Is there such a thing as a non-shit low/no-calorie sweetener? Specifically for baking...

Is there such a thing as a non-shit low/no-calorie sweetener? Specifically for baking. Tried Sucralose (Splenda) - it's shit, tried Erythritol - shit, and those were supposed to be the best. I've heard everything else is worse. They're all so terrible I've actually just switched back to real sugar and rarely eat sweet foods now.

Just use honey or Simply Syrup.

I don't see "Simply Syrup" anywhere. Did you capitalize that on accident and mean corn syrup or something?

Simple syrup is a 1:1 mixture of sugar disolved in hot water, brought rapidly to a boil and then cooled for use.

This. Autocorrect did the thing in my last post.

>They're all so terrible I've actually just switched back to real sugar and rarely eat sweet foods now.

That.. sounds like exactly what you SHOULD do? Whats the problem here?

Lol tumblr "the thing"
Lol
>the thing
RoFL XD
>le thing

Pic fucking related.

Because I don't always want to eat savory foods?

Stevia might work out. Look it up.

Eat some sour and bitter foods too, then

It turns out there's like, five whole flavors, user

>rarely eat sweet foods now.

ding ding ding you found a winner, fattie.

"The thing in my last post" is "the unnecessary capitalization and misspelling in my last post" shortened for lazy fucks. It's not a goddamn verb and not everything is about your insecurities about having just quit your blog last year you cancerous genital welt.

Fuck you I like sweet foods. I want to have a blueberry muffin.

You. Retarded. Niggers.

>wants sugar substitute
>tries all sugar substitutes and switches back to real sugar
>concludes his own thread in first post
>still arguing with himself about what he wants

I don't think you wanted sugar or sugar substitutes at all.
I just think you really wanted to start a thread, and look for any reason at all to pointlessly argue.

Am I close?

There are a ton of good options for lower GI sweeteners outside of sugar alcohols and other synthetics, which are generally garbage.

Pic related.

You little faggot. I want to be able to bake low calorie.

Most of these aren't actually that low in calories.

>implying I quit my blog
Nigger, I'm just getting started.

LOCAL HONEY
O
C
A
L

H
O
N
E
Y

>shitting on someone for using "le tumber meme"
>filename

>I want to have a blueberry muffin.

So have a blueberry muffin?

Honey is starting to seem like my best bet. You use honey at about 1/2 the amount of sugar, right?

Too many calories normally. I REALLY need to lose weight.

Have you tried one of those 50/50 sugar and stevia combinations?

I was going to post a generic "that's the joke" gif, but fuck it.

That was, in fact, the joke.

I've heard Stevia is terrible.

I know. It was a stupid joke.

Still works better than stevia by itself. Or it might have been sugar+splenda, either way it is at least not shit in my coffee.

Splenda is fine in non-baked foods, but I will NEVER bake with that shit again. That was fucking ungodly. Erythritol was pretty bad too. I could swear the first blueberry muffins I baked with it turned out fine, but I could never get it to work ever again, so I just pitched it.

Then don't have a blueberry muffin. Or don't put sugar in it.

Fuck man, this is bad. This is really really bad.

>how can I eat X without using Y
>"just don't use Y"
>but I like using Y

This kind of shit pops up here all too often.

>Too many calories normally. I REALLY need to lose weight.

So...DON'T eat a blueberry muffin!?

Nigger what do you want? You can't have it both ways. It doesn't exist

If you want to eat sweets, eat sweets. Just work it off after.

user what you're experiencing is called ADDICTION. Eating sugar creates both psychological and physiological pressures to eat MORE sugar.

If you want advice on cutting sweets out of your diet, ditch sodas and sugary drinks. Wal-Mart sells this shit called Clear American/Clear Canadian in it's water section, it has no caffiene but it's 0 calories and will satisfy your need for something fizzy and sweet. Shit even tastes like the fruit it's supposed to taste like.

As for baking, it doesn't exist. Baking is chemistry, and NOTHING works like sugar and fat. PS: It's not the sugar in baked goods killing you, it's the carbohydrates and the fats like BUTTA. The sugar is just the 'icing' (hue) on that cake if you will. No pun.

Shut up, you cunt. Every fucking blue board acts like this and it needs to stop.

You're all so useless.

Monkfruit extract.
I hated every single sugar sub till I tried that.

I CAN'T GIVE YOU WHAT DOESN'T EXIST user

IF THERE WAS A PERFECT SUGAR SUBSTITUTE THERE WOULDN'T BE AS MANY FAT FUCKING PEOPLE, NOW WOULD THERE?

JUST KEEP EATING LESS SUGAR UNTIL YOUR ADDICTION CRAVINGS STOP MAKING YOU A GRUMPY DUMPY

try Xylit, it's not 0 calorie but still has way less than regular sugar

Baker here, you are correct. Most of the time the sugar in baked goods isn't the biggest health risk. I do have a few recipes (coconut macaroons are a great example) that are like 100% sugar but the really good stuff is loaded with fat.

My most terrifying recipe is actually my eggnog, which I make by the gallon around this time of year. There's only 3 cups of sugar per gallon which is a bit over 2000 calories, but because I use heavy cream instead of milk (and only egg yolks, not whole eggs) it comes out to roughly 14,840 calories per gallon. That's assuming you add bourbon, which actually makes the shit less calorie dense. A 12oz glass of that is almost 1400 calories... and my friends wonder why they gain so much weight over the holidays.

On a side note, I never drink that shit anymore after the first time I did the math on just how bad it really is. Eating a fucking stick of butter covered in nutella would be a better idea than drinking a glass of that shit... I still make it though because it sells well.

>I REALLY need to lose weight.

then stop eating sweets, fattie. this isn't fucking rocket science. you either pick being healthy and looking good, or eating whatever the fuck you want like and remain the disgusting fat fuck you are.

R-Glucose is the only good 0 cal sweetner

i find stevia leaves a nasty aftertaste

>You are only aloud to eat savory foods
Kill yourself.

For me its either stevia or sucralose

Aspartame tastes like poison

>100% natural
>processed and bleached powder
Makes you think