Why doesn't Veeky Forums have a thread for anons to talk about the current meal they are eating...

Why doesn't Veeky Forums have a thread for anons to talk about the current meal they are eating? I saw a few threads some anons made about their dinner. I think we could clean up the catalog a bit instead of having these threads being created just to die a little after, we can create a general so that these people can post what they are currently eating/cooking and it can be any dinner since we have both Americans and Europeans. Sometimes people just want to post a pic of their food and talk with others about it.

Anyways I guess we can try starting it and see how much it lives?
/cmg/ - Current Meal General - thread 1

If this thing catches on we can change the name and stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnitzel#Worldwide_schnitzels).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Retard.

Yeah maybe it's a stupid idea but we can try, sometimes I want to see what other people are having for dinner and you always see people on social media taking pictures of their food, why can't we do that here? I also think it would be easier to find recipes if I see someone post their dinner here and it looks good I can ask him what it is and how they made it.

Anyways I'm eating these (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnitzel#Worldwide_schnitzels). They have several names, it's basically meat covered with eggs and bread crumbs and cooked either in the oven or fried, I eat this like 5 times a week

>wanting this site to be like social media in any way

I don't want this place to be like social media but this general could be useful, you don't think having all the threads that say "r8 my dinner" contained in one could be useful?

And sometimes I just want to see what the fuck someone else is eating, and some people just want to post their food on the internet

I'm having a nut brownie with milk my nigga

We have so little posting it doesn't matter.

If you want to see cook-alongs check the "fml" threads.

Plain milk? Not even chocolate milk?

yea actually I missed that thread when browsing the catalog since the current thread's op is so shitty, but it does seem that they allow people to post their meals, I guess when I see someone posting their dinner on the catalog I'll link them there

we can ignore this thread now, you already have a thread for this but it seems people are just not seeing it

Friend and I ordered an entire chicken with a mountain of fries from a Peruvian place, it was enough for 4 people but it costed only a bit more than half a chicken
It was both delicious and way more than anyone should eat before going to sleep

Plain milk

Nobody wants to post their food except for people with self depreciating humour because Veeky Forums is pretty scrutinising. Most people don't like to be made fun of, especially over something they tried hard to make.

>nobody wants to post their food
It's fun getting shit on sometimes, I like posting the movies I like on /tv/ and the music I listen to in /mu/

Not even chocolate?

Ham & cheese omlette with herbs de provence & tabasco, on toast (grilled with oil salt & pepper), along with sauteed mushrooms (salt & pepper), & a salad of ;spinach & rocket leaves, chopped tomatos, & cucumber, in a vinegret (3 spoons oil, 1 vinegar)

oh & red onion in the salad, i'd post a pic but I just came upstairs after finishing it, & don't usually take pictures of my food for instagram

roasted chicken thigh and potatoes
also green beans with a roasted garlic and dijon dressing, I just followed gordon ramsay's recipe and it was really good

excuse me, uh, bitch?

does this look like fucking facebook to you?

>people on social media taking pictures of their food, why can't we do that here?
fuck. off.

>some people just want to post their food on the internet
isn't there already instagram for crap like this? why don't you go back? this website is obviously the wrong place for you

>I missed that thread when browsing
lurk moar
>the current thread's op is so shitty
no u!
>when I see someone posting their dinner on the catalog I'll link them there
how about you just fuck off
>we can ignore this thread now
there is no 'we', faggot

how fucking new are you, just leave and never come back

Tumblreddit detected.

Good photos already in some threads. Conversations too.

Yeah fml op is one of the few posters on here who don't go into autistic fits over irrelevant bs (+cat); I have no idea what this guy is talking about.

Patti's got it covered. GTFO

Turkey ossouco with rice and sweet corn, vegan chocolate cake and a glass of whole fat milk for dessert.

>Veeky Forums - food and cooking

I will do this in a fw minutes
youtube.com/watch?v=jI9GJ8gcHjA

Had coffee and croissant + nutella on breakfast. Waiting for my sugar crash.

Forgive me Veeky Forums.

I've had three days of congee and white bread. I can now process other foods, and so in comfort I bought myself McDonald's.

>GENERAL

here i think u meant to bump this thread, gotcha cuz

Hurr durr a thread to talk about what we're eating and cooking on the food board how terrible muh chans
This is a great idea op, it could lead to good recipe discussion/sharing. Everyone hating is the cancer that likes having 15 fast food threads

Panda express. Orange chicken with fried rice.

I am having a shitty day. But it's pretty good food for campus food desu

Forgot pic

Sounds like a good meal. A lot of people would jam the veggies inside the omelette but I like the effort to make them a stand-alone side dish.

I think spinach would've made a better side personally, I'm not big into green beans, but everything looks tasty, would eat.

Serious question, not judging or anything, but what's in the vegan chocolate cake? How's the taste compare to a regular one? And why a vegan cake in the first place?

I know the shitposters hate it but can we discuss the Veeky Forums sticky (lack of)?

fuck off back to your fleabag circle jerk, retard.

Pardon the absolute amateur presentation of the dish while it cooks, this is pretty much a "throw some stuff from the fridge into the slow cooker and hope it turns out good" meal

Inside is:
>boneless country ribs (were on sale at a good price)
>baby carrots (leftover from another meal, didn't want them to go bad and i hate them raw)
>bay leaves
>little bit of red wine
>salt + pepper
>worcestershire sauce
>soy sauce
>chicken stock
>cumin
>berbere seasoning
>minced garlic
>onion powder (didn't know i didn't have onions in the house)
>bit of rosemary

I'm probably going to pair the entree with some sweet corn tossed in olive oil and pepper on the stovetop later.

That's the sort of food I like.

Mexican chicken salad for lunch.
Quite spicy.

well if there's 15 fast food threads then there should be a fast food general too

I agree.
A junk food containment thread is badly needed.