So, I found out, that you can study gender studies on MIT...

So, I found out, that you can study gender studies on MIT. How come a respected university actually deals with shit like that?

lmao who's gonna hire a gender study graduate ? wtf do they even do ?

>wtf do they even do ?
Count to two.

>4 billion women on planet
>not offering gender studies course

>be technical university
>have shitload of money
>offer gender studies
seriously, why even bother?

Because intelligent people understand that there is more to life than STEM

Ph. in gender studies lul

>MIT making money from idiots who want to get a useless degree
>said idiots will end up unemployable
Sounds like a good deal. Making profit AND ruining some brainlets' lives.

(You)

Destabilise Western countries with liberal agendas.

>MIT
>respected

>How come a respected university actually deals with shit like that?
They don't.

>Assuming people go to college for vocational skills

they've been going downhill since they started treated linguistics like a real field.

I take offence with that statement :^(

"Hello, I'm here for the interview"
>"it says you graduated from MIT"
Yes sir.
>"What was your major of study?"
I have a B.A. in Gender Studies.
>"Don't call us, we'll call you."

>So, I found out, that you can study gender studies on MIT. How come a respected university actually deals with shit like that?

I'm trying to be charitable (for a moment) to the position that gender studies has some value.

If you think that there's more to gender other than
>Biological differences between sexes
>common sense
>pop psychology
>plain "obvious" matters of facts about society
then there might be opportunity to study gender beyond the layman level.

now someone is willing to pay to study this shit. I'm guessing MIT is happy to take your money and keep you amused without the cost of expensive scientific or lab equipment for your education. so why not offer gender studies?

also
>MIT is full of smart people
>MIT knows better
>therefore you're wrong

>Assuming people go to college for vocational skills

That's what plebs assume and want. Liberal arts and humanities never had these complaints about employabliltiy and usefulness because the people who studied that stuff in the distant past were wealthy elites who were expected to have certain educational standards.

Shekels

Its a cultural field like anthropology, in fact it is a specific area of anthropology. MIT is not just a STEM school. Is everyone in this thread retarded?

>field
implies that it is a cohesive research program. hard to see how you could call cultural "fields" like anthropology, sociology, linguistics, polsci in the same breath as scientific progress universities are supposed to be known for.

then your definition of "field" is arbitrary. people have considered liberal arts and social sciences fields worthy of tenure since the beginning of higher learning

> Relies heavily on unfalsifiable criteria
> 'Studies' are nonexistent or heavily flawed
> Criticisms are handwaved as machinations of 'the patriarchy' regardless of legitimacy
> Anthropology

I give my anthro friends a hard time for being in a 'soft' science, but seeing you try to equate it with gender studies blew a red mist across my eyes for several minutes.

Anthro is not a soft science. They will bark at you if you call it a scientific field. Its a humanities major. There are subsections that are science based. Ironically their own process of getting information is very scientific. Observe and report. Lots of "soft" sciences don't do this. They interact which is a bias and can ruin your study.

Lol anthro is actually somehow less legit than gender studies with regard to scientific rigor.

Either way they're both shit tier social science which means they're little more than glorified pseudoscience.

Sneaky kek

Well, if you think about it, it is a good way for universities to make money if anyone is really dumb enough to pay to learn about gender studies. Hell, if I get paid big money by some big university to teach gender studies, I'd do it.

Such as what?

linguistics inspired structuralism, which kinda shaped the entire field of mathemtics for the beginning of the XXth century.

This

Brainlets should stay on pol

Yes, everyone on 4ch is retarded

There is always a retarded undergrad who yells "lul scienze is teh answer 2 ebritin, evry other field of human knowledge is retarded, k?"

That user you replied too is a brainlet. He belong here and this is his apex of "intelligence".

I love how you retards throw tantrums about things you know so little, and yet claim to know it all