Professor is late for class

>Professor is late for class

I had a professor that was over half an hour late to the final once.

i had one who completely skipped a midterm

My last chem professor was exactly seven minutes late to every single lecture of the term. Exactly seven.

> Professor is late for class
Every passing minute is an hour in heaven

>professor is not late for class
It would honestly be a surprise

tell me where you go to school so i can remind myself never to go there

>professor goes over time
>every time

>Professor is late for class
Bad thing. When there is no professor in a room, I do not have a fixed point to look at, so my anxiety and social phobia kicks in.

yeah this is how it usually works
>oh, you have lives with schedules and such? here, let me add some arbitrary workload while i am at it.

If you have something to do that's more important than the class, leave

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

What about another class?

>have class with professor that closes the door the minute class starts
>class is after a professor that goes over time at the end of class to discuss important dates

You're an adult; you're allowed to get up and walk out at any point in time.

>tfw professor makes eye contact and I'm just like

This semester my professor completely missed the first class. Granted, he's an adjunct professor. He was on the ball rest of the semester after apologizing.

I've had worse. Like two professors overseeing a junior projects course up and quitting their jobs after mid-terms to go work at microsoft.

That was a clusterfuck.

>quitting their jobs after mid-terms to go work at microsoft.
Nigger where are you going to college that this happens? kek

>professor is sick and sent out an email
>nobody checks their email and everyone was in class for 20 minutes before someone though to check their mail
>top school in the state

>Professor doesnt come to class because her train is stuck.

>Professor is 20 mins early and just sits and watches the students.

>Professor suddenly goes on a tangent for 15 mins about how the university center for learning is disliked because they take funds away from the Professors.

>Asks Professor a question and he starts a 20 minute monologue about the foundation and philosophy of science.

>Professor starts talking politics in a math class

>professor notices that almost half the class has stopped attending, and sends out a passive aggressive email reminding them that attendance is technically compulsory
>doesn't show up the next day

To be fair they allowed the students to retake the class for free the next semester as compensation. Also, the old department head was away helping the school open a new building in singapore, so a lot of bullshit ended up happening behind his back, or well out of his reach. He's back now, and the program's in far better shape because of it.

Do you go to UW?

>allowed the students to retake the class for free the next semester as compensation
>for free

God I feel bad for you Americans.
Nice to hear that the program is well-ordered again however.

>professor asks the class question
>no one answers
>40 seconds of awkward silence

Do you think this is exclusive to your school?

Ole Miss, I presume?

>professor spends half the lesson talking about his holiday trips

>professor starts talking about politics in a plant class
>the entire final is composed of questions about why conservatives are always right

I thought I was in the botany department...

>professor makes a huge mistake and nobody notices

>professor is sick constantly
>doesn't send out an email or tell TA's
>its an 8:30 am class

Man I fucking hated that physics class

>professor dresses as santa on last day of fall term

>professor makes a huge mistake and EVERYBODY notices
>no one corrects him
>he finally notices
>gets mad at the class

evvery time

>professor makes a small mistake
>someone notices
>the professor then give a 20 minute story about how no matter if you have your phd or no degree you can make mistakes

>instead of final revision class professor makes students come out (class of 200+) to act a pantomime about quantum mechanics

Mine just canceled a final because he wanted to go on vacation early.

>Professor attempts to make a funny joke

>Never pay attention in class
>Have A because I just cram with various materials
>Every week or so professor misses a class, tells in person beforehand and doesn't email us
>End up driving to my school for nothing each time because I didn't hear it

I had a teacher in high school who missed a class every other week. Instead of actually teaching us anything, he made our sub show us home videos of him [the teacher] scuba diving every time.

>professor makes a funny joke
>only the bright few understand

>professor makes a /pol/ joke
>in a prominently lefty school

weeeeeeeeeeeeew

Everybody understood it you brainlet.

>"I know that user knows the answer"
>everybody looks at you

unlike you i have friends and they didnt understand, nor the people in the back and front of me who did happen to comment on not understand what he said

>you actually do know the answer this time
>everyone is mad at you for showing off

>that one kid who constantly needs to show the CS class (during class) that he's been doing projects on github in 28 differently languages since he was 11

>tfw this happened
>I would answer once or twice to be nice and not leave her hanging
>one day it happens after I answer two or three times and the other 5 questions she asked went unanswered
>she goes apeshit and yells at us about why the hell are we here if we don't give a shit and how is she supposed to teach us when she doesn't know if we're learning or not
>walks out

;_;

>that kids who shows his grades in the facebook

>the people that never answer the professor's questions and get mad when someone else does

Why are these people even in university.
Sometimes I wish I had the power to deport these people to the social studies department.

try this on
>professor is german
>starts exactly at 09:00
>proceeds non-stop like a robot to talk in indepth mechanical details about complicated topics, with a formal and logical approach, breaking down information as you would on a paper, not a lecture
>doesnt throw in even one joke
>completes exactly at the 0:55 minute mark
>everyone is way too fatigued from the rigidity of the talk

this was like my bacterial pathogenesis professor, except he joked a lot

the man must have spoken 200 words a minute for 50 minutes

Halfway through second year, and have never witnessed this type of anger in a college setting.

