What is consciousness?

What is consciousness?

In each 7 years all atoms of our bodies changes completely. There is not a single atom in commom in your body today as in 7 years ago. So are you a different person? The kid died? If consciousness is just chemical reactions, how can it be constant if the atoms were changed?

If something clones every single atom of you and paste it by your side, the clone will be you? Will you feel his existance, too? Both of "you" will feel each other existance?

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/33179-does-human-body-replace-cells-seven-years.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8
youtu.be/wfYbgdo8e-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your brain cells don't regrow, and they don't get replaced

>If something clones every single atom of you and paste it by your side, the clone will be you? Will you feel his existance, too? Both of "you" will feel each other existance?

Of course this is pretty much proven due to experimental verifications of Quantum Entanglement.

>proof
hahahahaha

>what is no-cloning theorem

People aren't static pictures in time, OP. We're all constantly changing.

>If something clones every single atom of you and paste it by your side, the clone will be you?

Two problems:

From the moment the clone is brought into existence, it ceases to be a clone of you. Your experiences diverge and it just becomes a person eerily similar to you.

And that's assuming you can effectively clone memories and experiences too, so it may not even be possible to create that perfect clone in the first place.

Think of thoughts like electrical impulses and a specific set of signals makes up an entire thought. When that pattern passes from one neuron to the other, it is still the same thought, regardless of which neuron passed the impulse to the other.

Consciousness is a process, not a physical entity.

>There is not a single atom in commom
>in your body today as in 7 years ago.
[citation needed]

a physical process

>What is consciousness?
It's a process much like fire. A process that contains multiple layers of information processing and robustness.

>If something clones every single atom of you and paste it by your side, the clone will be you?
No, the clone is the clone. I don't know why this retarded meme is allowed to propagate.

It is an emergent quality

It's not a thing that every human has their own unique version of.

Consciousness is not a process

What is it then, an immutable soul? Pppfppffpf

it doesn't exist. oh, you think it exists? then prove it exists.

What doesn't exist, consciousness?

Are we going to play the "you can't prove you exist" game now?

how can you be so sure that it's a process?

is that why it dissapears when you die ? is that why consciousness only appears in neural networks and not in rocks ?

It's not the atoms themselves. It's the pattern that the atoms congregate to create.

livescience.com/33179-does-human-body-replace-cells-seven-years.html

It seems to happen, just not exactly every 7 years, according to this

as is everything else, to make that distinktion with matter and simple consciousness is 16th century philosophy, you can do better Spinoza

Consciousness IS THE UNIFIED FIELD.

This makes quantum physics borderline graspable.

>In each 7 years all atoms of our bodies changes completely.
Nice meme.

>If something clones every single atom of you and paste it by your side
>If something clones every single atom of you and paste it by your side
It is impossible that the position of two physical objects in space-time corresponds with the same coordinate.

>In each 7 years all atoms of our bodies changes completely. There is not a single atom in commom in your body today as in 7 years ago.
No they don't.
>So are you a different person? The kid died? If consciousness is just chemical reactions, how can it be constant if the atoms were changed?
Learn the definition of death before making such a stupid questions.
Yes.
>Will you feel his existance, too? Both of "you" will feel each other existance?
With your senses, yes. You'll be able to look at him and talk to him.

soul god

>With your senses, yes. You'll be able to look at him and talk to him.
But they already give me pills to keep this from happening.

No such thing as consciousness. It just some stupid thing pseudo-intellectuals came up to feel smart. You're assuming our existence is human because we're human. That's anthropocentric and wrong. You don't "die" because the universal doesn't waste anything. You just become rearranged into something else. What you were is a fucking fluke in the grand scheme of things. Intelligent life is most likely a flaw in the system.

>No such thing as consciousness.
There is. We realized our brains is creating it and we gave it a name. It's not something hypothetical, we observed and named it.
>You don't "die" because the universal doesn't waste anything. You just become rearranged into something else.
We die.
Death is the termination of all biological functions that sustain an organism.

>That's anthropocentric
Not an argument.

>We realized our brains is creating it
You almost had it then you fucked it all up.

