Who was right? is soup a meal? should bania have accepted the soup as dinner?

Who was right? is soup a meal? should bania have accepted the soup as dinner?

#teamjerry

Look if Bania said "take me out to dinner" and he went to a restaurant in the evening with Jerry, and Jerry paid for it, that's his fucking dinner even if he ordered soup
Fuck Bania

Depends entirely on the soup.
Clam chowder is it's own meal but tomato soup needs something alongside it

Jerry

This. Even if he didn't order anything the obligation to take him out for dinner would still be completed.

A stew is a meal, soup is just liquid.

He did crumble crackers in it tho

Bania, anyone who says otherwise is just plain stupid, and very wrong.

The universe is unfathomably large, there are trillions of planets, so much mystery, most of the ocean is unexplored, Clinton emails being leaked, western imperialist efforts all over the world, wars, geopolitical struggles between world powers, corporate ethical issues, social problems... Yet this is the question you ask. Fuck off to /tv/.

go back to /pol/

/pol/ is full of retards. I am on Veeky Forums because I like to cook because it is relaxing. Food takes my mind off things. You are polluting my board with your bullshit. It is neither food or cooking related. It is a TV show. Get fucked by a massive rubber cock.

If it's more than 300 calories, it's a meal.

soup is food fyi the scene is about food, and weather or not soup constitutes a full meal

BTFO

It's a TV show faggot. This board is food and cooking not "food from TV shows" and cooking or debating what constitutes a full meal. "Full meal" is entirely subjective and varies between cultures.

perhaps you should cook something, you need to relax.

Fuck jerry.

Jerry was always right.

"It's ALL gutters kid. It's All gutters."

I know this is a line from the show but it doesn't even make sense. What constitutes clam chowder being a meal over tomato soup? A couple of oz. of milk or seafood? Fuck Elaine for suggesting this dumb opinion.

Jesus christ you're a faggot

Lmao

>line from the show
I have seen maybe 4 episodes of seinfeld and this wasn't one of them
Clam chowder has lots of stuff in it, and it's thick and heavy. It's closer to a stew than a soup.
Comparatively tomato soup is thin, much more watery, and isn't very filling on it's own on the same volume

Jerry.

It was about having a meal. As Jerry says 'the acting of sitting down together' is the meal.

What kind of doors does that open up? Bania has an entree or soup with Jerry every week for the rest of his life saying he'll "have a meal next time"?

And yet you were here and felt compelled to respond?

You're not above him or anyone, mate.

Soup is a food item but a meal? No way

Even if the other person is paying?

Is the question about using meal as a noun or an adverb? Is this the debate? I just want some real food for fuck sake I'm tired of eating ramen

It's the verb. Someone is taking you out for a meal and you're free to order whatever you wish; if you're not hungry and order a small dish then that's inconsequential; that's your meal.

Do you have an answer or not?

There are a lot of hardy soups that are meals on their own

Eat dick you faggot

Neither are you cunt

IT'S A FUCKING MEAL

FUCK JERRY

Jerry's the one who said it was a meal tho

This thread is the best on Veeky Forums, THE BEST

#draintheswamp

Soup is a starter if it's just a plain bowl and some croutons.

If you have some hearty 'broth' being sold as 'soup' then it's another game because that shit is PACKED and you will be full.

#teamjerry

A bowl of soup is more than enough to fill you up. If you don't feel full after one bowl of any soup in the world, there's something wrong with you.

None of that shit is important, child. Go watch some more tv and get mongered some more.

Stew is just thick soup.

Cereal is a soup.

soup is a meal but it isn't dinner.
but for a dinner treat whatever you order is considered part of the treat so fuck bania.

Cereal isn't real food

Hahahahahaha

I don't give a shit Jerry is a faggot

Stick a firecracker up your ass and light the fuse

Obviiusly, bania was purposely trying to get more "dates" with jerry. He was attempting to exploit an obvious loophole. Regardless, he is in the wrong.

Jerry fulfilled/ attempted to fulfill his end of the deal, albeit begrudgingly.

I'm actually surprised he never called him out on it.

>What are you a fucking fag Bania? You're always hanging around me like some bit player in a Scorsese film waiting to get shot by Joe Pesci

So is drinking two beers a meal?

soup is only a "starter" if its part of a menus meal and is usually quite small(the starter soup)

if you order soup and nothing else then its in a much bigger bowl and it constitutes a meal

otherwise whats to stop this fag from only ordering appetizers anytime jerry takes him out
those in the right amounts can be a meal inthemselves

teamjerry

no just a disease

Soup is a meal if you eat enough of it.

Yes.
The fact that you don't already knows this means you aren't a true cu/ck/.

Why do you think the homeless spend the few bucks in change they get on alcohol?

It not only numbs the hunger pain, but it's a bit filling too.
That's close enough to be considered a meal for me.

Is this some new burgerclap meme? I've never heard of a culture so far up its on ass that it doesn't consider soup a meal

>but it's in the starter part on the menu!
You are fools and you spit in the eye of all that is good

So many retards in here who didn't see the episode.

Bania gives Jerry a suit that Jerry reluctantly accepts. Then Bania says Jerry could take him out to dinner as compensation for the suit. They get to the restaurant and then Bania says he's not really hungry so he'll just order soup, and save his meal for another time.

Jerry argues that this is the meal, because the act of sitting down to eat with him is the meal, no matter what he orders.

And Jerry's fucking right

Does Bania pay for the soup or still expects Jerry to pay for the soup and a meal later?

Jerry pays for the soup and Bania expects him to pay for another meal later.

Oh then Jerry is definitely in the right.

To play devil's advocate, Bania did give him a brand new suit. Is it too much for Jerry to just have a meal with again some other time? Does Jerry have to despise Bania so much that he can't possibly sit down with him twice?

You said it yourself, Banian_gave_ him the suit. He didn't trade the suit for meals.

Also if I remember correctly Jerry does offer to return the suit because he in fact does despise Bania enough that he realizes that the suit isn't worth hanging around this fag.

>cooking is relaxing

this edition of "spot the homecook" is a little too easy

Also, Jerry was right

300 calories worth of oil is a meal?

>Implying there is anything wrong with homecooking

Cooks are always such faggots, usually workaholic, alcoholic morons.