"1984" is a dystopian novel set in a hyper-authoritarian future

"1984" is a dystopian novel set in a hyper-authoritarian future.
"Fahrenheit 451" is a dystopian novel set in a hyper-libertarian future.
What are some good dystopian or sci-fi novels that portray society on the far left and right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

atlas shrugged tee bee heitch

how is fahrenheit 451 in any way a libertarian future

Try the oryx & crake books.

We could be considered far left

The Prisoner doesn't really fit it into such category because the whole point is you don't get to know the goals or ideology of the warders, you can't ask questions and must keep yourself distracted.
Not coincidentally it's also the very best dystopia fiction.

the legacy of totalitarianism in a tundra

The point of the book was that the government completely stopped controlling people's lives, and allowed them to do whatever they want. This caused everyone to indulge on whatever pleasures they like, leading society to stop thinking about government or politics at all.

This

That's Brave New World man

Yeah a total dystopia

>Brave New World
>government completely stopped controlling people's lives

I don't think we read the same book user

the firemen were a government agency set to destroy books
books are outlawed

having an agency funded by a government to combat a consensual nonviolent crime is against the very core of liberterianism

Atlas Shrugged is an example of a very centrist dystopia I'd say.

you can't have read the book recently

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico

Tfw you will never hit golf balls into the favelas below with Pinochet and Evola

and yet there are libritarians who oppose gay marriage.

This website is dumb.

those people aren't what I would consider a real libertarian
they forget the point of being a libertarian is to be a preponderant of individual liberty on a legal level

also a reminder that libertarianism allows for personal opinions, like not approving of gay marriage, but not taking action against it on a legislative level.

ye it's dum dum

>What are some good dystopian or sci-fi novels that portray society on the far left and right?

>Far Left
You don't need a "novel" for that, read any historical account of Maoist China/North Korea/USSR. To Live by Yu Hua is pretty good.
>Right
See the above, but with some tinpot banana republic dictatorship or fascist regime.
>"Christian right"
The Handmaid's Tale.

Dystopia novels sit on the lowest rung of literature, in the company of YA and genre fiction. Please read better books.

>Pinochet
>Evola
Get the fuck out of here you memer piece of shit

>being mad

>The point of the book was that the government completely stopped controlling people's lives

Those aren't even memes. Trv Kvlt traditionalists are down with Guenon, GV List and Blavatsky.
>tfw you will never be volkisch

Iktf and I don't like it

>The point of the book was that the government completely stopped controlling people's lives
>literally bust into your house and arrest you for reading, burn all books they fine

you're a dumb fuck

therefore Fahrenheit 451 is about a libertarian dystopia. Great job.

I didn't say that.

In what fucking way is Farenheit 451 libertarian?

Yeah, wasn't the government in Brave New World actually called the World State? It seemed pretty totalitarian to me.

He may have a point, tho. Goverment in BNW actually let the people do whatever they want to.
Even those who were doing the few "forbidden" stuff were sent into an island and left in peace.

animal farm

yeah but all the people were stratified and individual liberties were limited

>dystopian society on the far left
Doesn't compute, comrade.
The book is based on French revolution. The main character is even named Napoleon.

Holy shit kill yourself status quo liberal you'll never be accepted by the real left or anyone else

>real left
literally who

Marxists and anarchists

anarchism is traditionalism at its most radical

>Pinochet and Evola
Completely incompatible figures you idiot. Evola hated modernist capitalism. Pinochet was a stooge for neoliberalism.

>anarchism is traditionalism at its most radical
National-"Anarchism" isn't anarchism.

Unless you're talking about primmies but even they have nothing to do with the MUH RIGHT IS RIGHT PHILOSOPHER KINGS KILL DEGENERATES MOTHAFUCKA traditionalism. Zerzan is lefty as fuck.

anarchism is the lack of a state
aka radical traditionalism
don't know why you're talking about nations

>anarchism is the lack of a state
Anarchism does away with hierarchy. There's a reason why the famous motto is "No gods, no masters."

Read a book nigga.

but hierarchy exists with or without a state no amount of books changes that

You're not a real Scotsman.

>hierarchy exists with or without a state
Hunter-Gatherer cultures are without hierarchy. As was early man.

>Hunter-Gatherer cultures are without hierarchy. As was early man.
I hope for the love of god that you don't actually believe this? Sure, there wasn't what you might call an artificial hierarchy, but surely a hierarchy that has its roots in the nature of humans is a hierarchy just the same.

>based on French revolution.
>dystopian society on the far left
>Doesn't compute, comrade.

You are not a nice troll