I love physics but I will never be able to study it at a university. I just don't have what it takes

I love physics but I will never be able to study it at a university. I just don't have what it takes.

Feels bad man. Nothing else seems even worth studying.

>I love physics
So study it you little shit

With my IQ I won't get far, even though autism is boosting me.

Veeky Forums, teach me everything about physics.

It's boring and the most normie science in history.

What do you want to know?

Ask a specific question.

What is electricity?

All that electric charge/current/susceptibility stuff is so mystical I have no idea.
I don't understand the simplest thing about electricity.

This isn't an IQ thing. Do you realize how many dumb as shit people make it through university?

This is a dedication and discipline thing. You're not stupid, its not that your "IQ" won't get you very far, its that you're lazy.

The only way to fight laziness is to fucking work.

So, go on youtube and watch "Crash Course Physics" or read an introductory textbook or something until you know more than 90% of the people who ace a Physics 101 class.

Or don't, and continue to think you "don't have what it takes."

Whichever helps you sleep better.

>Do you realize how many dumb as shit people make it through university?

Not really, I've always thought everyone in a university is a genius.

Kinda sad if universities are places for dumb people these days.

My gf and I are both math majors. I am a lot smarter than her desu. She asked me yesterday how many times 12 goes into 85. The math program at my university is top 25. The point is that you can make it through tough majors without being very smart. She had to work 3x harder than I did, but she did it.

>Still works with plebeian numbers
>not working exclusively in categories
Why even pretend you're good at math?

>She asked me yesterday how many times 12 goes into 85.

I instinctively replied to myself "6" and my IQ is below average.The only subject I've ever struggled with is math, because it's impossible to understand unlike social studies and other shit that makes sense.
What the hell man?

The kind of thinking required to compute numbers is VERY different from the mind of thinking to form complex, logically rigorous arguments. Which is what math is past calculus stage

>thinks 12 goes into 85 six times
>seems genuinely proud of this answer
>browses Veeky Forums board

I love the 21st century.

I think the best IQ test in the world is asking one his opinion about pedophilia.

If they get triggered into rage immediately, you know their IQ is below 110.

To be fair computing numbers like that is the job for a computer. You'll get these top professors in T-14 schools doing the same thing as your gf. But 12x7=84.

What is high level math all about? Please tell me, I never even passed my calculus so I wouldn't know what's beyond.

Is it like philosophy and shit?
Gimme an example. Test my brane.

Google Knot theory.

Feynman did it, and he wasn't as smart as the smartest physicists

You should burn your autism as fuel and use it propel you to victory

>Knot theory

Seems like autistic and useless bullshit to me, bro.
The philosophy of theoretical knots?? Are u fuckin kidding me? I thought math was cool.

Look at the proof of the Fundamental Isomorphism Theorem of Groups

>I thought math was cool
Don't be retarded.

Knot theory is a bad example

Google the Madsen-Weiss theorem. It's about using the rational homology of a Thom spectrum to help you compute the rational homology of mapping class groups. It verifies a conjecture by Mumford about the stable cohomology of these groups, which tells you about characteristic classes of surface bundles.

>top 25

Wow dude sick program lmfao

Depends on what exactly you mean by "cool," daddy-o.

get your sick pedophile opinions out of Veeky Forums

this really resonated with me, ive got a friend like this

little grils are qt
my IQ is 108 btw

>You should burn your autism as fuel and use it propel you to victory
Clearly you still have too much of the fuel left.

I studied physics. I have an IQ of 119 and ADD (medicated). I was able graduate with a overall 3.08 GPA and a higher major GPA. The original plan was to study physics for 3 years at university A and then study engineering for 2 years at university B, but university B changed how they admitted students the year I applied. Before my class there was 100% acceptance rate. That year no one who applied from our department got in. That's why I finished with my physics degree without engineering.

I didn't think I could finish grad school though so I tried applying to University C's undergrad engineering program. The problem was I took community college courses after graduating and the autists in the undergrad offices wouldn't acccept me because my COMMUNITY COLLEGE GPA was too low. They didn't even look at my degree. So I went that very week to the head of the electrical engineering grad department and he said "yeah, of course we'll accept you". So I became an EE grad student.

Problem was I was right, I can't hack grad school. I have prioritization issues and really need the rigidity of an undergrad curriculum to keep me on task. Now I'm looking for an engineering job without an engineering degree.

So yeah, two big setbacks I couldn't adapt too. Hope that data point helps your decision.

hey nigger knot theory is one of the few interesting subject in advanced math cause at least it has a direct application irl

nice one himabro