Dear people who believe in free will

Dear people who believe in free will,

What is the mechanism behind free will? How does it physically work?

>What is the mechanism behind free will? How does it physically work?
Contradiction in terms, if will is actually free then it cant be mechanical/physical

How does it work?

Magic, or it doesnt

How does magic work?

Define "free will"

Its magic, the point is that it doesnt need an explanation

Are you being controlled right now? are you writing this out of your own will, or are you being forced to do this by Illuminati?
Pleas stop being a philosophical dumb ass and understand that free will is ones ability to do what they want! or in other words :"the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion."

>the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate

Fate being cause and effect? How does one act separate from the mechanism of cause and effect?

magic is physics by wish

>Dear people who believe in free will,
Oh, well if it isn't this common occurrence of a shitpost.

(insert polemic attitude for a discussion that is qualitatively supporting for my viewpoint that I am cognizant of)
>cursory "define" post for transient logical practicality

AI, Freewill, and Quantum computing are autist topics, whereby they would be more suited to reading a book on linear algebra, calculus, or trigonometry.

Im sure that if I went back in time and did things differently my present would not be the same. But again in the present we all ways have 2 or more conchies to make for any given situation the ability to chose one of them is free will.

>ability to chose one of them is free will.
Prove you have this ability

You press the decision button whenever you make a decision.

I just choose to reply to you.... I could have ignored you!

>How does it physically work

Metaphysically. What part of "in God's image" didn't you understand?

prove it..

>You press the decision button whenever you make a decision.
Agreed, the issue is whether it was ever possible for you to have chosen otherwise

> I could have ignored you!
Prove it

Can't be objectively verified, so not an answer worth considering.

'You' being what? A set of particles? A set of particles that are bound to deterministic chains of cause and effect, chains that have existed prior to before you were born, before you could ever make a first decision?

>objectively verified

Shoot yourself and ask God

I guess that's one way. Not worth the risk though, I'll find out eventually anyway.

I'm ignoring you right now, bitches

Positivists and functionalists please go.

No clue, but from my perspective, I appear to make decisions based on what I want. Me being conscious disagrees with a determinist universe, even if all evidence points to a determinist universe.

It's not proof but it's why I believe it.

>Scientists please go

us arguing about this is free will