What the FUCK?!?

What the FUCK?!?

Mangoes are fucking gross.
I loves my fruit, and this morning I went to one of my favourite shops thinking mmm ill make a banana and blueberry smoothie for breakfast. They had these big ass mangoes so I thought, yo, mango smoothie could be good. Cost me 8 fucking dollars.

I was getting real excited thinking about my smoothie and rubbed my crotch against a little girls head as I walked past her (I live in Japan where such behaviour is not only legal but encouraged)

Anyway I get home, make my smoothie and it's fucking DISGUSTING. What a fucking rip. Waste of a carton of milk and some blueberries too.

Why are mangoes so such shit tier fruit?

Also lets discuss fruit, I love it. What is your favourite? I think mine would have to be pink grapefruit, love them shits.

2.4/10

you tried

If you aren't going to post about mangoes or other fruit, then don't post.

m8 never buy those shitty big ones you want the small yellow ones those are god tier never buy these shitty ones that are pic related

I have never purchased a good mango from a grocery store. They are always picked too soon and they tend to be hard, fibrous and bland even when you ripen them.

But I grew up in the shithole know as Florida and the free mangos people would give away are amazing. It's one the sweetest and most delicious fruits there is when they are allowed to ripen properly

>It's one the sweetest and most delicious fruits there is when they are allowed to ripen properly
this
i spent a lot of summers in mexico when i was young and we would always buy mangos from fruit stands
the best fruit imo

Yep. Mangos are the worst.

The problem with mangoes (well most all fruit really) is that the best tasting ones don't look that great while the big, firm, smooth looking ones are shit.

I'm sorry that OP had a bad experience. Mangoes are GOAT fruit. Delicious just on their own, in salads, desserts, smoothies, juices, ice cream, even in savoury dishes as a salsa or chutney. The only area I'd deduct points is their ease of eating, you need to take a knife to them before you can enjoy the sweet goodness.

mango can sometimes be hit and miss depending on variety and how shit you are at picking bad ones. avoid turpentine mango as they can have a bad aftertaste (i.e. taste like chemical turpentine). look at mexican varieties

I guess one day I will give mangoes another shot, fruit is very hit and miss where I live and even with the usual stuff like oranges and grapefruits one day they can be juicy an sweet and the next they'll be dry and bland.

I do remember having a mango a couple of years ago and although I wouldnt say it was amazing it certainly wasn't unpleasant.

Do people keep fruit in the fridge? I do, it's so much better when it's cold.

>putting milk in your smoothie instead of orange juice

Enjoy your phlegm

Correction: those mangos are gross. And hardly ever ripen properly in stores.

I guarantee if you had a yellow ataulfo you would love it. knows.

>Orange juice.

I've never thought of such. Can anyone confirm if delicious? Just bought a new blender and I'm ready to get fucked up on smoothies.

This is what is left of the offending article

Mangoes aren't in season you cunt

What the fuck is that mug?

Holy shit you picked the greenest mango possible AND you even put the middle of it in! Look up how to cut a mango, Jesus christ

it's a titty, son. maybe one day you'll see one IRL

??? This barely looks like a mango. What variety is it? Maybe it's unripe, or one of those savoury fruits.

OH YOU PUT THE FUCKING SEED IN YOUR SMOOTHIE? YOU FUCKWIT WHAT THE FUCK.

Either you're retarded or you're not even trying to bait anymore.

>mango with milk

Don't do this my nigga, that shit's poison. My cousin knew a boy who died from eating an entire mango and then drinking two big glasses of milk. Thought everyone knew about this.

This has to be one of those "Jokes on you, I was only pretending to be retarded" threads.

Obviously I didn't put the seed in.

It's all I had to choose from. I'm not the kind of person to wait. Saw a mango, took it, it was shitty. Also just because it's green doesn't mean it's not ripe.

Anyone feel like Papaya is underrated? I love me some papaya, probably not my favorite fruit but it's up there. nobody ever seems to mention it.

It's the fruit of the gods Nigga

No, you twat. That's definitely unripe as fuck. Look how fucking white the flesh are. Ripe mango should look darker like a bruised fruit. Also you fucked it by cutting it horizontally THROUGH the fucking seed pod. You're supposed to cut it around it. May almighty Gordon Ramsay have mercy on your fucking soul.

Sorry bro I forgot to use my xray vision to see how white the flesh was before I cut it.

What difference does it make if I cut through or around the seed? Does it release poison gas or something?

aaah, it is a retard thread

If you have nothing to contribute then don't post cunt

Says the guy posting completely unrelated animu on a food and cooking board.
Neck yourself, weeb.

With mangos it does

>WAAAAH WAAAAH STOP POSTING ANIMES ON Veeky Forums WAAAAH
uh oh I posted an anime
your day is ruined

If you are in the states, only look for Mexican grown mangoes. I've tried Brazilian mangoes a couple times and even Fully ripe they are fibrous and not too sweet. I'm assuming low transit time allows the Mexican growers to let them vine ripen a little longer than say a mango shipped from another continent

>I was getting real excited thinking about my smoothie and rubbed my crotch against a little girls head as I walked past her (I live in Japan where such behaviour is not only legal but encouraged)
What a stupid addition, totally ruined the shitpost.

How do Europeans eat marketplace mango?
My family has fields of mango, we export to Yurop and Canada. Any mango that is older than a week after being picked is inedible for me, and a mango that wasn't kept in the fridge is inedible after one day.

I stated in the OP that I live in Japan, so no I am not in the states.

It's not a shit post cunt, am I not allowed to dislike mangoes?

Fresh fruit in Japan is retardedly expensive but if you really want a good mango you need to get the smaller yellow ones. The big red/green variety has inferior texture, flavor, flesh to pit ratio, and doesn't ripen well once picked.

When selecting the mango, it should be a little soft and smell sweet near the stem area.

You will be punished for your slander