Multiple choice, what do you guys think?

Multiple choice, what do you guys think?

>Humans eat until they can't wipe their own asses.
>Humans rape, murder, seeks for other humans attention by posting pics of their faces and bodies online.

a) because they are smart animals, and have free will.
b) they are just stupid animals, don't have free will and don't know what's good for them.
c) that is exactly what they want, and are just behaving that way

d) all of the above

We're machines, by eating more than is needed, we are preparing for famine. That famine doesn't come because we're in a perpetual state of surplus. (In the first world, at least)

People rape because they want sex/they get off on the pain/control of rape
People kill either because they get off on killing or because they gain something from it. (money, women, in rare cases confidence or attention)
They seek attention online because they want compliments/money/encouragement/discouragement

How is this science?
Right Click
Hide Thread

Kek,
Because I want sex I rape someone,
so I end up in jail where I can't have sex anymore.

> all of the above
Stupidity=smart

Hmm.. making observations about nature, explaining why observations occur in nature. Next, predict from these observations.

>what is science

Yes, I agree.
People are making conscious decisions to eat themselves fat, so they can die young and make room to people that are not retards, like you.

This isn't physics or math-related so clearly it's not science.

Kys

Holy moleo, are you actually illiterate? this is a science/math thread, and human behaviour studies is as scientific as it gets, observing how people behave, act in different situations, you know, stuff that were taken into consideration when creati.g Veeky Forums site.

Rekt

We are intelligent animals that are governed by our genetic and environmental programming.

Free will is an illusion.

Hmm, what is free will?

If we don't know what free will is, how can you know if we have free will or not.

Free will:

>The power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one’s own discretion.

>so I end up in jail where I can't have sex anymore.
You obviously have never been to jail.

d)Holistic analysis can't explain processes.

Pretty much a mixture of all 3. We are smart animals, that "have free will" (thats another discussion). But at the same time our subconsciousness influences our choices with primitive instincts and can compromise our rational thinking, no matter what we think we want

FALSE DILEMMA FALLACY
+
BEGGING THE QUESTION FALLACY

Interesting, finally a person who has some thoughts instead of basically saying my feelings hurt plash stop. Thank you.

Now, do you think it matters if we are smart or not, as a species, if we act like primitive creatures? In this case eat, until we die early, even though we know we will die if we continue that life style?

Isn't that the whole point of being smart, if you are smart, you do smart choices. Dying 50 years early, missing out a lot of fun and good times, is not smart by any means, because fun is fun!

I dont think it is helpful to make overgeneralisations like that. While uneducated or flat out dumb people are more likely to make bad choices in life, doesnt mean that someone who chose an irrational lifestyle is necessary an idiot.
Being smart doesnt mean you have more willpower or that you are free from mental deseases. I would even argue, that being intelligent can make it harder for one to be truely happy.

That is 0 information, specify.

I have no idea what in that text is "false dilemma fallacy" or begging the question?

Point is, either humans have free will or not.
If humans have free will they eat so much until they die because of it.
Or they don't have free will and they still do it.

Is there a middle ground? They don't eat themselves to death?

It's not a overgeneralisation to say humans eat themselves to death, because some humans do eat themselves to death. In fact over 640M people are obese in this world, obesity is not necessary, it affects life quality.

640M people are dumb and stupid?

That kinda makes 1/8 population dumb and stupid, is being obese equals that.

But I agree with that intelligent people are not usually intelligent enough to make themselves happy, but intelligent when it comes to other things.
If that's something to agree on.

d)some people are simultaniously dumb by nature, not educated and are generally okay with rotting from the inside

Like dogs that haven't been trained?

Oh sorry, I meant the "if you are smart, you do smart choices" part.
I also dont think that people are not smart enough to make themselves happy. I actually implied that some people are not dumb enough to make themselves happy

Like people who were unfortunate enough to born dumb and tolerant to discomfort while at the same time lacking any useful ideas in their head because they were not able to form those ideas and nobody was near to indoctrinate them with anything usefull.

Ah okay, are you smart enough to make yourself happy?
Happy is a vague definition, but happy in a way you understand it.