>taking pills
>not befriending and having fun with your imaginary friends

How do you know your brain is creating it?
That is an argument. People believe that death is followed by continuing your human self in some form. That life is better off with us and that consciousness is related to us being humans and that's why it exist.

i find that unlikely. the pop sci garbage you're referencing is every cell is replaced after 7 years, but the cells don't disappear when they die. your body recycles used biomatter. hell, that's how we eat in the first place.

by what metric is it "wrong" to be anthropocentric?

also
Not
An
Argument

If you promise to keep the secret, I will share with you that sometimes I skip the pills so that I can play with my friends.

I agree. Cells != atoms.

>brain cells are not replaced

Jesus christ, read your articles before posting

>How do you know your brain is creating it?
Though various experiments and observations we know that the brain is responsible for forming thought process. It's a little simplification though, because other parts of the body also can affect our preferences and stuff.

I play with my waifu tulpa every day!

If it was as simple as "consciousness = thoughts", then "consciousness" as a term wouldn't even exist in the first place. You're not reading between the lines.

Thoughts doesn't define consciousness, but they are required. You can't be conscious without thinking. Also we can observe which parts of the brain are used by it and affect it etc.

You're not using the term in the same way it's used by OP.

>In each 7 years all atoms of our bodies changes completely. There is not a single atom in commom in your body today as in 7 years ago.
Not really true.

>So are you a different person?
No, because while some (or even if all) atoms in your body change, the cellular remains the same. This means, the information that defines you is still mostly the same. Your instincts are the same, your memories are the same and your visual appearance is the same.

>The kid died?
No the kid lives. That's how life is.

>If consciousness is just chemical reactions, how can it be constant if the atoms were changed?
It's because consciousness is not dependent on your atoms alone. It's dependent on the cellular and organic structure that the atoms form. It's like when you change the tire of your car. Even though the tire is different, it's still a car.

It will be identical and people won't be able to tell the difference between the two of you. So for them it's you. But for you, it's a different person, which happens to have all your knowledge, experience and interests.

>Will you feel his existance, too?
Not more or less than you can feel the existence of any other person.

>Both of "you" will feel each other existance?
Both of you will be copies, just like twins. Nothing more.

Your existence is your consciousness. Your consciousness is your brain.
It's just as simple as that. Don't try to make it something magical. It's not and it will never be, no matter how much you want it.
I suggest you attend some neurology course. Very important, NOT psychology, neurology as the field of biology.

Here OP, watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8

Here is an interesting video to consciousness.
Your mind is actualöy two different entities that are interwined with each other but it's possible to seperate them. I common life your second consciousness mostly appears as "gut feeling" but it's actually a true seperate own consciousness.

youtu.be/wfYbgdo8e-8

Reminder that OP is retarded NEET that does nothing but fap to anime and post pseudoscientific bullshit on Veeky Forums

Reminder to sage

>does nothing but fap to anime and post pseudoscientific bullshit on Veeky Forums
>implying it doesn't address half of the Veeky Forums

>consciousness is related to us being humans
It certainly is. A table isn't conscious. An apple isn't conscious. But a human is. Are you an /x/tard?

Dolphins are conscious as well, though.

Dolphins suck.

listen, Trump, we need more Jesus up in here

I only do the latter.

A higher state of perceiving reality, think about it the brain is the organ that allows perception and it is the organ that causes consiousness therefore consiousness is just advanced perception.

its something erased by the monetary power

>What is consciousness

Explain a word you don't know with words you don't know, equals to a pile of shit.

mostly both different by the experience of that...

if you think this zombie mold have more of their potencional.... growth is posssible, atleast prolongancy of mitosis stadium

I have a theory:

>any being that can contemplate suicide effectively have some control over its destiny and therefore must be considered conscious.

In other animals we see this sort of lifestyle:

>born
>get fed by mom
>get mature then fuck whoever interesting
>gets old
>tries to fuck but cannot compete with new plebs
>dies

by contemplating suicide and actually doing it, you are basically skipping the entire process of fucking and straight to death. The fact that we can actually make the action of not producing possible offspring anymore is effectively free-will.

By this logic, we can see how dolphin is actually conscious because afaik there's actually a case where an entrapped dolphin actually banged its head against the wall to actually die.

We are nowhere near prepared to tackle that question. It's on par with, "what is the meaning of life?".

Some animals like ants instinctively commit suicide to help its kind and allow it to reproduce more.