These are the vocabulary words in the first 3 1/2 fucking pages of La Bas that I had to use google to look up the...

>these are the vocabulary words in the first 3 1/2 fucking pages of La Bas that I had to use google to look up the definition for. I kept them in a little notebook, this is fucking inane, it took me like an hour to get through these pages.

Lachrymose, Veracity, Sinew, Lanuginous, Diction, Fetid, Eulogize, Apothosize, Repudiate, Veritable, Baseness, Seditious, Adulating, Imbued, Erudition, Interminable, Harangues, Inchoate.

Holy FUCK.

Most of these would have been a piece of cake for you if you knew a hint of french, mango boy.

I know what Sinew, Eulogize and imbued mean. The rest are foreign to me .

>>Diction, Eulogize, Veritable, Seditious

I think you're reading a bit over your level friend

I had some idea what veritable means, because I've heard the word inveritably used before when describing things in absolutes. I guess it means the same thing.

I didn't know Lanuginous

>Veracity
>Sinew
>Diction
>Fetid
>Repudiate
>Baseness
>Inchoate

I know all of these.

Don't see why you don't know most of these. Only one I was stuck on was the last. I am a casual reader at best.

:^))))))))))))))))))))

I know all of those.

I got a 168 on my GRE verbal and studied a shit ton for it though.

>veracity
>sinew
>diction
>fetid
>eulogize
>repudiate
>veritable
>baseness
>seditious
>imbued
>interminable
>harangues
>inchoate
Pic related.

>lachrymose
>adulating
>erudition
I'll admit that those are a little rare.

>lanuginous
>apothEosize
I had to look these up.

You spelled apotheosize wrong, nitwit.

these are all high school level vocab words

For some examples of words I /didn't/ know, to add to your thread, Fermor gets me pretty often. A few I noted recently:

velleities
sybaritic
exiguity

You are wrong.

he's really not

This is true, only lanuginous I had to look up and it I could've guessed if I wasn't so dumb

I can barely even speak english and the only one I didn't know is "inchoate", and even that I'm sure I'd be able to figure out from context

I'm pretty sure that "lachrymose" and "erudite" at the very least were in my high school's vocabulary books.

You really can't just figure out this book from context. I tried reading through the first several pages while not looking up definitions and it made it extremely frustrating and difficult. When you figure out these words it actually becomes apparent what they're actually arguing about, which is that naturalism is a terrible form of art or whatever. I read over the first several pages multiple times and I literally put down the book and fell asleep, then woke up and got out my phone and started looking up words.

fuck bud, maybe take a lil nap? most of these are common vernacular in academia m8

I did, as I described in the post right above you lol.

>yfw lachrymose is in the third book of A Series of Unfortunate Events
You fucking scrubs

>Lanuginous
I feel like this is a fairly unusual word, and perhaps the most obscure on the list. If you're a native English speaker with even a skerrick of education you have no excuse for not knowing words like veracity and imbued.

>If you're a native English speaker with even a skerrick of education you have no excuse for not knowing words like veracity and imbued.
Have you seen the general vocabulary level of the average facebook comment? Face it dude, even though I'm average, we're living in basically the movie Idiocracy. Anyone who has a wide breadth of word knowledge is a rarity.

Lachrymose, Lanuginous only two I didn't know most of those are pretty common words 2bh.

What's wrong with those words?
I'd only have to search for harangueness and inchoate.
Are you a monolingual pleb?