I'm not the only one that want to see this just for the topology pr0n, right?

I'm not the only one that want to see this just for the topology pr0n, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=HSzx-zryEgM

dude its just magic and inception

>Dizziness: The movie

No.

But the topology, mane. It's a topology-themed superhero.

topology of wat

Space

Oh look at that, another generic super hero movie. Let me guess

>First 20 minutes of guy living his daily normal life
>Next 20 minutes some shit happens and he discovers superpowers and shit
>Next 20 minutes he learns super powers
>Next 20 minutes a generic villain with generic motives is introduced
>Next 20 minutes they talk about beating such villain as he plans some kind of final attack
>Next 20 minutes generic combat scene against villain
>Next 20 minutes half assed conclusion that is open for sequels just in case the movie does not blow.

Oh wait, but we are in the 2010s now. Even retards like OP are catching on to this derivative bullshit. QUICK! Pull a deadpool and add some random quirk that somehow makes this movie different even though it isn't but instead of random 4th wall breaking humor just do some really shitty effects outsourced to India.

FUCKING SOLD. 20 BILLION DOLLARS OPENING HOUR.

Looks like not even by coming to Veeky Forums can you escape retardation. Please kill yourself OP. Your taste in media is shit.

I fucking despise every trailer they make for these big budget films. Literally they are all exactly the same and so formulaic.

Black screen opens up to wide panning shot of city with a deep rumbley note.

Presents character doing normal life stuff.

Oh no haha something happened to change your normal life!

Introduces some fucking asshole who says "this is your destiny" or some bullshit along those lines

Minute or so of fighting and chase scenes composed solely of half second clips.

Builds to climax and shows main characters bewildered face - cuts to black and crazy fucking music stops.

Opens back up to characters apartment or some place where some fucking twink lays out a quippy line for comedic relief.

Two more fucking pounding music notes before going to title screen or whatever those pseudo credits are.

EVERY FUCKING TRAILER.

>implying I don't also think 2001, Colossus, The Big Lebowski, the Grindhouse, and Black Dynamite (the original film) are some of the best movies ever made
>implying I can't appreciate a movie about space folding without being a pleb
I bet you even thought Django Unchained was an indie movie

>I bet you even thought Django Unchained was an indie movie

No, sorry. I stopped watching western media crap since I was like 12.

So in other words you fap to anime?

I do watch anime.

What you said is interesting because I just came back to this thread after furiously masturbating to oreimo hentai.

That is such a funny coincidence. I did just fap to anime. And yeah, I do it daily,

maybe they do it like this coz this is what sells ?

Yeah it sells because OP and people like him are braindead and irresponsible with their own money.

If you will spend money on a piece of "art" (I do not even consider western artists real artists) that has no message, no solid theme and no final conclusion that gives you something you can take with yourself out of the theatre to keep and become a better human being then you wasted your money.

I find it funny how now there are retards whining on social media about how mediocre ghostbusters was.

WHAT DID YOU THINK IT WAS GOING TO BE. Every movie you've seen has been mediocre, what makes you think that this one is going to be any different.

Well, I rest my case.

There truly is no lifeform more pathetic than the weeaboo.

being a critic is easy, being a producer is the challenge.

I can already see which one you are :^)

Just because I fap to anime doesn't make me a weeabo.

people who fap to hentai are normal pervy people, theres nothing wrong with it
animefanboys are the cancer

>topology pr0n
What?

I am with you OP. I expected more from Inception, but...you get what hollywood wants

>Just because I fap to anime doesn't make me a weeabo.

Trailers are often made by a separate group of people who know very little about the movie itself and in many cases by an entirely different company. They're only given a small amount of footage and some very basic information about the movie.

So it makes complete sense that they would all be formulaic. As one of these people your entire career is based around taking a small amount of material and slapping it together into a trailer so you can trick the audience into watching a movie that you yourself don't know dick about. This is also why scenes in trailers are often spliced together to make it seem like the characters are giving exposition that explains the movie (even though the scenes have nothing to do with each other in the actual movie). It is also why trailers often feel nothing like the movie and people always feel lied to by them.

By the way, I'm not defending trailers as they are clearly designed to lie to you.

