The food fairy has gifted you some chickpeas. What dish do you make with them?

The food fairy has gifted you some chickpeas. What dish do you make with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

food52.com/recipes/26165-moro-s-warm-squash-chickpea-salad-with-tahini
bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/725646/sweet-potato-chickpea-and-chorizo-hash
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hummus.

Nothing. Id throw them out.

No chickpeas
No farts
No problems

fuck, wish I could trade this in for some garbanzo beans

I used to make a super tasty morracan spicychicken soup with chickpeas

falafel, hummus, or a simple curry if i'm allowed other ingredients as well

If it's winter I would make minestrone soup with chickpeas and red kidney beans.

Nothing, hate chickpeas. They are only good to make a meal more filling. Im not a pig to eat carbs to feel full.

With Parsley, Red Onions, Cod, Green bell peppers, Garlic, Boiled eggs, Olive oil, salt and pepper

>The food fairy
Fuck her first

Some vegetable curry with potatoes instead of rice.

Id do them with some lamb meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce.

I'm having chick peas today.

Soup with celery, carrot, potato, turnip, chick peas, shin of beef, chicken, hen, parsley, paprika and saffron. I'll probably add soem noodles too and a little lemon juice to serve.

How do you know the fairy isn't a fag?

For me it is the McChickpean, the best fast food chickpea sandwich.

Id just eat them. Or make som Chile con carne.

JesusbIm not a soup guy. Bit that sounds so goooooood

Chickpea curry with spinach, tomatoes, a few small potatoes and cocos milk. A few hot peppers and the usual suspects for spices. Tasty with or without chicken added.

how do we know you aren't a fag?

/thread

>cocos milk

If I love chick peas will I like hummus?

lel

>If I love chick peas will I like a paste made of chickpeas?

Lol i dunno

chickpea soup

>what's the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean
>no one pays to have a garbanzo bean on their face

Chana masala
Curry
Salad with grilled chicken and spinach

Those are usually my go-tos

Chickpea salad

Ok

lel

What do chickpeas taste like?

I'd wish they were garbanzos, ie the best beans.

Not much by themselves, really. Think of 'em like dried beans. They taste mostly of whatever you cook them in/with.

The most delicious comfy salad ever. Be sure to deeply roast the butternut squash.

food52.com/recipes/26165-moro-s-warm-squash-chickpea-salad-with-tahini

hummus...

I fucking love chickpeas and they're a common part of my diet because I'm Medshit.

So I'd make saltcod and chickpea fritters with lots and lots of garlic (pulpetti tal bakkaljaw m'tewem). They're kinda similar to Israeli-style falafel, just with fish and flavour added (because Israeli falafel are bland as fuck).

Either that or stovetop chickpea ratatouille (chakhchoukha, the original version of the better-known shakshuka; it's made with chickpeas rather than eggs).

OR! That delicious-ass fish-and-chickpea noodle soup from Bangladesh that I had that one time and wanna try making sometime.
I don't know the name, though.

Fellow Medshit detected?

Why isn't fish and chickpeas a more common combination outside of the north-coast Mediterranean? Even the southern coast (North Africa) doesn't do it commonly.

>lamb meatballs in tomato sauce
Fucking delicious, but never had that with chickpeas, just blanched almonds. Would eat.

Garbanzos taste so much better than chickpeas, its insane .

>>lamb meatballs in tomato sauce
>Fucking delicious, but never had that with chickpeas, just blanched almonds. Would eat.
The chickpeas are good for bulking it out, one pack of lamb mince, a tin of chickpeas and a tin of tomatoes is enough for 4 or 5 meals. I use my own dried spice mix of cumin, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg, cloves and peppercorns too. Dunno how authentic it is though.

That's quite a different spice combination than the one I'm used to, but sounds good, too.
The one I know is cumin, parsley and a fucktonne of garlic into the mince and maizena as a binder. I cheat and add lamb powder to mine for additional lambiness.
The one I'm familiar with has the tomato sauce very fatty and flavoured with lots of cayenne powder, though the meatballs can also be served without the tomatoes, instead cooked in garlicky cayenne oil. The tomato sauce one is generally served with couscous while the oil-based one is served with bread, though there's no hard and fast rule about what carb goes with what.
>authentic
Don't worry about it. You do you, authenticity be damned. If everyone worried about authenticity, we wouldn't have delicious shit like perkedel, tacos al pastor, croissants, Philadelphia cream cheese and padlizsánkrém, which were inspired by/based on frikandel, döner, kifli, neufchâtel and baba ghanouz, respectively, and each is delicious in its own right.

I throw them away as I don't want increased estrogen

I make this fairly regularly

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/725646/sweet-potato-chickpea-and-chorizo-hash

bretty good desu

coat them in different coloured syrups and let dry, bag em

Snack on during election results.

Minestrone, my man. Or Chana masala, both are quite tasty

soak em, rinse em, boil em, toss em with chopped lemon balm & red pepper flakes &caramelized onions & feta

What the fuck
What kind of shit chickpeas do you eat? They have a very distinct flavor.

This. I don't like the grainy texture of chickpeas but hummus is good

I pour a can in my ramen

you will die in the next seven days

well why don't you suck my cock and I'll tell you if I like it

then we'll know for sure