My family has a chicken coop and these fuckers lay eggs really quickly...

My family has a chicken coop and these fuckers lay eggs really quickly. I can't eat scrambled eggs every day even though I love them. What are some good recipes that use a lot of eggs in them?

Pic related, one of my chickens.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_580a5aefe4b0b1bd89fdb1d0?section=us_business
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make your own eggnog.

mayo, portugese tarts, quiche etc.

Hollandaise, béarnaise, mayo and for the whites you can make meringue, mousse, macaroons

cake

Portuguesefag here, wtf is a portuguese pie?

>he doesn't know

huehuehue

>portugese tart
Pastel de nata

start fucking lifting and get fucking huuuuuuge. You will need a lot of eggs every day

So it's a Portuguese version of the British Custard tart?

really jealous here.

If you like sweet stuff see if you can find a recipe for salzburger nockerl or schneenockerl, both need a fuckton of eggs. I can also translate you a recipe if you only find german ones

Those are some beautiful chickens.

Castella

Yes and they're upwards $4 each for one with a 3cm diameter. Why?

Egg whites go into cocktails

Egg yolks go into the breading of anything you want to deep-fry, and I also like to throw them into a milkshake for a quick protein boost.

Devilled eggs, egg drop soup, fritatta, egg salad sandwiches, potato salad with egg, Spanish omelet, custard pie, pudding.

>Yes and they're upwards $4 each for one with a 3cm diameter. Why?
Tescos in Britain do 4 custard tarts for £1.

I guess you could pay more for super-duper ones, with saffron or something.

I made an almond sponge cake filled with pastry cream and berries, frosted with Italian buttercream. It ended up being almost 3 dozen eggs for a 4 layer cake.

Or have an eggs benedict party if you don't like to bake

A big batch of pickled eggs

In portugal they are under 1 euro a piece, even the tourist trap belem ones are like 2 euro

Although There similarities, it seems the Portuguese version uses puff pastry and is dusted with cinnamon and the British version uses shortcrust pastry and dusted with nutmeg.

Lol. OP looks like some fag.

Lurk moar, newfag.

Kys

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try quiche , hollandaise, and eggnog first. If this thread is still up at that point I'll post pics.

How bout eggos?

any baked good. madeleines for example. bake cookies and sell them

this

>frosted with Italian buttercream
the first thing that came to my mind was pic related

just kill two birds with one stone literally and eat some of the chickens, wala.

>I cant eat eggs every day
Well why not

>I can't eat scrambled eggs every day even though I love them. What are some good recipes that use a lot of eggs in them?

I like scrambled eggs. You should try them.

Make a pavlova, uses lots of egg whites. Then use egg yolks for tiramisu.

Where do I get a blue chicken? I want one for a pet

Good idea.

I like variety.

Brownie use 4-6 eggs, as do pound cakes.

Meringues, quiche, yorkshire puddings, you name it, man.

i like your buff orpingtons op.

very nice.

>inb4 op gets doxxed out of a chicken's eyeball reflection

Crack those sons of bitches into homemade ramen

>A big batch of pickled eggs
This.

Also, sell them to co-workers. WE have a guy in our office who brings in three dozen every other week and sells for four dollars a dozen.

Why not sell them?

Or make cakes from them which you can sell?

Make money nigger

Lemon curd, deviled eggs. Chopped boiled egg on salads, carbonara sauce. Frittata.

We have the technology.
t.NSA

Give extra to friends and family.

>$.33/egg
nigga who is buying these?

>friends
>family
You know where you are, right?

Crème brûlée or any sort of baked custard.

Made some egg nog.
6 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg and ground clove mix
1 shot of cognac
2 cups milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar

Didn't temper the eggs, just kept the mix together in a saucepan until it thickened. It's super delicious.

ahahaha look at that loser

I love you guys.

i live in a suburban neighborhood..would it be too rude to get a chicken coop in the backyard? are they annoying as fuck with the noise?

Only if you get a rooster. We have 11 chickens and they only get noisy if you approach them with a bag of food.

Some varieties are but many are rather quiet, if you have a bunch of traffic and such it might stress them out though. Also get lengths of pipe and drive them into the ground after making a very sturdy fence if you have a racoon, possum, fox or coyote problem. Also make sure to keep the place clean and clean up cracked or dropped eggs ASAP, rats have been known to be a problem and do horrible things to chickens to get at eggs once they know it's there and you don't have enough to gang up on them.

Roosters will crow though so you might not want one.

Roosters crow in the mornings. These are also known as cunts.
Hens will lay eggs but sing an eggsong which is a prolonged squarking. If one chicken hears it, they will no doubt copy it. I have 8 and usually have 5 or so eggsongs a day.

