Professional Philosopher tries to use his 50 years of experience in Hegelian Dialectics to outwit a commoner in the...

>Professional Philosopher tries to use his 50 years of experience in Hegelian Dialectics to outwit a commoner in the real world

I think that's football (or soccer if that word triggers you), mate.

>>Professional Philosopher tries to use his 50 years of experience in Hegelian Dialectics to outwit a commoner in the real world

the fact that you think philosophy's use is to 'outwit' randoms on the street is telling of how much you understand what philosophy is and is used for.

Fucking judges, helped Portugal win. They should have had at least 3-4 yellow cards, but, they've got more money so they needed to win.

>t. tsu

Gotta keep pepe in the tournament.

I've been reading the pre-socratics, how can I use this to outwit members of the public?

If you work as a waiter and someone orders water bring them any arbitrary object.

if you sill have to ask you have done nothing

Top kek. Why not set them on fire while shouting Panta Reeeeeeei ?

Have you actually tried setting someone on fire? It's too much of a hassle.

>not accepting that air is the universal matter

purposefully play the curmudgeon. always take the opposite side of the arguement
slippery slope is a pretty easy one to use on normies what with them fearing the future and all

also ask them to put their argument in syllogistic format
then go from there pretty much.
or tell them how everything is really fire becuase you are burning them so badly with those sick dialectic bantz.

>pre-socratic
>syllogistic
>dialectic

its all fire brah

Would you rather see actual football in the finals or 11 fags whose main preoccupation on the field is their hair?

Butthurt croat detected

modern philosophy is used for nothing consequence. no practival discoveries have been made from it, no insights into the nature of the universe or the human mind have been made because of it (factually correct ones, I mean. of course there's tons of pseudointellectual conjecture being produced on a daily basis).

modern philosophical discussion and academic research is used entirely to further its own meaningless existence. philosophy really is the go to subject to study if you want to feel much smarter than you really are, and that's also what it's mostly used for on a practical level.

you can try to prove me wrong but you shouldnt, it would undoubtedly be a giant waste of time on your part.

>not apeiron

I am disappoint, Veeky Forums

>factually correct

ITT: butthurt STEM fags

yes, super butthurt about having an actual use in the real world, being able to make lots of money using knowledge that actually makes me understand the universe better.

if it makes you feel better, image us as butthurt. what it really is is just us making fun of you at every possible situation, you and social studies

>tfw STEM fags can't even conceive of their work being an end unto itself

"B-but muh hard materialism, muh utilitarian meritocracy"

If your life's passion is to serve as a middle man for somebody else's passion (or wallet more likely) then Godspeed user.

STEM fags are just tools that business fags use, the propaganda surrounding scientism and STEM superiority is second to none these days, people are actually convinced that slaving through eight years of a degree they hate will win them respect or immediately make their lives happy. Make 250k a year, all it costs is a lifetime of eudaemonia and fulfillment!

The "TE" part is for the technocratic utopia, the "SM" part is patrician tier

Modern philosophy is for masturbatory plebs and advice columnists for the NYtimes

ding, ding, ding!

underrated post

>no counterarguments

Hey OP, count down to 7

Dat ass doe.