Why is he so obsessed with phones?

Why is he so obsessed with phones?

He wasn't spooked

I don't know, or care. I made one promise to myself when I started reading seriously, and it's that I would never read this edgy fucking garbage.

the obvious. he's trying to communicate with someone.

It actually mocks edginess desu

It's actually a fantastic book. You're missing out. It's the edgy people who dislike it.

he raped his sister, Phoene.

I read the book and I knew the meme, but where does this happen supposedly?

>supposedly

Where though?

What book is this? Not everybody knows what book you are talking about with just a single picture.

Wait, who was phone?

He rapes her at the park, in front of the ducks. That's why he is always asking where the ducks go in the winter, he doesn't want any witnesses

Are you a teenager or something?

lel
How creative.

bretty ironic that you sound just like him

t. Holden Caulfield

I don't think it mocks it.

It just makes the point that edgy people use it to hide that they're inconsistent and afraid of themselves.

Yeah you're right, I misexpressed myself. Like you said, it unmasks it.

The catcher in the rye

holden was a timetravelling millenial desu

>I don't have to read a book to know it's shit, why it's shit and what books are better, I'll just take everyone's word for it.
I hate people like you so fucking much.

Its mocking you right now without you even realizing it.

Mostly because its a form of communication that doesn't require the immediate presence of another person therefore absolving him of certain anxieties.

I just thought that he used them so often because my goddam modern mind was not used to being so disconnected from the world all the time, if you want to know the truth.

I kind of agree with you but come on.