Why are cats not scared of insects? Should I get one to watch my house?

Why are cats not scared of insects? Should I get one to watch my house?

cats are predators that hunt insects.
yes, get a stray one or adopt.

size difference

it's why elephants are afraid of mice too

This.
Cats will seek and destroy insects, bees, wasps, mice, bats and any kind of pests or vermins they can get their hands on.
They will also try to kill your in your sleep but its okay cuz they're cute :3

Cats destroy pretty much any organism smaller than them. Though not reliably, they'll toy with something and let it get away if they're feeling lazy and believe it can't get anywhere they won't find it. Sometimes it does.

I don't think cats intend to kill anything in the way we think of goal oriented actions. When it comes to insects etc, it's just an eventual side effect of what they really want at the time.

Almost all felids are ambush predators by nature, and need something to stimulate their instincts.

House cats usually have quite boring lives, and find anything small and moving exciting.

My favorite psychopaths! Pokecat Athena-Jane I CHOOSE YOU!

>bees
>wasps
Sure...

>Almost all felids are ambush predators by nature, and need something to stimulate their instincts.
>House cats usually have quite boring lives, and find anything small and moving exciting.

Not afraid of mice, afraid of fire ants. Look up their avoidance of certain species of trees for this very reason. They are afraid of movement at their feet because fire ants up their nose feels like ops questions.

>fire ants
Dude, fire ant is not the preferred nomenclature. Spicy boy, please.

> Flaming Memecucks Anticucks

Can confirm,I've got two cats and insects are practically nonexistent in my house.

>They will also try to kill your in your sleep but its okay cuz they're cute :3

yes they are

do they eat roaches
because my apartment has a lot of roaches. The spider i let live in my kitchen has killed some of them though and their numbers are dwindling

You're imagining that. A flock of roaches can outfuck a spider any day of the week.

This is now a cat posting thread

Most of cats try to eat one bee when they are young, they usually learn fast that it's not worth it. Watching them trying to scratch their tongue is hilarious tough

These fuckers are also very effective at eliminating bugs. They work like a sentry and they have 260 degree views.

How long do these guys live for? I don't want to have a pet only for it to die on me in 2-3 years, I get attached too easily. Also, do you have to take extra care of them? Thanks

They're a bitch to own tho

Cats are very important, and purrfectly adapted to a discussion of the sciences.

Take myself. I am a rather large, big cat, a leopard (rawr) and yet I, like my smaller cousins, shall always find a way to sit in the box. Now, this action of coming to sit in a nice box takes on a mathematical character when one abstracts the process of climbing into a box itself: strictly speaking, there are infinitely many possibilities for how this action may be effected, but in general there will be (that is, I will be in) an initial position P_i of some kind, any of a number of certain intermediary Positions P_m_1, P_m_2 and so on, however they will always eventually result in the goal: the final position P_f, where I am resting comfortably in the box, all tucked up nicely. One possible schema of this state of affairs is represented by the elementarydiagram

[math]

\begin{bmatrix}

P_{i} & \rightarrow & P_{m_{1}} \\
\downarrow & \searrow & \downarrow \\
P_{m_{2}} & \rightarrow & P_{f} \\

\end{bmatrix}

[/math]

Notice now any of a number of paths may be taken, but they always end the same way: I sit nicely in the box. Although this has not been a rigorous treatment, we can at least state our theorem (or, if you like, a claim):

THEOREM 1: All cats figure out a way to sit in the box.

>come home
>sit on couch
>crush my lizard because i don't see it
well that was expensive