Existence of the universe

That something such a universe exists is a belief.

who cares?

So you agree?
>who cares?
I do.

i don't agree or disagree because it doesn't matter

When it doesn't matter to you why do you reply?
Of course it does. Everything matters.

That something such as the universe exists is merely a belief.

i reply because i'm procrastinating. i'd do anything except what i have to do. shut the fuck up

>it's another "baby's first pseudo-intellectual thread experience on Veeky Forums"

When it doesn't matter to you, don't reply, it matters to me.

What if it was?
You still don't want to admit such a fundamental and easy to grasp notion.

A belief of what?

It's based on the belief that there is an external reality.

Everything else about it is based on informal and formal logical reasoning, experiment and observation.

All together, whole, entire, collective, general, literally
turned or combined into one...

>It's based on the belief that there is an external reality.
When the notion is wholeness and you can't verify the whole thing then the wholeness is a belief.

>All together, whole, entire, collective, general, literally
>turned or combined into one...
You misunderstand. What is believing this belief if the universe does not exist?

There's the whole thing.

I don't know.
Why do you think it would be necessary?

How do you know when you haven't proven it?

Here's the whole thing.

Because in order to claim that X is a belief, something must exist to believe it. And if something exists then a universe must exist.

We are talking about the content, not the ideas transporting it.

...or rather an image of it.

It doesn't matter what you are trying to talk about if it leads to contradictory nonsense.

See, this isn't just someone wanting to be appear intellectual.

How is it contradictory?
The existence of such a thing as the universe is just a belief.
Even the the notion that it is a belief might just be a belief and therefore it might not be a belief... so it's a belief again.

Also, I don't beleive that working with the concept of the universe is leading to nonsense.
Things might appear more senseless when not believing in the existence of the universe.

>How is it contradictory?
I just explained how if the universe does not exist then nothing exists to believe the universe exists. Therefore it is not merely a belief that the universe exists, it is a necessary result of the minimal assumption you made.

>if the universe does not exist then nothing exists
Nothing exists in the sense that only nothing exists... right?
Why must their be a wholeness in order for something to exist?

Sounds like someone explaining that God exists and it's proven by everything he created.

>Nothing exists in the sense that only nothing exists... right?
No. That's gibberish.

>Why must their be a wholeness in order for something to exist?
If something exists then either it is the only thing that exists or there are other things which exist as well. Either way, there is still a universe which must contain them all. Saying that the universe does not exist is equivalent to saying that nothing exists.

That's an image of the content.

There are not even ways we could imagine to begin with actually observing anything at all about external universes.

Even particle accelerator - the biggest shot right now - only confirmed an already established mathematical model: boson field. WITH NO NEW PARTICLES not even a very small on microscopic scale black hole which could've been studied while it decayed.

We might potentially never know anything about other world, yet the math worked for most stuff.. could be right about other worlds as well - especially math from quantum world - but we need more time... that's certain.

Back to idea - describing other worlds right now - it's just philosophy - could be right by pure accident, randomness and association of words, and remain - but then 99.99% of them would just be rendered out.

External reality = reality external to our internal simulation.

External reality = the perceivable world around us.

I wasn't talking about multiple universes.

Also the LHC has discovered plenty of new particles, idiot.

>External reality = reality external to our internal simulation.

Neither does the whole science does - do you think biology breakthroughs happen in the mental projection of world?

I did not even imply it not happening - just not discovering any new particles since then - but only the Boson.

Are you new to this? It's like your scientific understanding of the world is stuck somewhere before 2000.

But is there any onion in it?

If it doesn't matter, why do you mind?