What's your favorite food for when you're sick/don't have an appetite? Like comfort food I guess...

what's your favorite food for when you're sick/don't have an appetite? Like comfort food I guess, or just something that always sounds good to you. Nothing appeals to me lately and I really need to eat more :(

nachos or just drinking rum out of the freezer until I pass out

mash podaydoes

Buttered white toast, creamy soup and coca cola.

Some nice hot ramen with lots of veggies. Really warms you up.

Oatmeal isn't bad either.

I think I just listed some foods that I often eat normally, but whatever.

tortilla chips are my poison.

PHO

Clam chowder and ipa

Rice pudding. If you're too sick you can get it from any grocery store. If you're not too sick you can make a totally heavenly one.

I like ones which have whole milk, an egg and sugar rather than condensed milk or cream.

Or, alternatively, any pudding. The sugar free mixes are surprisingly good.

For me it's instant soup, like ramen and the like, but that is mostly by positive connotations in my mind rather than the food itself.

Also all type of pudding and stuff like that cause stuff is sweet and is really easy to eat because of texture

Soup.

Pho. Or really good mac n cheese. A nice stew is good as well

Big plate of roasted or steamed vegetables.

Beef stew, thick as possible.

>what's your favorite food for when you're sick/don't have an appetite?

I just don't eat when I'm sick/don't have an appetite, unless you're dangerously malnourished it's unhealthy to force yourself to eat IMO

I don't know what you guys qualify as being sick but I wouldnt waste food when I am sick.

Anything less than nonstop vomit and diarrhea fest is not sick in my books.

It is a good way to lose 22lbs in a day however.

Sick soup; I put like an entire bulb of garlic and three serranos in chicken stock and just drink the broth with breadlets

I'd get a nice pastry with meat or cheese filling

Eggs soft-poached in garlic soup with a little olive oil and butter added

I've been adding dashi stock and miso paste to the mix lately

Something called "Griesklößchen". A german dish, where you beat up one or two eggs, salt and pepper it, add some nutmeg amd then very fine, dry breadcrumbs till it has a pretty dense and kind of solid consistency, if it doesnt fall off a spoon when turned around its good. You form little dumplings with two teaspoons and boil em in a light broth till they are a lighter color all the way through. They are extremely pleasant when you have any kind of stomach sicknes.