“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist...

“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you”

Thoughts about this quote?

Explains why so many atheists are freshman.

“The more I study science, the more I believe in God.”

–Albert Einstein

“I believe that the more thoroughly science is studied, the further does it take us from anything comparable to atheism.”

“If you study science deep enough and long enough, it will force you to believe in God.”

—Lord William Kelvin

“Both religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations… To the former He is the foundation, to the latter, the crown of the edifice of every generalized world view.”

—Max Planck

“God is a mathematician of a very high order and He used advanced mathematics in constructing the universe.”

–Paul A. M. Dirac

“The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator. Science brings men nearer to God.”

“In good philosophy, the word cause ought to be reserved to the single Divine impulse that has formed the universe.”

“Little science takes you away from God but more of it takes you to Him.”

—Louis Pasteur

Take your trolling to

Remove Pasteur

it's not god - it's Gödel

agreed

godless deductivist mathematician here

my research is coming along just fine, no god sightings yet :^)

>tfw you're "God" and all of these notable individuals are extolling you

Oh look, arguments from authority.

in a way, i do agree
however, i also believe that the kind of believe in god a scientist develops (if any) is of a far deeper and more transcendental nature than the belief of your average joe who thinks it matters whether jesus was actually, literally the son of an old guy with a beard living in the sky. the same goes for intelligent people of all realms.

or in other words: catholicism is only stupid if a. you take it all literally and b. you neglect to take its history and worth to human kind into consideration. and please, do fuck off with your "but the crusades" bullshit; stupid shit has been and is being committed in the name of all kinds of beliefs and convictions.

all of that being said, i'm not particularly religious or even believe in god. i feel more like an interested bystander, watching the world and the universe and nature. i would argue that a lot of people, even scientists, seem way too certain about there being a "conscience" to everything, but i wouldn't dismiss belief and religion out of hand.

>Thoughts about this quote?
sounds like something a christian would say

Heisenberg never said that.

are you certain?

The quote fakeness operator does not commute with the OP retardation operator. However, OP is so retarded that any estimate on it would only be an order of magnitude guess - the uncertainty on the quote's fakeness can thus be safely neglected.

I don't think the god that you consider before the first gulp is the same god you find at the bottom of the glass.

He's for the diversity quota.

Love it

Theorising is just drawing bullseyes around bullet holes,
but designing a self-adjusting universe is the art of creation.
Whatever this god figure may be, it must be a hell of an engineer.
-- Urs Truli

>b. you neglect to take its history and worth to human kind into consideration.

"But they preserved books in the dark ages" is exactly the same kind of nonsense as "but the crusades".

You're trying too hard to make us think you're smart. Congrats, kid. You made it to sophomore year undergrad Physics.

>make us think
What do you mean by "us", Peasant?

What do you mean by Peasant, commoner?