Have a decent idea for a book

>have a decent idea for a book
>can't write decent prose

How do I die?

>How do I die?
By dying of exhaustion due to endless soul-crushing training of your prose skills.

we're all dead inside already

Write anyway.

>have an idea for a cute female MC
>write her up
>readers hate her

I guess my idea of cuteness doesn't match with the masses.

Didn't stop Rowling or John Green

>realize I actually really like writing
>never worked in it before now
>haven't been able to read a lot because of career in science
>scared all my fiction ideas have already been done before and I'm just not aware of them due to lack of exposure the past 6 years.

>>have a decent idea for a book

ideas are worthless, it's all in the execution.

i recommend you execute yourself.

I don't know why Veeky Forums hates Rowling so much.

She's the reason why I got into reading and I would still have people reading Harry Potter over the YA shit we got nowadays.

It's part of pop culture and people on Veeky Forums hate everything that is popular with normal people and casuals in particular. Be it music, movies, video games or fashion. You will find the same thing on all hobby and entertainment boards.

Stephen King reader detected.

I don't read Stephen King though.

Start writing poetry thats what i did when i realised i cant write good story to save my life, and my plotless ideas from daily life are more suiting in poems format

not on /tv/

Veeky Forums does have is contrarian bent but come on, to tell us that the only reason we don't like Rowling because she is popular is stupid. That only magnifies the dislike, it is not the originator.

If we take the star wars prequels as an example. They are bad movies but they it's not hard to find much worse ones if you try. Yet because they are star wars films it changes the way people react to them. Rowling is the same. Her books are bad but because of the enormous popularity of her books they are far more in our consciousness than say Ass Goblins of Auschwitz.

You will probably misinterpret what I'm about to say, but if you can't write decent prose you don't have a decent idea for a book.

dont you fucking shittalk Ass Goblins of Auschwitz

I'm with this guy. Books are made of prose and the way they express ideas is through prose. When the prose is bad it's not just being bad at presenting the idea for the prose and the idea share an entity.

>>have a decent idea for a book
No you don't.

>I have a great idea for a painting but I can't paint for shit

Either stop or go full dada.

give us your idea so we can try and write it up for you. let Veeky Forums be you're ghost writer you might end up the next tommy p.