Keep it in mind.

How often does this happen in your chicken farm?

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_580a5aefe4b0b1bd89fdb1d0?section=us_business

>The cloaca of a hen (equivalent to a human vagina) is targeted because it is soft, fleshy, and covered with egg fluids. Driven insane by crowding, the birds attack this weak point, pulling out internal organs in the process. The victims of such attacks die, piece by piece.

How many chickens do you have for them to produce more eggs than you can eat?

I eat 2 eggs every day, wish I had some chickens.

My family had a chicken farm when i was a kid and i've never seen that happen. Never.

>2 eggs every day

If you had 3 chickens you'd be rollin' in eggs.

>ZOOM IN
>ENHANCE
>ZOOM IN
>ENHANCE
>DE-PIXELATE
>MIRROR
>DE-PIXELATE
>theres his address, name and SS number, lets go boys

Assholes

Egg foo yung is pretty good and it uses up a shitton of eggs

A quindim uses roughly a dozen yolks.

It's really simple to make and only uses a few other ingredients, like sugar, coconut milk and some grated coconut, plus it's delicious!

You could use the whites to bulk or make 'suspiros'

If no one hasn't mentioned it, cured egg yolks are amazing. Grate over pasta with a touch of butter, fresh pepper and a nutty cheese if you want it a little on the rich side. Personally I keep a couple on hand and have it over arugala salads, with tomatoes, cuckes, some red onions, again pepper and a touch of olive oil.

Crepes Benedict. Put two poached eggs on a crepe, pour a little hollandaise on, sprinkle with sliced scallions, roll it up, more hollandaise on top, dash of paprika and more scallions. Everything in here is eggs. Very rich, very tasty.

>The cloaca of a hen (equivalent to a human vagina)

Whoever wrote this must have failed biology

In Lisbon they're like 1 Euro each. Went there last month ad everyone told me "YOU GOTTA TRY THE PASTEL DE NATA MY DUDE, I HAD LIKE 10 A DAY WHEN I WAS THERE". I had one and I was pretty underwhelmed, it was basically the same as a British Custard tart just with flaky pastry instead of short. I mean they were ok but nothing to write home about.

Tie your goddamn shoes son.

lol nobody here knows about food, retard

Zucchini slice

OP absolutely bfto

this is beyond recovery you have been chicken eyed

>soft boil then then soak in soy sauce and tamarind
>pickle them
>whites +sugar +whipping = meringue or marsh mallow
>make custards
>separate the yolks then cover in a lot of salt and let them sit for a month to cure them. shave on top of other things to use. Salads, Pasta etc
just some weird things to try if you have a lot

Cook them in urine collected from small boys. Its a delicacy

china pls go

I... what?

So, you just put the yolks in salt and wait for nature to take its time?

I've read of this, but haven't done it yet. How long do these things last, and how do you store 'em?

Angel/devil's food cakes my man.

I used to live with a family that had hens and them shits were about as free range as you can get. The mom of the house would just give me free eggs & cook family breakfasts & make baked goods with those eggs.

You bet your ass I'd pay $4/dozen for those eggs again. Then again, something beautiful happens when the food you eat is eating what it is supposed to eat. If you have never eaten eggs from a chicken that spends its time wandering around eating bugs & grubs & scraps & whatnots... Well, I guess that price does seem kinda ridiculous - when compared to the garbage eggs you get at $1.65/dozen at the chain mart down the street...

If you're in the suburbs check your ordinances, you dip. It's probably illegal; & your closer neighbors will find out about it & soon - chickens aren't exactly something you can kept hidden in your basement.

I've lived in quite a few locations I was surprised to learn the property was not designated to have yardbirds. And: most of those places I would not call "suburban".

My advice would be to consider the costs of building the coop, buying the chickens, the feed, doing ALL the maintence work, your responsibility to get up every morning to check on them, let them out, get eggs... Then do the same shit after work. Every day. You live in the burbs so this is technically illegal so you can't exactly hire a contractor for this fun little project...

And if you DO get caught all this work is down the drain. Plus all your money invested. Plus you'll probably be fined.

My advice: you want to play farmer man? Go find a farm outside of town and volunteer on the weekends for some free eggs & veggies & bullshit. Don't try to bring chickens to the suburbs...

Sell them, fool. They'll go fast. If not, pasta and angel food cake at the same time, then freeze. Custards and meringues. Freeze egg whites and yolks in containers separately.

I'm not even allowed to build a shed for my lawnmower in the neighborhood I live in, let alone a chicken coop. If you are allowed to raise chickens where you live I would go for it