I just got 14 fucking nonstick pots and pans and I already had stainless steel ones...

I just got 14 fucking nonstick pots and pans and I already had stainless steel ones. Is there any reason to keep the old ones? Like what is the point of sticky pans

To stick to the side of your cabinet apparently.

How do you get them to stay put like that?

Papertowel neutralizes non-stick properties, allowing the pots to stick.

Nonstick are great, they just have to be tossed out every 6-8 months and suck at making gravy.

>you know they're done when they stick to the wall

non-stick pan: only for omelette's
non-stick stock pot: wtf?
glass lid: again what's the fucking point? they immediately steam up.

>only for omelettes
>this guy doesn't even crepe or pancake

Nonstick are superior in all ways

is this bot? havent seen it in a while

>has a set of stainless steel pans
>replaces them with nonstick
jokes on you nigger you just wasted money because you're some hopelessly incompetent home cook, enjoy shitty food because you're too stupid to buy a steel wool and clean your fucking pans properly lazy american trash

I can't even go on the cooking board without seeing a ton of negative insulting shit

this whole website is fucked

go to le reddit then you faglord, nobody cares about your fucking feelings here

what a surprise

kinda angry for a thirteen year old aren't you?

They were a gift mate. They seem pretty nice, it's that anodized aluminum instead of Teflon and they're oven safe. I'm just not sure when a steel pan is more suitable than a nonstick one.

I'm not sure what kind of retard you have to be to get things stuck in a POT, but whatever, if you need training wheels, go for it.

The drawbacks are obviously the same as non-stick pans, there's a bunch of things you simply can't do without fucking up the coating. And even if you avoid all those, they wear out. Whereas a stainless will literally outlive you.

>The drawbacks are obviously the same as non-stick pans, there's a bunch of things you simply can't do without fucking up the coating
Such as?

High temps, metal utensils, long/a lot of exposure to acids, cooling it off under water, bring on a camping trip... list goes on.

You can use high temperature if it's the new stuff instead of Teflon, but the other points are valid.

Ooh, someone made a comment that hurt my feelings on Veeky Forums. I'm a special little snowflake that never had anyone talk so rough to my feeling center.

I think this might have given me autism. I'm going to my analyst first thing to get some medicine. Oh, my feeling center hurts. Veeky Forums is worse than Hitler. Ooohh.

"the new stuff" has worse non-stick properties than teflon though

We need a Veeky Forums safe space.

To answer your question, you shouldn't use non-stick pans on high heat, since it ruins the coating. Similarly you shouldn't use any sharp utensils that may chip or scratch the coating, or you'll just be ingesting pieces of non-stick from then on.

So use the stainless steel if you're frying a steak, or making a stew that you know you'll put to high heat to reduce. That kind of stuff.

Generally speaking though you have far too many pots\pans.