Can we talk about high IQs, anonymously?

I have many questions about living as a person with a high IQ. Let's not discuss ourselves and whether we have high IQs. The entire reason for my coming here to ask lies in Google results producing only sites on which people thinly mask bragging as discussion.

My main question lies in reconciling personal interests with the need for social interaction. A person of 140 IQ speaking to someone with a 100 IQ is much like a person of 100 IQ speaking to someone with a 60 IQ - i.e., talking to a retard. Let's say you leave graduate school and suddenly have no group of friends to discuss topics that require considerable research by yourself... is it better to focus on the social interaction itself or to find a group of friends at your level?

I am disgusted by my roommates who spend all of their free time watching television or using social media while alone. Of course, in social groups, they are in cognitively demanding situations, but what have they brought into those situations? Brains filled with stories from work and fictional content from TV.

Should those with high IQs shun socializing with people who have average IQs? It seems like many of the answers are found in imagining you have an average IQ and are to interact with groups of people with IQs around 60. Do you settle or do you seek out the 5% at or around your level?

I figure this is my best bet for an honest conversation that does not decay into what I found on other blogs - e.g.,

"I have an IQ of 178 so I'm pretty intelligent"... followed by stories about how author is constantly impressing everyone.

I dug around for a while but still want to know - besides work, how do those in the top percentiles entertain themselves in their downtime without becoming hermits?

don't give so much credit to people.
go out sometimes, have a drink. don't think so much of it.
do whatever the hell you like to do at home. you don't need to discuss things with everyone you know.

A high IQ indicates that you are proficient at informal, formal, symbolic and spatial reasoning.

It doesn't mean that you are educated; hence, a lot of high IQ people still seem to be idiots.

A high IQ combined with good recall and a broad education is a killer combination.

But a high IQ alone doesn't imply much.

>how do those in the top percentiles entertain themselves in their downtime without becoming hermits?
>His only social outlet was the Royal Society Club, whose members dined together before weekly meetings. Cavendish seldom missed these meetings, and was profoundly respected by his contemporaries. However his shyness made those who "sought his views... speak as if into vacancy. If their remarks were...worthy, they might receive a mumbled reply, but more often than not they would hear a peeved squeak (his voice appears to have been high-pitched) and turn to find an actual vacancy and the sight of Cavendish fleeing to find a more peaceful corner".
Like this

To be fair OP never implied anything of the such.

I know, I was just adding to the thread.

>how do those in the top percentiles entertain themselves in their downtime without becoming hermits?

I used to take pleasure from making others laugh, captivating their attention with interesting speech, flirting and receiving the attention of girls who found the humour, intellect and social dominance appealing and eventually getting drunk enough for everything to flow without the friction of logical thought.

However, recently I have been unable to elicit pleasure from such activites and now I am living as a hermit.

I've also gained about 20lbs; my six pack has turned into a little barrel of beer and cake.

I spend most of my time learing/researching things that interest me, which is pretty much everything.

I also think I have developed an alcohol problem.

>is it better to focus on the social interaction itself or to find a group of friends at your level?
kek you are just a brainlet/underage. It's difficult to have fun with someone you don't share interests with.

>Brains filled with stories from work and fictional content from TV.
You could do the same shit without spending all your life watching at TV. You are just boring to listen to.

>Do you settle or do you seek out the 5% at or around your level?
You learn to socialize without your past group of friends.

>pseudoscience bullshit
I got a fucking 140 IQ score too, but that doesn't make me an autist like you.

This is why IQ is nothing but a dumb circlejerk.

Stupid brat.

a-are you m-me?

It's not linear idiot. 140 IQ talking to a person with 100 IQ is two non retarded people talking to eachother. A person with 60 IQ is considered retarded.

IQ is a test score and that is all it will ever be, no amount of name calling or shitposting will change that.

That's obviously not how it works, retard. A character with a skill level of 100 obviously can't beat a 140 level character.

I dont know how accurate it is but the wonderlic test I took back when I got my job had a 36 score and said i was 128 equivalent iq.
Anyways on topic, I generally dont know the iq of people I talk to, but I've found that people who make sure you know are usually ubpleasant to be around. If you pride yourself on being so smart you should understand the value of being likable and the power it gives you even if not every discussion is at "your level".

Black science man image--check
IQ thread--check
Disgusted by "inferior beings"--check

This has all the markings of bait boys.

>pseudoscience skill
Like astrology?

Yes.

Stop playing MMOs and get out in the real world, read some neuroscience why don't you.

Do you have legit burgers or whats your problem?

