120g white onion
110g zucchini
130g potato
110g Korean radish

160g pork belly

Why won't my pictures rotate

Here is cut vegetable

Fry pork until crispy

Add radish first, it takes longest. Then potato, then zucchini and onion.

Stir fry for 3-5 minutes until potato is a little translucent.

It's looking good, I am really enjoying this

Push aside vegetables from the middle and add two tablespoons of vegetable oil, the 1/4 to 1/3 cup of fermented black bean paste. Stir fry bean paste for 1 minute then mix with vegetables. Add two cups of water and cover over medium heat for ten minutes.

I don't have a lid, this is as close as I have

Forgot picture

Keep it up OP we're lurking

Picture of black bean paste

After ten minutes mix 2 tbls of potato starch with one tsp sugar and 1/4 water to thicken the sauce. I only used half and it got thick enough.

Also add one teaspoon of sesame oil and take off the heat

Boil noodles, six minutes. These were frozen but I thawed them out last night

Noodles are ready

Looks spooky but tastes lovely.

is that udon?

Here is package

that is an interesting dish, never heard of it before. also never heard of frozen noodles. thank you for the thread!

Nice thread OP. Always good to see some oc.

Somewhat unrelated, but why do koreans call so many ingredients "korean [insert vegetable/fruit]"? Korea's too small to be the only ones growing/using the ingredients, and with chinese and japanese, it's usually a transliteration like bok choy or daikon. Why don't the koreans? It seems unnecessarily nationalistic.

I think it has something to do with expected quality

I'll be back next week with 치즈불닭

Where can I buy the noodles? I'm in USA

I buy mine at a Korean grocery store. If you have a H Mart nearby, definitely there. Possibly other Asian grocery stores. They are similar to udon noodles, which might be easier to find, but a bit thinner. The taste is the same to me.

Nice jajangmyeon, OP. I made some miyeok guk yesterday but now I want jajangbap.

I will try H Mart, thanks.

Jjajangbap is what I'm making with the leftover sauce. I'll be eating this for the next four days, I think

looks great, op

jjajangmyeon is my shit

Omg i love it! I tried to make it once but it wasn't very good. It was a bit sweet and starchy, unflavoured. I will make it again soon

oh shit. Is that brown noodles? Fuck me I love those things.

맛있겠다.

사실은 한국음식을 먹어본적 없어...

you think a white radish will get similar results or does it have to be a korean radiah

Daikon and the tiny red ones might be too spicy. Korean radish is kind of sweet.

Cabbage gives a nice flavor and crunch too though. I've had jjajangmyeon with cabbage instead of radish

Stir frying the black bean paste is a very important step, without it you will get bland sauce

White/Western people haven't 'named' a lot of asian vegetables yet, so as non-native speakers they can either call them by their transliterated korean name, which isn't very helpful, or just say korean 'radish' or 'cucumber', which is only slightly more helpful.

To make this worse there is a wide range of differences in plants, from small differences in cultivars to subspecies and such. Just think of how many fucking types of basil there are, and now try and describe them with a very limited knowledge of English. The best/easiest way is to just say _nationality_ _plant_.

did you check with the 7 goddesses about this?!

korean technology