One thing that I've found helps in peeling away the layers of bullshit involved in trailers is to watch the trailer with the volume on mute. Soundtracks are crazy effective at evoking a sense of suspense and intensity (amongst many other emotions) and given that every trailer is just a bunch of unrelated snippets of scenes Frankensteined together any soundtrack you put over it will be entirely superficial to the content of the movie.

Jesus Christ, OP is a pleb but you're an even bigger one

I've been feeling the same as you concerning films recently.
Could you give some recommendations of various genres?

I do not watch films. If you meant recommendations for anime then I have plenty.

Lol, you literally cannot make this stuff up. I think it's safe to say that you've invalidated your opinions here.

I do not watch films anymore because they are demonstrably shit.

You are so bad at arguing that you have moved to insulting who I am (someone who watches anime) instead of even trying to debunk my deconstruction of modern action films Yeah, you have pretty much proved that you are a retard too scared to question your own tastes in art. And who could blame you, the market you support has long ago thrown artistic expression out of the fucking equation.

I bet you could not recognize art even if it buttfucked you with a 20 inch dragon dildo. You are truly the saddest existence I've gotten to know.

Could you take your non-pedophile non-animation back to ?

TL;DR: Kill yourself for liking something I don't like!

Either you're autistic as fuck or you're having a hard time at home. Everything okay? Wanna talk about it?

>getting this triggered by someone criticizing shitty movies

kek

That is not an argument.

That said. If superhero movies are all this shit I think that comics were also never that good.

So much for the supposed superior and intellectual 'geek culture' pop media talks about nowadays.

Artistic expression in the west is dead and none of you want to even try to revive it because you keep supporting empty films instead of voting with your wallet to tell hollywood to step up their fucking game.

Maybe SJWs are right about white people.

Not triggered. Just concerned about the poor guy. Anybody who goes on such a hyperbolic rant about films adapted from comic books made for kids clearly has some issues at home.

>made for kids

>Seriously pretending that the main comic demographic is not adult men.

wew lad

>pop topology
gross

>Maybe SJWs are right about white people.
fuck off with your ridiculous race fights

But it is true. The west is the only place with a mainstream media market that is completely empty of artistic expression.

In Asia you have anime (which is popular all over asia, not just japan) and even now the most artistically expressive shows airing like this season's 'Cheer Danshi' (Cheer boys) is getting all the popularity and sales.

Pretty much every non white corner of the world appreciates art while whites prefer derivative bullshit.

I am just saying that if we you use this as your context, then SJWs are right when they say white people are inferior.

oh sorry, let me fix that

>man-children

>every non white corner of the world appreciates art while whites prefer derivative bullshit.
highly subjective. every white corner of the world has a thriving, established democracy. that's much more important.

that's irrelevant though. your race fights are absolutely retarded. fuck off.

Japan is a democracy so your point is null.

I am just saying that it is weird that this kind of derivative bullshit only thrives in america and Europe (and maybe India but I do not know enough about their market).

Every other country's local media market (like Japan's anime industry) is more richer in raw unstoppable artistic expression.

Maybe it is just a coincidence but all the evidence points to you being stupid.

>every white corner of the world has a thriving, established democracy
>give an example of non white corner that is also a democracy is a counterexample

way to show you aren't even a STEM student
why the FUCK are you in this board? you aren't helping your idiotic SJW cause by fostering race tensions here

>way to show you aren't even a STEM student

I was just saying that your criticism does not apply to Japan. To other places it does and there is progress to be done there.

Japan has achieved political modernity and a living artistic landscape.

You white people have nothing, kill yourselves.

>you have nothing, kill yourselves
wew guys, the weeb can be edgy. everyone pack it up!

0/10

>does not understand that P->Q doesn't mean ~P->~Q
>You white people have nothing, kill yourselves.

going full on SJW here

Do you actually know what topology is, OP?

>white people knowing rigorous mathematics
>in 2016

Don't think so, pal. He probably saw a numberphile video about it.

I am hoping for potential, but it's a movie for the general public and probably going to be riddled with not just inaccuracies but also inconsistencies until it becomes unwatchable.

Superhero movies are the new pro wrestling matches.

>literally moving pictures
>non-animation

> watching grown men in dumb cosplay with light coming out of their hands
> above the age of 18

Auitsm on the rise.

wifi password XD
epic