Thats exactly how it works. IQ was pretty much made to test if kids are retards or not. Everybody bragging about his IQ is therefor ironically very retarded

Do you? You seem to be unable to determine the tone of a text from the rather obvious cues within it.

Hint: in this case, it's humour.

Or maybe your joke wasn't very funny

Then there's also the fact that all these idiots on this board act the same way as you basically and yeah.

/thread

First of all the IQ scale is not necessarily something we can think of linearly based on the distribution of individuals.

Second, the IQ test does not measure intelligence in conversation. It measures a very specific and esoteric definition of intelligence.

Third, IQ tests only very loosely measure intelligence, and are not accurate in measuring the majority of intelligence types.

>(You)

>(Him)

holy fuck this is so autistic just stop

For what purpose would you have your IQ tested?
Most jobs don't require an evaluation. Schools don't.
You all must have made the conscious decision to go test your IQ. Why?

Me too m8. Except I'm on the way back up. Future you has visible abs again, has recalled Nietzsche's teaching about alcohol and, has a list of daily goals mostly related to learning, and mental, social, physical and cognitive health. No update on finding intellectual friends or being uninhibited tho.

To compensate for being an utter academic and social failure. They can at least cling on to the notion that they *may* have been worth something if they tried

>social dominance
this is where you self proclaim everything, gurls were probably laughing at you, or more than likely laughing at how hard you were trying. This board is filled with self deluded faggots.

Not him, but 2 girls asked me to go out, when I was in HS. You just need to be "funny" moderately when you are around people. Don't be a fucking clown.

>A person of 140 IQ speaking to someone with a 100 IQ is much like a person of 100 IQ speaking to someone with a 60 IQ - i.e., talking to a retard.

i doubt that

>i doubt that
Obviously you don't have an IQ of 140.

It's probably real

I had a girlfriend like that. I had to pretend to be a dumbass to be able to communicate with her.

>Let's say you leave graduate school and suddenly have no group of friends to discuss topics that require considerable research by yourself

Well no shit if you go to graduate school for a specific subject most people aren't going to have in-depth knowledge of that subject like you do.

You're a fucking retard and your scenario is dumb.

>Should
As for the rest of your drivel: If you are so poor a teacher you cannot explain yourself to an average man, reassess your belief that you are smart.

It's all relative to the humans you re making the comparison. That's about the same difference of a person with 540 IQ talking to a person with 500 IQ - the bigger the digits, the smaller the difference is. A 40 IQ human talking to a 0 IQ human is likely to have clear advantage. Not so much a 680 IQ human talking to another with 640 IQ.

This.

Listening to her ramble on about astrology, having to use hip slang--you know the type of bullshit.

I have, and I know you are all retards who can't into economy, physics and social success at the same time. Brainlets.

If you suffer from isolation, keep interacting with people until you find people you have chemistry with. Then try to interact more with them until suffering from isolation subside. Since you have revealed yourself to be a whiny little bitch, keep interacting with them after that, since you'll need to at a later date.

In the end, you really have to just b urself ;^)

/thread

I have an IQ of 130 and talking to an average iq person is NOT like them talking to someone with an iq of 70. The shop foremen and welders I work with are kick ass and have tons of worldly knowledge. You know who I find insufferable? The other engineers I work with who call themselves intellectuals.

Yeah, this. I've been in chameleon mode ever since I was a kid because I realized pretty early on that demonstrating exceptional smarts would get you bullied relentlessly. I've stuck to it as an adult because it just makes life easier. Social interaction is a pretty basic need for us and it gets fulfilled even if the interaction is insubstantial, i.e. I'm hanging out with chucklefucks, talking about stupid shit. And scoring pussy is 10e12 times easier if just play up to women's (fairly universal) pair-making wishes and expectations rather than be myself.

The downside is that I can rarely stand the company of dumb fucks without drugs or alcohol, and I've never really had a long-term committed relationship because the pro of getting regular sex gets outweighed by the con of being around a dumb cunt for a significant portion of the day pretty fast.

To the people who know their IQ. When were you tested? What assessment were you administered? I give about 30-50 IQ tests per year and I'm curious what assessments were given. Did they just tell you your Full Scale score? Or did they break it down and tell you your score for each area assessed?

140 IQ here.
I study part time (math/phys/chem/economics) at university, have been for years, will likely continue for years. That's where I engage in my "higher" conversations. Also on here to a lesser (but more lively) extent.
Otherwise I just go to work, come home, drink beer, hang out with the missus, walk my dogs, and generally try to not be a snobby autistic asshole.

here

My high school tested me. Have done internet tests (I know I know) more recently because it comes up in Veeky Forums threads.