hey it could've been worse, you could've been the only one suddenly laughing out loud

>psychology lecture on social psychology
>suddenly topic changes to racism
>professor for some reason has a slide of mario baliotelli
>slide reads "mario baliotelli has had bananas thrown out him while being an italy football player"
>have to use all of my might to keep from bursting out laughing

one professor failed an entire course for "late homework" on a date he assigned to us because he thought students would do some early and not all turn it in right before christmas, as he wanted to go on a vacation

>professor laughs at his own joke during his lecture
>nobody else laughs

that day I decided he would be my supervisor for my thesis

>professor is Chinese

And that's how we know you don't have an education beyond highschool.

>leave class while new info is being discussed

no thanks

>Time for students to register their classes for the next semester
>From the overload the university's server crashes

This shit would be normal if it wasn't a university. These places are supposed to have fucking CS and Technology departments that study these topics academically. Supposedly the best of the best.

You are telling me that all these PhDs cannot for the life of them build a site strong enough to support all of their students at once using it?

I mean, I always knew CS people were retarded but not at this level.

>professors overseeing a junior projects
>course up and quitting their jobs after
>mid-terms to go work at microsoft.
Let me guess, "Right To Work" state?

>professor cant speak english

>professor has "cynical" humor
End this academic meme already.

>professor has online notes
>it devolves into cantonese part way through
HUH

bot?

>professor leaves 10 minutes earlier
>professor can't into [math]\LaTeX[/math]
>professor can't be bothered to use school intranet
>professor mocks other nationalities

fucking this, it always boggles my mind

>professor puts TA with illegible handwriting and indecipherable accent in charge

2 Kings 2:23-25

>Elisha Is Jeered
>23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

professor is a madman

It's almost as if these researchers already have a full-time job or something. Weird.

mfw Israelites supposedly used to kill philistines with a clear conscience.

I had a professor that would sexually abuse me after class.
Ha! Top that!

really makes you think

>mfw the mathematics professor was an eccentric ENTP
>mfw they were the best lectures of my life

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My english professor had a special needs son who started having medical and behavior problems spike back at home. He was so busy dealing with him that he skipped over our last few big assignments and basically handed out A's.

Helped me tons for when I transferred. I hope that tard kid is okay, he really hooked it up.

>professor talks about his problems at home

My professor from my mythology class was actually studying for her oral defense of her doctoral thesis, so she literally handed out As. Her area of research had something to do with memes used in politocal propoganda (not internet memes).

your autism is showing

>thermodynamics class
>talks about skii trail difficulty, japanese culture and tennis

I love your teacher

"teacher"

may as well have a robot read off a book

>Professor spends 10-15 minutes out of most lectures telling silly physics history stories, like the one about Dirac's negative fish riddle, then acts surprised when we're falling behind 8 weeks into the semester

I had an organic chem professor who only held five classes over the semester
>was pregnant
>broke leg
>gave birth

Women
not even once

>thermodynamics course
>professor uses the same v for velocity, specific volume and volume

>fluid mechanics course
>professor writes a lowercase p for pressure and density

>professor drops a lure during the lecture

Bjork was so hot when she was young.

>prof is 20min late
>more than half the class left after 15min
>gives us a hard time for not telling people to stay

I have to take dynamics, fluids, Cad and fluids lab in one semester, do you think thats too much? Ive heard fluids is the toughest class an engineering undergrad can take.

>then you're asked to give class notes to the people who left

No, I'm in all of those except for CAD right now, and CAD is babby-tier easy.

kek, edgy

Feel bad that people feel the need to do this but there is a reason.

For example, say one thing on Veeky Forums that either is wrong or not funny and the thread turns into who can insult you the best.

I guess it's different on Veeky Forums though, because you realize that the people being immature are either 16 or 30 working a min wage job

>yes im projecting you aggressive edgelords

Some people don't appreciate wit as much as others. They understand it, it's just not entertaining to them.

Bo Burnham is clever with his word play, but most of the people ive watched him with only laugh at his jokes related to sex. hur dur "adult humor"

One of the professors on my colleague's PhD defense was 45 minutes late to the presentation so she had to explain it again to him.

>leaving in the first 15 minutes
No one to blame but yourselves

LaTeX

Nothing worse than childish vulgar fart-joke bullshit disguised as comedy for adults.

was she a tiny asian lady, because I think I had that professor last semester.

>professor misses a class
>doesn't send an email
>tapes a single handwritten note on the door of a 200 seat lecture hall instead

I've noticed a lot of biology professors tend to be rather conservative, I suspect they have more exposure to the incompetence of government when you watch them try to manage wildlife.

One of my professors, spent a strange amount of time explaining how a good lesson to take away from global warming, was to never distort or misrepresent your data. He was almost 80 at the time and had been through the global cooling phase in the 1970's, he related a lot of the hysteria then is the same as the hysteria now, but back then no one was promising to make it go away if you handed them enough money.

We call those professors "Gilbert Strang"