This is actually really boring and unfunny

this is actually really boring and unfunny

Other urls found in this thread:

ebooktrove.com/top_ten/DouglasAdams_TheHitchhikerTrilogy_5Books1ShortStory.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. Please stop posting about it.

Is it really, OP? srs question. Thinking about picking it up but I'm having reservations.

lol I know right. the only thing that ever made me smile was zaphod? Bumblebee?

go on reddit and head over to the writing subreddits, thats literally this whole book

ebooktrove.com/top_ten/DouglasAdams_TheHitchhikerTrilogy_5Books1ShortStory.pdf

Yea pretty much this, the book influenced the surface nerd culture so much that the type of humor has been exhausted

When I read it I found the first chapter the funniest so perhaps sample that before buying the whole book?

it's like a knockoff vonnegut retelling doctor who episodes

Thanks, y'all. I've read excerpts and some of them were truly hilarious and clever. The branding this got as the purest form of comedy ever written caught my attention, I guess.

this is reddit this is memes

this is broken children seams

Finally someone said it.

Also, maybe thats because Douglas Adams has written Dr Who episodes?

I dislike it because it's popular

Seriously though, fuck reddit, their taste in literature is the worst

Yeah guys, the book sucks because people I don't like it.

Yeah guys, the rival nerd camp likes this books let's burn it.

Yeah guys this book which was written before Reddit or Veeky Forums ever existed is just for people from Reddit.

Read the book faggots.

I love this book quite a lot actually
Have read it probably 10 times or so
A good start into British humor I think

British people aren't funny

>British
>humor

I enjoy it
Melancholic, self-deprecating
good stuff

they're funny looking

HGTG is like Terry Pratchett with all the bad parts turned up and all the good parts turned down. It's lazy workmanlike randumbXDshit. Because it was written by and for early reddit-types it doesn't have a trace or sincerity in it, either- Adams is too cowardly to drop the irony for even a second.

Except it's not, it's just lazy irony. Where did brits acquire this reputation as black comics? Name one single example.

british humor is dry

gervais

First time I've said "woah the movies actually way better" lol

British humor is not fucking dry! They still use laugh tracks routinely there for christssake! You teaboos just have some inferiority-complex and like to think british culture is fancy. British humor is nothing but shallow irony- saying leWACKY stuff in a serious tone. it's literally fucking alt-lit before alt-lit existed

Whats your baseline? What books do you considered to be funny?

you're talking about americanized british humor

Infinite Jest.

Okay, then give me some humor written by TRUE englishmen.

Journey To The End Of The Night, The Trial, the cohen brothers if they wrote books,

Also anything by Thurber and some things by pynchon

>Okay, then give me some humor written by TRUE englishmen.
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

PEEP SHOW

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace you whore

>he can't get comfy
i'd feel bad for you brah but i'm all comfy here
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTNuldPhP20

Wodehouse.

Why is the voice only in the right channels? Fucking Brits, can't do anything right.

As someone else said, the nerd-science humor in here was a novelty in its time (around 1980 I think) but now it has been exhausted by countless tv shows, mainly Futurama but also The Big Bang Theory maybe. Not to mention there is a strong british humor component here that you may or may not enjoy. Anyway, I recommend hunting down the original radio shows from which the book is an adaptation. It's funnier that way

What do you mean?

Terry Pratchett is not exactly good either, even for a genre fiction. He's passable. HGTG is not much better, though it was much more influential for a pop culture and thus more worthy to read.