From a mathematical standpoint, how do I improve my chess skills?

From a mathematical standpoint, how do I improve my chess skills?

Other urls found in this thread:

stockfishchess.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry–Howard_correspondence
youtube.com/watch?v=xczj5ROKOjg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Practice more.

stockfishchess.org/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry–Howard_correspondence

What i did was played thousands of hours of online chess on the hardest AI

What are some lessons you learned that you're aware of?

protect your king

Protip: You can't.

I'm no expert on chess, but a few basics are, learn how to force a bad decision from your opponent (the fork, the skewer, and the pin).

Memorizing openings is a good idea. Chess gets extremely complicated after very few moves, but the opening few moves have been extremely thoroughly explored by game theorists and chess experts and there are a handful of ways to begin the game that are just objectively the best choice.

Overall, practice is what's most important.

Start with endgame and work your way backwards.
Openings are for the very end when you got the basics.
Then if you feel you hit a ceiling write down your parties (which you do anyway on high levels) and run them through Rybka and analyse them. Find your mistakes and memorize what the good moves are. Then you're slowly entering grandmaster territory and I can't help you past that.

>learn math
>solve chess
>????
>profit!

The argument from ignorance is ALWAYS a fallacious argument.

That said:
youtube.com/watch?v=xczj5ROKOjg

Protip: Only idiots can't use google to look up "list of logical fallacies" and "list of cognitive biases"

>Solve Chess

what you posted doesn't help anybody improve in any way you retarded mongrel

I've played hundreds of online games against AI but that doesnt change my overall chess vision.

>chess
>math

what are you doing on /sci?

play harder AI or actually win against the AI.

Lookup Josh Waitzkin

He studies "end games", among other things.

Chess is about forethought you have to imagine scenarios your opponent is gonna play then imagine counters to it.

What the fuck is a mathematical standpoint?

It's strategy and your stratagem, not math.

What do you people think about playing puzzles? Will it improve my skills?

there is some theories about mathematical model of best play in chess.
Basic understanding is simply based on finding similarities between typical pawn and piece placements/structures arised from seemingly different openings, excelling in tactical motives and calculation skills. Both of them can be excelled by pattern recognition and simple classification ( read Kotov and aagard's calculation books and the larsen's room 007 and pawn structure in chess from soltis for the pattern recognition in the openings)

If you strongly believe in an ideal mathematical modelling, read alexander shashin's book- Best Play.

If you are interested in, I can continue on how Shashin developed a method