Why are we importing bacon from the EU when we have plenty available?

Why are we importing bacon from the EU when we have plenty available?

Give me one reason other than corporate greed.

Here's the quiche

OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

serves you right for buying a fucking packaged quiche

Define "we".

You can afford European lamb with the profit you make by selling your lamb to the United States.

^European bacon

Australia

>wat

But whats the point in importing European bacon when we have massive pork supplies locally?

1kg of Australian bacon costs as little as $6.99 AUD retail ($5.30 in freedom units)

obviously the manufacturer of the quiche gets a better deal on the imported bacon

See the op

1. No one cares about your pig farm profits Keating
2. Why the fuck did you buy a quiche from coles? It takes what 20 minutes to make one?
If you don't have time eat some shitty fast food, if you do cook something don't go for the half'n'half its the worst of both worlds.

It was 99c quick sale last night so it made for a lazy Friday lunch. Every other day of the week I prepare my own meals from scratch. Suck my cock

Would eat.
None of the ingredients came from Japan, right? Japan would ruin it.

I read the OP, it doesn't appear to have the wholesale prices for bacon.

I asked for one reason other than corporate greed, which is the only reason you've supplied.

L2read

I didn't say anything about greed.
L2read

You suggested the manufacturer gets a better deal on imported bacon

The manufacturer being a very large supermarket chain is therefore automatically greedy because if they can save 2c per quiche by importing product instead if buying local they will do so

Cost control necessary to remain competitive, and even to turn a profit is not synonymous with greed.

Simpletons such as yourself are better suited to other boards.

Because it's cheaper that way.

Because it's cheaper for the consumer. That makes it your greed.

Not such a big deal when you have the highest supermarket margins on the planet

Because your bacon sucks.