Alien protagonist

I'm looking for a protagonist who is actually alienated from humanity and not just a disturbed human like in pic related.

make it about an AI that was put into a human body and dropped into a city with nothing.

Steppenwolf?

Old Axolotl by Dukaj (polish sci-fi writer)

Not looking for science fiction, sorry.

I have this on my reading list, guess I'll move it up. Thanks.

The protagonist in Steppenwolf is definitely disturbed.

How about The Stranger? The protag isn't really disturbed, just super bored.

Or pretty much anything by Bukowski.

Anything by D.F. Wallace

Vitangelo Moscarda

>The Stranger
This is in part what I was thinking of when I created this thread. He isn't nearly a Stranger enough for me. Sure he's different from most people, but he has no issues interacting with them. There's a certain distance that I'm looking for that's missing from The Stranger.

Try Metamorphosis?

idk if this is a joke but i laughed

Veeky Forums is the only place I know where people frequently complain that Yozo had it good

Notes from underground

You can take a walk at /r9k/ and portrait their dialogues.

I'm serious

My diary desu I'm sorry not sorry, sempai~

Notes from Underground is probably your best bet

I'm not saying Yozo had it good, his problems are just on a different level to the ones I'm interested in.
I don't think "No Longer Human" is a fitting description of Yozo's conditions though.

I've read it. I guess it sort of goes in the right direction, with the story with the policeman and so on, the story with the prostitute kind of ruins it though. He doesn't live in great enough (figurative) distance to the rest of humanity.

a rebours?

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Wittgenstein's Mistress
Michel from The Elementary Particles

>Boborikine is now my favourite name