Go to the US for the first time to work as a specialized contractor for a Silicon Valley corporation

>Go to the US for the first time to work as a specialized contractor for a Silicon Valley corporation.
>They gave me a base model Lamborghini LP610 for free while I'm working there, but its tank is almost empty so I bring it to the gas station and fill the tank.
>Go to pay and notice this guy staring at the candy stand with 100% concentration.
>He also has a large bottle of Mountain Dew under each arm, a scooter between his legs and a skate helmet on his head.
>I decide to stay a bit more to see how long he stays there.
>Decide to buy a scratch ticket so I don't look like I'm just loitering in their store.
>He's still at it.
>He notices I'm looking and starts to pour his spaghetti.
>Drops one of the Mt Dew bottles and while trying to catch it he drops the other one.
>It takes him at least 15 seconds to pick them up because of his size.
>He resumes his candy-watching activities while nervously looking in my direction every few seconds.
>Decide to buy another ticket to keep watching him, and another, and another, and another.
>After about 30 minutes and $50 in scratch tickets I receive a phone call from my client and get out to talk about business.
>While I'm walking out he loudly says to himself "Gotta be a conscious consumer!" while stuttering a bit.
>Sit in my car while I finish the phone call.
>Keep watching him through the window.
>30 minutes later the phone call ends and he's still fucking there.

I can barely understand an adult man buying candy, but spending all this time choosing one?
Is this a mental illness or it's normal for fat Americans?

I mean, it's not like he was comparing the nutritional values or anything. He was just looking at them in the stand without holding them.

Pic semi-related. Looked kinda like him, except greasier.

What's moot doing back there with that metal hair

P.s. I'm not reading that

Obsessed

>faggotized nonsense
ok

Kek you found autism irl hope you didn't catch it

You don't need to keep buying things, just grab a coffee next time or something and drink it in the store.

I didn't want to eat or drink anything, and didn't mind throwing money at scratch tickets. The American company paid me a lot, so those 50$ were well spent IMO.

I even won $15 that I put in the charity donation box.

>non american calling it a gas station

How should I call it?
Here in Italy we say "andare dal benzinaio", which translates to "going to the fuel guy".

Most non-English-speakers learn the language through American media, so we all use American idioms when the ones in our language aren't translatable.

I'm a thin healthy adult but sometimes I like something sweet (not just candy) when programming code all day. Yesterday I had the same problem I could not decide which candy to get. It was mostly due to the fact they didn't sell any candy that I used to eat as a kid so it was very hard for me to imagine what it would taste like. After standing there for like 5 minutes I decided to go for a bag of mixed candy then at least I would have something I would like.

>Buying lottery tickets

You dumb motherfucker.

>Decide to buy a scratch ticket so I don't look like I'm just loitering in their store
I didn't buy them to win.
They were the only thing that would let me stay there (scratching them), except maybe food, which I didn't want.

What should he have called it then? You didn't really think this through did you.

Your just as autistic as the guy watching candy for 30 minutes. Think about it.

Yeah, you're probably right.
I just didn't have anything to do at the time and I found it amusing.

The petrol place.

Petrol station or fuel station

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

This thread will likely get 200 replies. There will be tons of youtube shill threads that stay up for days, the motherfucking jack thread was up for a day and a half, meanwhile I get fucking banned for trying to explain how beer was provided as sustenance to the slaves building the great pyramid. Great job mods, keep up the good work

Well he could have called it that, but if you're not from an english speaking nation you're generally going to learn english from american media.

Are u fucking mad, faggot???

Outside of horror movies, do fueling stations play a large role in American media?

You only need to hear it once to learn it.
It'll be especially easy to memorize if you never hear any other version.
That will simply be the name of the thing.

>You only need to hear it once to learn it

Trying to learn Vietnamese, neu chi co no duoc de dang, du ma may.

I have no idea about the meaning of these words, so to me they just sound like random sounds/syllables.
If they had some meaning attached to them, my brain can easily associate the sounds to the corresponding concept and I would memorize them.

Also I only had to learn the combination of two words I already knew, so it was extra easy.

Obviously having familiarity with the language helps a lot.

Petrol. I enjoy a lel ebic shitpost.occasionally but this one was badly written.

>trying to explain how beer was provided as sustenance to the slaves building the great pyramid
sounds sick explain it again

>spends 1 hour "spying" on someone
>Thinks the other guy is weird.

Things that never happened thread?

Road movies, anything involving cars really. (fictional) News articles of gas stations being robbed. Someone could have heard it being called that over a dozen times easily.

And don't forget the Internet, where you can read/hear about them in a myriad of different situations.

>This much effort for a "Do Americans really...?" post.
Not even worth the effort chief. This is C- work at best.

>Taking Veeky Forums seriously
You're SUPPOSED to shitpost. This is the blue containment board.

What kind of company gives a Lambo as a company car?

It wasn't a company car. It was a gift.

Yeah, please explain.

Hey to be fair I also cleaned my room and shared some of the candy with my dog that day
I wouldn't have to choose if mom would give me a bigger allowance

Bump

he started off this way so that you know literally none of this story is true... did I just fall for it? shit.