Just long

looks good , whats it about?

not hard but long, kinda like my dick

no one asked about your freakish noodle dick

lol this is my Dostoyevsky joke.

excuse me?

GET OUT NYRB SHILL!

What's wrong with NYRB?

Do people on this board really think books are "difficult"?
You read them all the same way, line by line, left to right.
Fucking retards.

>left to right

lol monolingual plebtard

>he thinks writing scripts have anything to do with a language
I read Arabic books from time to time, but written in Latin script. plen.

How is it a dostoevsky joke?

>hmm I will now read Infinite Jest
>let me turn off my brain first, after all this is just entertainment to kill time xD

I haven't even read IJ and I don't think OPs book is difficult at all but this is how much of an imbecile you are.

nothing. contrarians like to dislike what people like.

His books are really long but not very hard. like my dick.

Bump. So far only seen one user in a bookshelf thread who owns this, and he had already left the thread by the time I saw his post.

I kek'd hard

Lol retarded if true.

That's exactly what you should do when you read IJ. Really poor example.

It isn't hard. Can I ask why you want it though?

>dostoevsky
>long

It's long and vacuous, kinda like my cunt.

Jesus christ, bumping again in hopes of a single helpful answer.

Download an epub of it so you can read a little bit and figure it out for yourself.

Several people have answered. Not our fault you cant parse an obvious after the fact joke.

Your answers are here faggot:
Why does it even matter if it's difficult? It's a potpouri of timely observations covering culture, economics, relationships, academia, emotions, and all kinds of other shit. What does your question even fucking mean? It's just a big book from the 16th century. It's been edited to have modern English. Sorry that takes away your difficulty points. Guess you'll never get to touch a tit unless you can find one in the original. Not like it's enjoyable or even possible to read this thing straight through. It's more scatterbrained than Montaigne eating buckshot. But hey it's 1000+ pages and I'm sure the people you ride the bus with haven't been impressed in a while, so go ahead and read it and enjoy it you silly vapid cunt.

same

Literally nothing except that their actual Journal includes far too much liberal pandering (searching out books that make their arguments for them and then reviewing said books glowingly).

That tends to be for non-fiction though, they are at their best when they are bringing back some book from the 60s that was translated into English and missed by American audiences from Estonia.

Not difficult whatsoever, takes a long time to read through though.

I don't know why you would think it is difficult. It has a lot of quotes but none of it is hard to understand.

>BIG BOOK MAKE BRAIN HURT HUR DUR

I read it straight through you idiot pleb.

>dostoevsky
>dick

Daily reminder: youtube.com/watch?v=stjUUMRDnAs

My dad could beat up ur dad

Nothing but by virtue of what they put out they're the go-to publisher for hipster faggots with a fetish for all things obscure.

>NYRB books
>obscure

how illiterate and parochial are you?

My only issue with NYRB is that they don't put out hardcover versions of their books. Who the fuck wants a 1400 page paperback with a garbage spine?

NYRB spines are fine. idk if it gets sketchier in the 1000+ page count range but i've read a handful of their book sin the 600 - 900 page range and don't see noticeable deterioration of the spine.

It's not bad.
You need to hold it for the first and last 300 pages or so.
When you are in the middle it lays flat on a table even though it's a paperback just because it's so thick.

Also it's not difficult read, OP is memed.
All the latin and greek phrases are immediately translated in brackets in the text, and the pages fly by because your eyes just flick over all the italicized latin, of which there is a lot.
Also there's like 400 pages of notes, and they aren't even the kind of notes you actually read, they're just notes like "this quote is from so and so"

The book is exactly what it's titled - an anatomy of melancholy, a giant compendium of thought pertaining to melancholy. The idea that this could be "difficult" means you are afraid of long/old books and are evidently retarded. Seeing as how you are retarded then for you it might in actuality be difficult. I don't know because I don't have this problem.

Bro, it must take you fucking forever to read a book like that.