Are these basically two sides of the same coin?

Are these basically two sides of the same coin?

Ligotti:
>Society would have you think you're a person but you're really just like everything else and it's a big horrible nothing.

Watts:
>Society would have you think you're a person but you're really just like everything else and it's a big wonderful everything.

Is Ligotti as good as Cioran?

I haven't read his fiction which supposedly has good prose but I didn't really like his writing style in this. He has a nice way of putting things at times but the style in general feels a bit stunted and tiresome and it can feel like a chore to read, whereas Cioran is a joy to read even if you don't really care for his gloomy message.

Not even close.

Speaking strictly as philosopher, not really. As a writer and stylist, maybe (though mostly with his short fiction, not so much Conspiracy)

He's a genre fiction pleb.

Schopenhauer vs Nietzsche

The difference is simply how much access to the opposite sex each writer has/had.

Does pussy bring fulfilment?

Yeah, the difference is that Ligotti was an alpha male with access to any women he wanted and yet realized the horror of existence. And Watts is a permavirgin dweeb.

It's like you honestly don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Watts had several children and was known to be a bit of a womanizer.

That's all rumors though, and the children could be someone else's.

>Ligotti was an alpha male

would lol again

Bullshit!!

>permavirgin

Wattsmarriedthree times and had seven children, also played the guru game probably got some top hippie pussy

Ligotti's, likely.

>ligotti fanboy raging like a dip

protip: you are a dweeb too

Yes, its a lot easier to delude yourself that life is equitable when you feel invested in carnal pleasures I suppose. Narrows the wide-angle view you get about an hour after masturbation.

yikes

A few of those kids are probably Ligotti's

>people thinking this is serious

Or maybe they are simply counter-rusing, and I've been played for a fool! That's the great thing about this whacky website -- things can get topsy-turvy at a moment's notice!

Handsome antinatalists like Ligotti are dweebs by choice.

Yes. Cioran and Ligotti are both very good writers.

Watts was also a depressive alcoholic.

The "pussy solves all your problems" meme could only be perpetuated by someone who has never gotten pussy, and is immediately comical to anyone who has actually gotten pussy.

I noticed the similarity between Alan watts' "The Book" and "The Ego and its Own" by Max Stirner as well. Watts even goes on to use the term "spook" to describe essentially exactly what Stirner was.

I thought he was a happy alcoholic.

This