Don't have a friend with whom i can read philosophical works on the weekend like Adorno did with is pal

>don't have a friend with whom i can read philosophical works on the weekend like Adorno did with is pal

Why live?

>with whom

Is it grammatically wrong? My english sucks

"Whom" is correct, as you're using it in the object position, however correct English triggers some of our residents.

I suggest ignoring them.

Daily reminder that correct usage is defined by frequent usage by native speakers.

But the phrase 'correct usage' is frequently used to mean something else than that ...

Does anyone on here have friends who he/she does this kind of thing with? If so how do you go about meeting these people? I have no one tried to get my girl friend to read she has done 80 pages of a clockwork Orange in nearly 2 months and doesn't get any of the messages in it. I don't think it is bad I just understand that she doesn't enjoy reading so there is no point in pushing it anymore. Unless you guys think I should help her get past this struggle?

Join a book club. Maybe your local library has one.

Most people are simply unable to do serious reading due to being fully adapted to a society which propagates instantaneous and unchallenging pleasures.

Why should they spend their free time on something that is challenging and requires them to think, and also is a relatively time-consuming activity with little social significance. It's not like in the 18th century when book clubs exploded everywhere and became a big part of the entire industry. She will read a book but with whom can she talk about it? Females generally being the ''social gender'' tend to stick to popular novels that they can discuss with others.

Meaning: basically everything steers people away from not only reading but even being able to read past superficial information extraction or dwell in clichés that they are familiar with.

You can join a book club, though from my experience people there mostly try to look smart and aren't very open-minded or study something related to the arts and/or philosophy, were you may stumble upon the kind of people who are really so commited towards philosophy/literature that they dedicate their time to read something with you.

(Adorno spent every sunday working through Kants philosophy with his friend, i can't recall who it was)

probably walter benjamin

I do, but he's a pleb

>Females

to keep reading and understand why you dont have it, or why you feel like you need to.

This. My Uni has all sorts of reading groups, there are at least four or five on philosophy and political philosophy alone, both Continental and Analytic. Just search on Facebook for your local Uni and see if you can find any info.

>8217353
Thanks guys. I understand the uni/library thing I do live in a small town (about 100k) that has a pretty big uni for the entire region but I'm a bit older and don't have a degree so bit awkward I believe tohang around people 7 years younger and twice as smart.

I want a pal who's into Russian literature.

That would be me. But I can't read Russian. Interested?

>tfw I do
>tfw we go home after uni every day discussing philosophical and linguistic topics

Yeah I can't read Russian either lmao.

also I don't even know what I could add you on.

D-do you want to b-be my friend?

I almost exclusively read russian literature

excellent then you won't enjoy the smell of your own farts (In regards to bot reading in Russian).Yeah was thinking the same thing. Anyone on here know how to get into contact outside of this without posting email etc.

[email protected]

Send me something and I'll tag you both.

Still here?

man this is what the internet is all about.

too bad i'm not reading any russian lit right now

If you can't into isolation than how can you possibly know what philosophy is all about.

Yeah one guy, but since we are actually retards (specially me) we always end up drunk talking politics.
Funny thing is that we both come from pretty left-winged families but all our conversations end up in "people are fucking retarded, helicopter rides when"