My first attempt at fish and chips

How'd I do Veeky Forums?

Where's the fish?

The thing covered in the huge breadcrumbs

What I learned:
- Don't Fry the potatoes with onions
- Make the Potatoes slightly thinner on average
- Use more seasoning on the fish and the potatoes
- It's paramount to make the breadcrumbs as small as possible and you need to use more butter in order to stick them on the fish. Thus, I will toast the bread prior.

Overall Score: 5/10

Bump

Fish and chips isn't fish and chips if it isn't made by a greasy foreigner in a deep frier which hasn't been cleaned in a year. It's takeaway food, what you've made doesn't look nearly artery clogging enough.

can't tell how you did. should've taken a better pic

Another clearer pic

>covered in the huge breadcrumbs
you fucked up

Those are NOT fish and chips. Chips are long pieces of potato about 1 cm or so in section, and are deep fried, not shallow fried. Nor served with brocolli either.

THESE are fish and chips. They should be sprinkled with lots of salt and brown malt vinegar. Lemon juice is OK, and tartare sauce if you really must.

What a disaster.

Fish and chips is meant to be battered, and I'm not sure what the fuck you were even doing with cutting the potatoes like that. And why the fuck brocolli? If you want green with your deep fried cheat meal, peas are the obligatory choice.

You ruined it kid. Looks like you used whole cornflakes for your breading. Used something finer that can stick to a wash. Your potatoes are unevenly cooked. Some are burnt. You need better control over their evenness in size/shape to ensure similar cook times. Are they even seasoned with salt, pepper, or vinegar? Also you kinda just threw those broccoli on the plate to have some green. Try rice next time.

Next time just keep it simply and coat it in flour and salt, use a high smoke point oil.

You tried user, you tried. 1/10

this. op is a noob.

Is this b8? Get deep fryer or fill a pot with oil. Your "chips" look piss poor, they are not cut or cooked evenly, much less fried- half looked burned.

And breadcrumbs? That looks like a soggy pile of croutons. Is that raw fish under them? I know you have to be taking a piss mate, but this is god awful looking.

>I know you have to be taking a piss mate
>A piss
>A
What the fuck

I'm a yank, I was trying.

Figured. For the record, it's taking THE piss.

And no, I have no idea what the fuck it means or how it originated.

Noted and thank you. We could totally drink beer and shoot stuff while watching the Mexican grand prix if you were here.

Call me a heathen, but if the tartar sauce is freshly made with decent ingredients, I actually prefer it to malt vinegar.

Yer avin a giraffe, ainchya?

Looks shitty.

Just like all English food.

Potatoes and rice in the same meal? nah thanks.

I think zucchini would go well with it for a veggie though. Always hated peas.

OBSESSED
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

that doesn't even make since you fucking buck toothed parrot

You're the one who's not making since.

It was your first time OP don't feel too bad. I probably would have done worse if it as my first time.

How can someone fuck up so badly?

This user speaks the truth.