Medical students here can help me

Last night, I fell trying to walk to my steps in the dark and I basically hit myself in the brow/forehead in pic related. I don't have a concussion. My pupils weren't looking weird, it was bloody, ran down my nose a bit, but after pressing it down with a soapy wash cloth, it stopped 95% of the bleeding. It was a bit swollen and purple last night, and still today it is a tad swollen and I'll put ice on it now.

imgur.com/a/4ceC9
three pictures showing the cut

Do I have any cause for concern? Is this one of those deals where you hit your head and get a stroke one year later out of nowhere because of bleeding in your skull or something, or is this just a cut that I can put neosporin on and cover with a bandaid with some ice on it?

I don't have any weird head aches. I don't feel mentally off. I have anxiety over the possibility that something could have been affected, but nothing like memory loss or anything like that.

I'm just paranoid about anything related to head injuries. Am I going to be okay?

You are fine op, its just a scar.
you should have been worried if there was no blood.
btw

vinesauce joel
that you?

Medicine isn't science

I have aspergers, so I get very bad anxiety over things like this. You really think it will just scar over and that will be the end of it? I'm putting an ice pack on it right now for the swelling that came back since I stopped.

I think you should be fine, OP. Internal bleeding happens where there is NO blood coming out of your head.
If you still have a concern, go to a hospital.
Worrying yourself over it will make it ache more.
Try solving logic riddles, or if thats too boring and barebones, play games that have logic problems in it such as Professor Layton and a Ace Attorney.

>Internal bleeding happens where there is NO blood coming out of your head.
couldn't there be both though or is that like really rare and ridiculous?

>Try solving logic riddles
>I have aspergers

Fucking kek

Havent seen a lot cases like that, thats why i advised you to go to a hospital.
I mean, i even had to do first aid to an old man who fell down back on his head, geezer was 75 or something. the cut was big, he got a few stitches and the man was just fine.

Thats why i gave a second option of logic vidya.

Things to worry about: losing consciousness, have a progressively worsening headache, any weakness in the body, any numbness or tingling, any blurred vision/changed vision.

From the looks in your pic its pretty superficial cut. Just keep it clean and it will heal up on its own. Youll have a scar though.

t. medfag

>losing conciousness
dont scare him user
it is just a scar that will heal over time

it has definitely bruised and swollen a bit. putting ice on it seems to help.

yeah that was my advice too
but losing conciousness sounds like the webmd kind of fake scare
>so my leg has swollen a bit
>cancer

Are you a medical student because while I'm only pre med that makes zero sense that just because a fall caused a laceration that means that there couldn't be internal bleeding especially of the brain like a subdural hematoma. The two do not have to be interconnected at all.

That being said op most likely does not have to worry about such a case from a small little fall like that but your logic I find questionable.

what's your name boy?

If OP had something like that, it would be pretty obvious. This shit doesn't just happen out of nowhere like all of those stories like to portray. You'll have clear fluids coming out of your ears and nose, obvious dizziness and nausea, most likely a concussion. These things don't linger around. Blunt trauma from conking your head onto the corner of a wall, really, according to the pictures, don't suggest that it was anything that was going to defeat the frontal bone of your skull. People fucking headbutt each other and get punched in the face and don't have strokes. OP having a little gash on his forehead really isn't a big deal.

Basically OP, if you ended up dying from this, you'd be an extremely unlucky person. It's not like you were hit by a baseball bat or a lacrosse ball to the side of your skull or something, where there actually would be a chance of something like that happening.

Almost all cases of dying of subdural hematoma are serious blunt trauma, not cuts and gashes. It's almost laughable to think that cut, even if it bled down to his nose and is a bit swollen(both totally normal, actually a good sign) would lead OP to death of stroke.

For fucks sake, it was just a weird fall and he cut his forehead at an angle on the side of a wall, nothing to worry about. It will leave a scar, yeah, but just do some skin-care routine and it will go away. no problems OP.

Get a prescription for xanax, by the way. It's a godsend for people who suffer from anxiety, like autistic people.

Thanks for the explanation. One thing I haven't really been able to find is what is the more common internal bleeding disorder from blunt trauma in terms of things like subdural hematomas and epidural hematomas. As in which are you more likely to see and do they present any obvious different symptoms besides through imaging? Do you know or know where I could read up on the subject?

in general (not OPs case) if you fall/do anything and hit your head hard enough to black out thats bad and should be evaluated by a medical professional.

kys

what the fuck are you even trying to say

People that generally develop brain bleeds from a fall from standing height are the elderly, alcoholics and those on blood thinners. If OP came into my ED unconscious and unable to tell me what happened, a small overlying lac on the scalp is a clue that OP fell and hit his head and there may internal injury.

If OP was 75, a drinker, and on pradaxa (a pt I had not too long ago) and fell then I would be much more concerned, and would go ahead get some head imaging to rule out a bleed. That same patient became super delirious and tried to eat my hand because he thought it was a peach.

I'm 5'10, pretty skinny NEET, 21 years old.

As I stated in my pist I was not referring to op and in his case but rather the fact you seemed to suggest that patients overall tend to not have internal bleeding if they also have external bleeding.

It's typically the case because you need to have been hit with some serious blunt force trauma, which typically don't leave external bleeding.

Really? Ok I was just wanting to make sure.

getting hit from the side is what can cause that. front hit is literally no issue. don't worry OP. that shit happens because your brain creates tears as as a result of being hit with such force, and shit starts to bleed out. if you had a fracture or tears, you'd know. That scene in the sopranos where they hit that guy in the back of the head with a brick and he fell on the ground and had a seizure or whatever, that's what that is. the other one is just the tears, and you didn't get hit by something serious from the side of your head, so who gives a shit. Lets get real OP, you can headbutt someone in their own fucking head and it's not a big deal. Think of it as the equivalent to what you just did. You're fine man.

but op didnt black out and i advised him to go to a hospital