How would First contact go about: Between human and a alien that is able to communicate back?

How would First contact go about: Between human and a alien that is able to communicate back?

Other urls found in this thread:

theedgeofscience.com/Downloads.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ayy lmao

I wonder how they would interact with a species that only talks in meme's

You mean actually conversing between the two species? Why would that happen?

kek

>You mean actually conversing between the two species?
Yes

> Why would that happen?
desire to communicate or just to see what happens afterwords

Humans may desire that, but aliens may have incomprehensible motives and attempting to communicate with humans may be something they'd never think to do.

but isn't that what you are doing. Assume the worst and never attempt the experiment

What I'm saying is that us talking to a wall may be first contact. It may be a very profound letdown.

I'm just making a hypothetical and what will happening if the aliens were able to talk back

>assuming univeral linguistics among humans would be plausible amungst creatures not of thine realm.

If thou hast no medium of communciation, how wilst thou transcend the limitations of lacking connections?

It would have to be a retarded alien because thats the only reason they would talk to us.

Nuke them before they nuke us

Assuming a species has the capability to travel across the galaxy/universe, I'm also assuming they have the ability to very quickly translate a new language from not that long of a time observing it. They'd choose English because more people are capable of speaking it than any other language on the planet (the 18th edition of Ethnologue lists 2 billion total English speakers, be it first or second language). After that, probably .

Being able AND willing to talk back is what's important.

I assume that the other species is intrigued by the existence of life and decides to go exploring the extense mantle of the universe in search of answers? It all depends on whether they are more advanced in terms of intelligence.

Use telepathy, transcend language.
We hear you all the time.

Something like:
>Hey mistah aliane mang!
>whatchu lookung at dog?
>......
>yeah I thot so!

They will leave us alone once the civilized western society has completely been transformed.

Having fetal alcohol syndrome doesn't make you telepathic user

Take it hostage, squeeze out how much they are superior to us, force him to help us salvaging his ship, write his language down, then cut him up and find out how their body works.

Then show those ayyliums how mankind became the apex predator on earth. Protip: not by being a fucking hippie, but with deceiving and violence

Their reason for being interested in life may not be a reason you can think of nor comprehend.

There's just too much projection in this thread.

Three floaty robots will hover from the landing site somewhere in the middle of nowhere and start talking about superstring theory to earth's science representatives.

dude if they found us then they are way more intelligent. our only achievement is a walk on the moon and they presumably travelled lightyears to find us.

why wouldn't they look at us like we look at chimps and other "inferior" life forms

There's a meme in society of some kind of entrepreneurial post-capitalist industrial-scientific "productivity" thing, and they are expressing the meme because they are demi-conscious memebuoys floating on a slurry sea of currents you can only see if you zoom out
It's exhausting even trying to give an answer to this question. You need to like phenomenologically bracket every single word and write a book explaining that they aren't even people. They aren't even conscious. They aren't even having "opinions". STEM people are like robots with human skin stretched over them. To say "they are dismissive of the humanities" is implicitly to admit I think there's a "they". STEM people don't even fucking exist. They are a statistical gaseous nebula of random particles wafting across continents and periodically expressing junk they picked up along the way. Why would you even talk to them?
Talking to a STEMfag is literally like being some kind of Buddha, ascending reality, then coming back down and talking to bees who were dudes in past lives. I'm sure these bee niggas can be saved or whatever, but let's just wait until they're back in human form. Don't walk around going "BEES, STOP BUZZING, PUT DOWN THAT POLLEN, LISTEN TO ME ABOUT HOW EVERY CONCEPTUAL CATEGORY YOU HAVE FOR EVEN THINKING OF THINGS WAS SHAPED FOR YOU BY AN UNCONSCIOUS SLUDGE OF MEMETIC POLYALLOY THAT FLOWS IN PREDICTABLE CURRENTS FROM YEAR TO YEAR THROUGH THE HIVE IN WHICH YOU WERE CONCEIVED"

Given with how the universe works everything seems to have a definitive shape. So symobols to show what you are referring to seems like the best approach

Not him, but I'd presume that an interstellar species would have gone through technological development similar to how we are going through it, i.e. they didn't just suddenly get interstellar tech out of nowhere. Maybe any exploring parties would have been instructed to search for certain signs of a developing civilization which resemble that own species's very early development.

probably draw out Pythagorean theorem.

some basic trivial maths that can be expressed using universal symbols. 1 for a dot. idk

thru memes

They'll most likely observer our planet before contacting. They want to see if we're not hostile toward outsiders. Which given humanity record on migration of people. This would not turn out great. We'll have retarded people in government saying we should attack them for their tech or strike to show a position of strength. There is a reason why NASA runs SETI and most people in government are not allowed to run it. A scientist will know what to do. Someone in Washington will accidentally start the extermination of humanity. Our method of communication is very primitive. Speaking languages are primitive by nature. All these languages are very easy to decipher for an advanced alien race. Our mathematics will be the only method of communication they'll trust. Binary and some universal math talk. We're still burning fucking organic material for energy. They'll see us as fucking retarded cavemen. Which isn't that far of a stretch given most of humanity still fling shit at each other over some stupid sky fairy or skin color. So contact will be scary for most because it will show us as the lesser beings while you were taught humans are the top of the food chain. The aliens most likely will be robotic.

>hey look at what I found, Gleebarb, another sentient species
>... are they using combustible fuels? where are their fusion drives?
>they haven't even figured out how to manipulate their own genome, i bet they still get cancer and shit
>let's just leave before they notice. grab one as a souvenir
>shit, they saw us. What the hell is this? 2,3,5,7,11,13? is this supposed to impress us?

>2, 3, 5
>gleebar I think they mean jfiehfienf ,oefjoiejfiewhf,ofjofiwej,ofewfiowjnfi

Full Contact - The Secret of 1954
The UFO Contact Experience - Part 3
theedgeofscience.com/Downloads.html