Convince me that humans are just animals

I have a hard time believing that we're just animals. No animal on this planet comes close to our intelligence. Are humans freaks of nature?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mAPBm_0ftAY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R/K_selection_theory
anonymousconservative.com/blog/the-theory/rk-selection-theory/
upf.edu/cexs/news/genetica.html
nature.com/nature/journal/v499/n7459/full/nature12228.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just take this as proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=mAPBm_0ftAY

Assume the axiom of choice, of course.

I'm pretty sure we're not plants, fungi, or bacteria.

humans are not just animals.

you can reproduce with Aboriginals

Actually other life forms on earth are pretty damn intelligent.

Octopus
Crow
Dolphins
Killer Whales

Stop pretending they come anywhere near the intelligence of humans.

Name something that a human has done, that an animal hasn't.

an animal is an organism that we classify within the kingdom animalia 4

shitpost on Veeky Forums

We aren't all that smart as a species. Our fancy machines and achievements were invented by a very very slim portion of us.

>implying retards aren't animals

Original mosquito here.

Consider my cockles warmed.

Filthy Frank can suck a dick.

I have a hard time believing that cheetahs are just animals. No animal on this planet comes close to their running speed. Are cheetahs freaks of nature?

>I have a hard time believing that we're just animals.
I take it you don't browse /b/

>humans are just animals
No, they are very unjust animals.

>they

Why are you talking like if you were non human?

Oh wait, are we dealing with some special snowflake otherkin over here because if that is the case...

niiiiiiiiggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you have a lot of killing yourself to do.

Animal is a literal and specific scientific definition. It has absolutely nothing to do with the pop cultural definition of being an animal (wild, crazy, etc). And it is a moot point to argue otherwise. Biology has defined humans as animals for many years and back by thousands of articles.

When categorizing living organisms we go from Kingdom all the way to Species.

Humans are in the kingdom Animalia, hence we are animals. It is a biologically based definition not intelligence based.

You are made of animal cells therefore you are an animal.

Some people are.
Humans are one of the most diverse species.
r/K theory suggests some r's, like yourself, suffer from stress disorders and therefore obsess over ego, stereotyping, hyperbole, food, sex, and violence.
K types however seek to understand truth, their environment, and care about whether their actions could backfire.
r types outnumber K types.
So yes, according to one Evolutionary theory, some people are special little snowflakes, as you put it.
But since r types, like yourself, are stressed for zero reason, you flip out and go on the attack because it's a survival mechanism.
One that always EVENTUALLY backfires BTW, some just procreate before they're put in the dirt.

What the fuck you are talking about.

This is some inter universall teichmuller trolling I'm seeing right fucking here.

No, it's not:

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R/K_selection_theory

>anonymousconservative.com/blog/the-theory/rk-selection-theory/

Your scientific illiteracy and inability to use google suggests you're a reactive r-authoritarian egotist with violent hysterical tendencies.

>Humans are one of the most diverse species.
Not really chimps subspecies have more genetic diversity than our own combined.

I don't care about your shitty theory.

I am just mostly concerned about you classifying me as an r without knowing the first thing about me (and from the description I get that being r is a negative trait) and then you start stroking your own cock calling yourself a K.

If anything this is cringe as fuck.

Citation?
Because in my college, when we studies biology, the professor made it very clean and proved to us that the first and second chromosome of humans fused millions of years ago which allowed for more data in a single chromosome, which lead to our extreme diversity; eye color, hair color, skin color, shapes, sizes, brain development, etc...
All which Chimps lack by comparison.

upf.edu/cexs/news/genetica.html

It's not my shitty theory.

It's the current leading theory held by the consensus and backed by geneticists, biologists and behavioral analysts.

The fact you're reactive to it, again, and provide no logic or counter evidence as a response suggests you're not even into science and you're here to act all angsty... and probably troll.

>I need to go on the internet and stroke my own cock, balls and ego to feel validated as a human being.

If anything you are the r.

Also, I am not going against your theory. I simply did not care for it. As I said, I was concerned with you stroking your own cock with it like your personal scientific blow up doll.

Keep that up, faggot.

For dolphins and great apes (including us)
>The mirror test
This determines whether an animal can reflect or recognize itself in the mirror. Therefore, it can ponder its existence.

Alex the Parrot asked an existential question (what color am I?) and grasped abstract concepts (e.g. Shape, color, and people). Limiting the trainer learner phenomenon, tons of people would visit him and he would still ask and answer questions.

HOWEVER, he did not pass the mirror test, meaning parrots can't ask questions about "themselves"

>upf.edu/cexs/news/genetica.html
They link to:
>nature.com/nature/journal/v499/n7459/full/nature12228.html

Which states very clearly that the genes that are diverse are not expressed whereas in humans comparable genes are (expressed).

So now I have been corrected that they are indeed more diverse in genetics, but that their genes are not expressed.

A handful of animals come close to our intelligence. It's difficult to find things special about us.

> I have a hard time believing that we're just animals

Believe what you want op, but our intelligence isn't stopping us from contracting diseases from other animals.

kek

>look up the definition of animal
>humans are animals

topkek

There we go with the relativism again. Running speed is not as good as intelligence. Our intelligence allowed us to built vehicles faster than any cheetah.

an·i·mal
ˈanəməl/
noun
noun: animal; plural noun: animals

a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.
"animals such as spiders"

It doesn't matter how intelligent we are, we are fucking animals, what connotations you apply to the word beyond its definition is your own problem to delude yourself with.

Next.

Am I the only one that, every time there is a kid less than 12 years old, always thinks it rassebles a monkey? They move like monkeys, the scream like monkeys. How can people not see that?

That is fucking retarded. It's like saying Blue Whales aren't animals because nothing comes close to it's size.

What are you talking about?
whales are not animals because their heart beat / seconds * average live span is not in the same order of magnitude as the other mammals

this...why do you ask stupid questions Veeky Forums?