What is the best hard cider?

What is the best hard cider?

Other urls found in this thread:

bnektar.com/ciders/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This one is my favorite by far.

Bump.

Stella makes a pretty decent cider.

Anything by them is good. I also really like The Saint by Crispin.

If you want something sweet that is borderline fizzy apple juice, try Somersby.

BITE
I
T
E

Shit's incredible. I've tried probably 20 different ciders here and there but that's still the only one I buy with any regularity.

I live in MI, why haven't I heard of this? Sounds good.

I usually go for woodchuck cider. I'm a fan of the green apple, but no one else i know likes it...

Blakes makes great stuff. All you tend to see anywere are el chavo( habenero) and flannel mouth, but Meijer is their distribution partner and carries some of the cooler stuff like tonic. Try apple lantern if you see it any where as it is awesome

haven't had hard cider before but I am nuts over granny smiths so I'd probably like that, I'm in the middle of bumfuckegypt so hard cider isn't available that I've been able to find, so I've been thinking lately about just getting a jug or two of regular cider and fermenting it myself. any anons done this, or would it be better to start from scratch by running apples through a blender/food processor?

As an American I really like Smith & Forge and Stella's Cider.

Most grocery cider has additives that prevent fermentation. Look for potassium sorbate on the label, it is death to yeast. That said pressing apples for any kind of production is a pain in the ass if you don't have a decent press. If you have farms around you that will press, go that route. Also: listeria

Meijer also carries starcut ciders which are made by shorts brewing. The semi sweet cider is what most brands would call a dry cider and the semi dry is holyshitomgwtf dry. They also have some flavor additions such as berries, cherries and peaches. Its ok, but the blakes stuff is way ahead imo.

Easiest way to make your own cider is with a jug of organic
apple juice.

Can you make cider from orange juice?

No. But you can make toilet wine.

What are the thoughts on Angry Orchard?

Mmmmhhhh, toilet wine.

Good toilet wine has a sweet aroma and a light nutmeg aftertaste that lingers in the mouth.

Experts and wine-tasters oft describe the best vintage; "tastes like shit."

It's way too sweet like most American cider.

The green apple is okay, but still too sweet.

Phhttt, "experts", yeah right.

Is this a quote from Let's Go To Prison?

I turned 21 recently.

If I want some nice authentic cider where do I look?

this shit is trouble

Woodchuck Amber or Woodpecker

Woodchuck Amber or Woodpecker

I've tried about 40 different ciders to see which ones really work, but the one that's always stood out to me is Hatchet.

Bitter, but not so much, with a tinge of sweetness, and a lot of bite. Perfect when paired with cambert.

And best of all? $8 for the bottle.

Did you mean camembert?

oh yeah, sorry about that

No worries, wanted to make sure, gonna give it a shot.

This fucking shit right here mother fucker.

I have been through about 15 different brands of cider and this has been number 1 throughout. Not as sweet as most ciders, 6% alcohol, and refreshing as fuck if you leave it in the freezer for several hours.

Bottle>can, but either way just get it into your body.

Way too sweet.

B. Nektar makes some amazing ciders

bnektar.com/ciders/

Anthem, Docs Draft, and McKenzies are pretty good too.

There are lots of good American ciders that aren't sickly sweet you just have to drive past the gas station and to a decent beer or liquor store.

Nothing else comes close

If only I could read it.

Shame the rest of their flavors are so... I don't know the word for it. Hipster? Nu-male?

in the US it's Farnum Hill

>thoughts on PBR
it's cheap and there is nothing inherently evil about it, but those are the only good things about it

>tfw your local groceries stop carrying the Saint and replace it with Honeycrisp

I mean don't get me wrong, Honecrisp is amazing, but nothing compares to the Saint.

I think my favorite is either Woodchuck(especially some of their our on a limb) or Far from the Tree(which might be local to MA). Far from the Tree has a chai cider that is wonderful

THIS IS

smooooov

this shit is fucking incredible

Meh, they use alot of ingredient bills that are common in michigan ciders. Some of the more creative shit they do ( tonic and apple lantern) are straight up good. While i am happy to concede it sucks that el chavo is the only thing you can find from them in bars its because people actualt like the shit. Perhaps worrying about wwethe or not its hipster is being to worried about other peoples oppinion?Good shit all around but so much of their shit is cyser or draft mead ppetending its cider it gets confusing. Necromangocon is fucking great though so is their currant//black berry whatever the fuck. Another good michigan brand, but harder to find

I just meant the labels and names they give them.

Taste may play a more important role in successful brewing than what you name the shit.

>pic related

None, because alcohol is a gluten.

I know, I know, but still, first impressions and all that.

I see these and my mind immediately goes to skinny, bearded men and neon haired women with thick trigger glasses. That or steampunk LARPers. Lot of crossover between the two.

Nothing comes close when it comes to bottled cider.

What ever happened to K cider? Use to be my favorite?

Also pic is a good off dry one.

Most of the hipsters swill jack Daniel's and pbr though. Honestly most people I see drinking Blake's are well healed rednecks swilling El chavo

Good shit.

>all of these non-dry ciders
christ alive Veeky Forums

etienne dupont
bishop's high & dry

hell even ace joker is better than all of this sweet swill you all are posting

>I-I'm a real manly man 'cause I only drink dry cider
>Am I cool yet, Veeky Forums?

Try it

>apple juice
>not sweet

user, I...