In Amsterdam, where to eat out

Hey Veeky Forums currently on vacation here in the Netherlands for 4 days. Was just wondering if any locals or experienced visitors could chime in and tell me about their favorite places to eat. Kind of want to avoid the tourist traps, any help is appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

thefork.com/)
viamichelin.com/web/Restaurants
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao @ thinking Veeky Forums will be able to help you with this
Most users of this board consume fast food exclusively and wouldn't know good eating if it bit them in the ass.

Hmm, are you dutch or just a funny guy?

Depends, what are you looking for?

This isn't faggot

honestly, check /int/ or reddit

why you'd come on here is beyond me

Red Light District, eating some pu.... ehh, you get it.

if you go to sarphati park theres a coffee shop called katsu
smoke some weed then walk up the road to the best falafel and fries you will ever eat
its in the dutch bit too so no tourists

Go to this place in noordmarket. Fucking great. I've been twice now.

Sorry didn't include pic

FEBO or bust user.

Thanks guys! Ill check out the falafels today. And that market looks great

Fries with samurai sauce from Manneken Pis

Indrapura near Rembrandt square

>Amsterdam
>recco Belgian "food"

get out, second tier Frenchie

>MFW I live there
Walk out of Katsu and find Spang Makandra in front of you. It's Surinamese/Javanese food. Order chicken satay or saoto soup and/or nasi/bami. There's plenty of other food stands around in this neighbourhood by the way, lots of yuppie/hipster food as well.

get some kebab

There's a steak joint across from that really big shopping mall that had some fine steak, it was Argentinian iirc.

What do the Dutch think of Blacks?

I want to travel but I am nervous of the thought of feeling unwelcomed. Amsterdam sounds like a nice place. I won't be there for the weed or the puss. Not my thang.

I want to try out the different foods and see the sites.

Answer: What do the Dutch think of anyone not Dutch? They think you're 5 rungs on the ladder below the designation of human, black, white or in between.

The Dutch are legendary assholes bit they're very even handed about it, a black tourist won't be treated badly as long as they are respectful and dont act shitty.

Many Dutch are prejudiced against Morrocans and Arabs, but its quite understandable, since most of them are scum. You won't have any issues other than awkward conversation as long as you aren't an asshole yourself

Thanks 4channers. Where is the upvote button on this forum?

As a bribing, I've always found Dutch people very welcoming. Are you two American by any chance?

* bribing = britbong

HARRING BRODJE
A
R
R
I
N
G

B
R
O
D
J
E

Just find a coffee shop and smoke yourself stupid, we all know that's why you're there

dutch food is the absolute worst in europe

you know it's dire when the best you can recommend is kebab

I would like to actually try it but in Amsterdam its impossible to find a traditional Dutch restaurant. Or at least I couldn't find one, with quite few hours of searching.

You can get every country's cuisine from everywhere in the world except their own.

Its like us Britbongs and Indian Curries. The Dutch national cuisine seems to be Indonesian and shwarma. Except at least in England we have pubs everywhere serving traditional roasts etc.

Netherlands is so tolerant they tolerated their traditional food culture being phased out.

i imagine the netherlands haven't had their national cuisine go through a renaissance yet

i mean 20 years ago you could say the same about british cuisine but it's been rediscovered and made great by the middle classes again

Hey OP, dutchfag here.
A while back me and my coworkers ate at a small place called Prego, it is a small restaurant, not expensive with switching menu's. I can really recommend it.

Here in NL we use the site Iens.nl (the english site is called thefork.com/) there you can check ratings for restaurants and such as well as menu's.

Okura hotel has a one star japanese restaurant, they also serve sushi if that is your thing.
Liberije is not in Amsterdam, it has 2 stars but a sister restaurant has opened in Amsterdam.

Do not go to places directly on the tourist roads, most good places are a little hidden int he side streets.

Zaza's is pretty good, it is french food.

Given that you are going to Amsterdam I'd worry more about what the Muslims think about blacks.

Just don't be a little bitch if you're there on 5 December and see some people in black face. No one likes little bitches.

viamichelin.com/web/Restaurants

Is also a good way to find nice places.

Restaurant Wink is great, at the Govert Flinckstraat.
Toscanini is one of the better Italians, in the Jordaan.
La Perla, also in the Jordaan, great pizzeria.
Daalder is a nice meditterenean restaurant.
De Engelbewaarder is more of a bar but serves very decent food for one, and is one of the best bars in and of itself.

In Amsterdam they don't give a shit because it's generally a friendly, left city and everyone gets along fine. Outside of the big city's we have our farmers who get scared the moment they see a nigger, so much the same like any other country I'm guessing.

It's just that our food is the absolute fucking worst, so there is no reason to serve it at all. Try a Haring or Kroket/Bitterbal though, those are grand.

Our traditional food is mostly cheap, simple and consumed at home.

That said, might as well go to Patisserie Holtkamp and get a Kroket. Or the shops of Dobben or Kwekkeboom, The quintessential Dutch snack.

Just search for restaurants which serve hutspot and hachee. They do exist.

Quick google found The Pantry in Amsterdam for instance. Though they call hachee "Savoury beef and onion stew", which is what I would order. It's about as sophisticated as traditional Dutch cooking gets.

>traditional roasts = british food
you fucking idiot roast dinners are not british food

the French nickname for bongs is literally "roast beefs"

Are you mental? They are.

t. Londonbong

>literally
No, that would be rosbif. They speak French you see?

Not him but (You) knew that he meant "literal translation", so you decided to be pendantic for a (you).

>Hey Veeky Forums currently on vacation here in the Netherlands for 4 days. Was just wondering if any locals or experienced visitors could chime in and tell me about their favorite places to eat. Kind of want to avoid the tourist traps, any help is appreciated.

There is a restaurant chain called Loetje, they have multiple restaurants and their steaks are god-tier.

Source: I live in Amsterdam and I come there often.