Why do otherwise smart women play dumb? Especially when they are with guys...

Why do otherwise smart women play dumb? Especially when they are with guys. Do women just have a primal urge to be mansplained to? And I'm not saying this is completely a bad thing, guys like to help women so when women play dumb they get to stroke their ego a bit, and feel like a man. Anybody who dabbles in psychology have a good answer to this?

>be me
>going over notes with this girl before our midterm
>she asks me what the law of sines is
>I just laughed in astonishment and said "really?'

And this chick isn't a dummy either, she's a chemistry major and going to grad school next year.

Most people don't remember middle school math.

Found brainlet

It is part of the mating ritual.

So that chick wanted my benis?

What people say:
>what is the law of sines?

What people mean:
>which one was the law of sines?

lrn2 basic social skills, OP. Once you start giving a thorough explanation to a concept that you both know the other person knows you've just made things so uncomfortable that they would rather sit through your explanation than say "fuck you asshole, I know the concepts I just forget terminology because I never use it".

This

>sine law
t. brainlet

this post was like a self fulfilling prophecy why did i think it would be worth reading?

>Chem majors

When will they learn?

>guys like to help women so when women play dumb they get to stroke their ego a bit, and feel like a man.
You just answered your own question. It's to make men feel good when talking to them.

Sounds like she was flirting with you.

Yeah, she really wants you, bruh. You should just grab her ass next time you see her and go from there.

Will do

>he posts This on sci
Fucking retard

Not a primal instinct. She was flirting with you.

I play dumb a lot
It's fun I don't know

I'm ugly as fuck tho and she's a 9/10

Not all people are superficial.
I'm sure you're cute in her eyes. :)

Should I ask for her digits?

I try to be more subtle, like "wanna go get some ice cream/coffee/etc"
Good luck user

I want to see this thread getting 404'd and all you casual retards out of sci. Thanks.

>human behavior isn't a science

>she asks me what the law of sines is
>I just laughed in astonishment and said "really?'
Most people forget shit like that about two months after the last time they were tested on it.

The whole academic system is a joke that way. Two years after finishing a hard science degree, most people can't do things like solve a problem from a second-year calculus exam. And it's set up to let this happen.

The people who can actually retain and apply this stuff are rare, kind of amazing, and in this day and age, would probably learn whether they went to school or not. Higher education offers these people jobs and everybody else the illusion that they are these people. It's quite the swindle on society at large.

How can you forget such a basic identity or law? Aren't Chem fags required to take calc 2?

How can you forget everything that a post says between the time you start scrolling up to the top of the page, and the time you start typing your response?

I'm sure you remember every term and idea that has ever been presented to you, and can pull them back to the front of your mind immediately without losing details.

>in this day and age
you sound like my Grandpa

You use it or lose it.
I can't remember the solution to any non-linear odes or without constant coefficients.
Good thing I have the internet.
I can focus on stuff important to my studies/work.

you're onto something, just explain her everything, she'll jumping on that dick in no time. post pics

>The whole academic system is a joke that way. Two years after finishing a hard science degree, most people can't do things like solve a problem from a second-year calculus exam.
They can if they spend 10 minutes looking up how to do it again.

I personally have a very good memory, and I can probably remember how to do all of the math I've ever done. I would hardly say, though, that someone is unintelligent for letting these things slip out of their working knowledge.

Hell no. I couldn't even get through college properly. Failed calculus in term 1, term 2, and in term 3 I did it again, so they kicked me out. I got brain problems. Nothing severe, but some kind of genetic flaw that gave me old-man arthritis in my 20s and makes my nervous system about as good as my joints. I'm on a special diet now that makes it manageable. I'm fairly sharp in the short run, but no mental endurance for persistent, intense study.

The weird shit was that sometimes I'd meet people who got their degrees a few years after their graduation, and most of the time, they knew less about the stuff we studied than I did. There's a rare few, though, who could just sit down at those exams any time. They carried on learning more after leaving school, and I couldn't even have a conversation with them about what they were learning.

It amazes me, the way people can pass exams on things they won't remember a few years down the road.

I remember, too, they'd use every trick to get through it. They'd cram for the exams, of course. But they'd also practice with exams from previous years. When crib sheets weren't allowed, they'd make crib sheets and read them over and over on the way to the exam, then write them out from short-term memory on scrap paper. There was support from this from the university staff. They told us to use the trick with the crib sheets. Even dumber shit happened. One time, one of my classmates managed to argue a professor into giving him a better grade, because the exam was multiple choice, and had too many As as the correct answer, when Cs are usually more commonly correct.

A college degree is not what it's supposed to be. They do test something, and they flunk enough people to make it look stringent, but it's not what they claim to be testing.

Don't tell me you like your girl discussing theories with you while having sex.

These women think being super smart drives guys up the wall or into a corner since it isn't what they expect.

>post pics
No thanks, I kinda care about this person.