Is racism prevalent in literary circles?

with all the rad puppies and sad puppy stuff going on

>with all the rad puppies and sad puppy stuff going on
what are you talking about
literary circles would only by accused of racism by people that would automatically accuse all educated or white people of racism

Probably not but it's 2016. Everything is racist now.

I do think its funny how often in fantasy the author inserts a civilization of black people on the periphary of the story, and their society is a flawless isolationist utopia.
Like the author is terrified of being called racist so he has black people in his world, but doesnt have black people in the story, if that makes sense.

examples?

Song of Ice and Fire, Summer Islanders live in an idyllic island paradise and are totally seperated from the wars and savagery of the northerners

>That hat
Whoa, this better not be critical of my boy Mobutu

>Read Journey to the West

It's literally anime

Zeum from Prince of nothing seems to be this way. As a disclaimer I have not read all the books

Why would they go through the trouble when they can just claim things like the OP and steal work that's already done and plaster their own faces on the cover?

Well, not a novel but Wakanda and Black Panther is just overcompensation to soothe black people's crippling inferiority complex at the humiliation of imperialist conquest.

is that supposed to be a member of the wehrmacht

That's a Prussian noble officer of the Kaiser's infantry

am I not getting the sarcasm because he's not wearing Prussian army uniform

video games do this shit all the time
like Africa is going to be a utopia in the future and not a Chinese colony

implying thers anything wrong with that. it was great

>Is racism prevalent in literary circles?
No?There is segregation of lit and some YA do love throwing in blacks or people of abstract color as side or main characters.
arya was never black
name a few
Black Panther still lives in a cast system and has to fight off savage blacks from taking his thorn. even with all that technology they have not done much
don't all the pirates come from there?

>Nigger fantasy
they have some stories but they are usually nonsense focused too much on some simplistic morality than on internal constancy

>but they are usually nonsense focused too much on some simplistic morality
R? An awful lot are either (relatively) amoral (compared to western folk tales) or (weirdly) morally relative.

definitely a lot of racism because remember that white poet who used an asian sounding pen name to get his poem accepted in some best of anthology? he was obviously a racist.

and also that weird experimental poet who wrote the poem about michael brown but he was white and he didn't once check his privilege before reading it? that guy was definitely racist.

Glad we agree.