money with a liberal arts degree you have to be really good, have a large population of people enjoy your work, and or be involved with film and tv.

Lol look at this guy. He thinks lib arts majors actually work in the field of their studies.

You don't really understand how job markets work, do you?

i work 12 hours and devote the other 8 waking hours to be being comfy, it's a very good system

Why is it that liberal majors dont work in their fields? And where do they work? And why do these places that hire them, hire them?

what do you do? Do you have a social life?

>Why is it that liberal majors dont work in their fields?

because they studied liberal arts, not a restrictive, hyper-specific trade.

> And where do they work?

pretty much anywhere, half my friends are working in banks, a few are doing public relationship and advertising, some are working for consulting firms, etc.

> And why do these places that hire them, hire them?

because they need educated people but not any set of particular skills besides the ability to communicate well.

>because they need educated people but not any set of particular skills besides the ability to communicate well.
communicate well how?

communicating with personnel, clients, contractors and regulators appropriately.

have you tried to work directly with a software engineers? they're autistic.

I take it you use the term autistic as an expression and not literally. But how does a liberal arts degree prove that you are an excellent communicator? Is this what liberal arts teaches?

What the fuck is this? A bookshelf thread for poors and newfags?

>I take it you use the term autistic as an expression and not literally.

yeah.

> But how does a liberal arts degree prove that you are an excellent communicator?

i said 'communicate well'. excellence is not required, just competence.

> Is this what liberal arts teaches?

for the most part.

what do you do? done?

>what do you do?

i do research for documentaries for regional TV channels.

>done?

as in talking? i guess.

thats a cool job what does that entail?

and no I meant your past accomplishments that landed you your career/job/works that you currently have, but yeah what talking have you done too lol.

judge my shit taste

too neat

yee boi fleet foxes

>thats a cool job what does that entail?

they give us an assignment, and we do a cursory survey then split up the details between the team, so i end up reading a lot of secondary sources about one particular thing and then giving the scriptwriter a kind of report with interesting facts, ironies, and a general explanation of the subject fit for laymen. i end up reading a lot for it.

> I meant your past accomplishments that landed you your career

nepotism, basically. i did nothing in particular to earn my job, i just knew the right person. my previous job was pastry cook.

>
interesting

Which gray's anatomy is that? also i heard that gray's anatomy is out of date and not that good for studying.

Good man

Huxley > Orwell

you're retarded lol

i work at a hedge fund. i got an english degree from an ivy. no one gives a shit what your degree is.

just some random version I got for cheap, I know it's out if date but I like the perspective it puts of the human body. I have numerous biology/biomedical books from college to learn all the accurate stuff.

what would you suggest is good books to learn from?

how well do you regard that electronics book?

That Chaucer any good?

No outer sleeves?

I should definitely look into getting a bookshelf. Can take closer photos of anyone wants to judge me based on my books.

>"patrician collection"
>everything is in English

holy black spine

yeah they were going for a tenner at the bookshop i used to live by, even the ones that cost $30 on average at other places, so i scooped up as many as i could

penguin classics/black classics have always been good for me too. Local bookstore has pretty regular sales for these, making them even cheaper. People complain about the translations tho?

yeah the majority of the cheapest ones use the cheapest translations available - thats why you'll find a few different translations of the same books in penguin classic form.
i think vintage generally uses the best translation available

That's interesting to know, thank you. I'll move to vintage for new book purchases.

only for foreign translations at least, english just go the cheapest thing available

I know it is a troll, but this list seems to rank everything by income that a degree can earn. I think this is flawed because money isn't everything. The West puts too much worth into things like love and wealth and leaves other passions to die. What good is making 250k a year if you are unhappy doing it? Do people really think having a nice big house will make them happy? Sure if you enjoy working at it comes with money that is a plus, but trying to be happy or at least finding peace is most likely the best one can do.

The whole idea that love is all that matters in life too.....

Yes you're a pleb we know, please throw out your shit.

The I'm only going to read the most famous author from his respective country meme is a big joke, Hate you plebs who just read dead souls and dostoy and 1 tolstoy book and close the book on russian lit.

You have average tastes in everything and you haven't bothered in one medium of yours to take your interest any further then the most popular entry level items.

Good job! Nice job with the GRR martin meme books too.