Nursing

Is nursing Veeky Forums?

if said nurses are QTs :^)

>mfw I meet a male nursing major

ikr kek

No nursing is emptying bedpans and changing drips.

Firstly, get back to work. Secondly, no. And finally, get back to work.

That's practical nursing. Registered nurses are better and can administer medicine as well as do other medical procedures. They just always gotta check in with the doctor but they better.

short answer: no
longer answer: no, not even
but a lot of nurses are qt

What about registered nurses??

what about registered janitors?
registration doesn't mean shit senpai

Still nothing to do with science.

That's different though. I mean objectively you can see it's just cleaning up trash. Idk my father is a veterinarian and he has vet-techs and registered vet-techs in his clinic and he told me only the registered vet-techs are able to administer medicine, do other smaller medical procedures and administer vaccines. Idk I don't really care because I'm not going into nursing but I have friends who are registered nurses and they are pretty smart and practical. They took courses like chem., bio chem, etc so it's not like bed changing training lol

You mean research And stuff like that?

Had to do biology/human anatomy I - III, cell biology, immunology, pharmacology, microbiology, general chem, organic chem, physics for some dumb reason, and cal I & II
We gotta know the deep pathophysiology of a lot of disorders. Also to catch the doctors making mistakes.
Truthfully, we don't need some of the Veeky Forums stuff. Physics is worthless in the degree, as well as the Cal II.

S-so is it Veeky Forums?

nursing is a trade. i don't consider that a bad thing - we need mechanics, electricians, plumbers, and we fucking need nurses.

>and we fucking need nurses.
I-I wish the government here knew that

>user, you're an RN, you'll get a job quick!
>hospitals: we need more nurses! We're so under staffed!
>government: "We'll do something about it!
>hospitals get hit with a 22 million cut-back
>entire wards close. Currently out of work
I hate this. Don't live in Canada. I should have gone into a math degree.

Holy fuck this, I know so many nursing majors around here that work for like a year and then get axed when the hospital closes or makes big budget cuts. It's such an under appreciated career in comparison to doctors and other medical staff.

>Being an LPN
It literally stands for Loser Poop Nurse. Why would you sign up for that when you can get an RN and be an actual nurse?

I currently work with a lot of nurses, it's a myth that most of them are cute. Most of them are old, the ones that are relatively young are still in their 30s and are like all other women: often overweight, too materialistic (plastic surgery or too much makeup are common), or huge whores. There are maybe a handful of somewhat cute nurses in the whole hospital out of hundreds, and they aren't above a 7/10. They're the kind of cute where they look slightly goofy and/or misshapen/asymmetrical (if you know what I mean), but would never be called conventionally beautiful or "sexy". Some of the techs are cute tho, but that's a shit job.

More like they are the engineers of medical science

They weren't smart enough or they are lazy

I had a colleague of mine get suckered into being an LPN/RNA because an academic advisor told her she would get more experience and transfer credits. She wasn't happy with how wrong that guy was. It's something some people still like to spout to students too.
She eventually became an RN. Only benefit with her LPN background was that she got a job rather quickly at the hospital she worked at because she had some seniority.

there's will always be people that can make a proper and practical use of the results from the researchs.
Don't be a nigger user.

As much as accounting

Is this for a bachelor's in nursing or something even higher up?

My associates only requires 3 bio classes and I a few other ones but no calc or any of that shit

RN actually make more money than doctors in the long run. By the time MDs start working and making money most RNs already have over a decade of experience and making upper five figures(70-95k). They don't have huge debt as well. The best RN field is the anesthetic RN. They make more than the average doctor. Its also a field that's trying really hard to attract more men into the field. Its a 90+% field of women. I knew a guy back in college who was a nursing major and I always called him Don Juan because he was the only guy in his classes. He was banging all the cuties in his classes. Plus women lose their collective shit when they hear you're trying to become a pediatric RN.

This is for the bachelors of science in nursing, .
But this is for Canada, so there may be differences.
There are differences by province and school too.

I respect NP's. That's about it. Nurses tend to just be lazy doctors. Virtually anyone can get into medical school, if they apply to the Carribean ones.

>Its also a field that's trying really hard to attract more men into the field
Well, they get payed more, are more likely to get hired just cause they're men, and are great with specific patients. Kids like male nurses more. Probably 'cause women in peds just oogle, baby, and spoil the kids while the guys actually do their job and shoot the breeze with them.

>Its a 90+% field of women
Sounds like my graduating class. A lone male, 29 female. He was a weeb though, so everyone left him alone.
>pro tip: don't be a weeb if you're a guy in a nursing major. You wont get any.

>pro tip: don't be a weeb if you're a guy in a nursing major. You wont get any.
Yup. Just be friendly and ask them how they're doing and shit. Just be open in other words. Wait you're a femanon? I wouldn't mind going back to do a nursing degree. I like the medical field and helping patients. Male nurses are also more serious when helping patients in general. With kids they like to assure them they're going to be alright. Something about a manly voice telling you'll be alright calm kids down. Plus you can dress up as a superhero which kids love.

doctors are the engineers of medical science, you fucking dolt

their sole purpose is diagnosis and repair

> their sole purpose is diagnosis and repair
this is nothing like engineering.
Biomedical engineers are the engineers of medical science.

yeah, the two fields couldn't be more different. its like comparing medicine to law.

Accredited Caribbean schools are harder. You can go to unaccredited ones but it's hard to come back and practice in North America.

>Doctors another form of engineer
Holy shit, this boards hard on for engineering has reached the level of delusion

I never said that you fucking autismo. You probably linked the wrong comment.

mad because they probably make more money than you while you slave away in a lab for 11 an hour kekek

>I wouldn't mind going back to do a nursing degree
Did you graduate University already? Having a nursing degree is good and all, but what if what you have right now is fine?

But yeah, I'm a femanon, so I see firsthand just how much more respect guys get. They put their feet down with the crabby old man, show no mercy to the whacked out junkie in the ER, and the manly voice telling you that you're gonna be alright calms everyone. The only place guys aren't good is in obstetrics since the husbands get possessive, and with those annoying feminazis who don't need no man.

jeez, analogy is completely lost upon you fags

diagnosis and repair =/= engineering. but surely you can realise that they are facets of engineering moreso than they are facets of science

>I'm a femanon
D E T R O I T
E
T
R
O
I
T

About half the people who get into nursing because it's a guaranteed job, they probably have the grades to do something else (getting into university is so accessible) but are probably from working or lower-middle class families they do Nursing. Tends to be immature autists who think their subject is better because it's STEM and then end up working min wage in any job vaguely related to their field until their 30.
As a career it is more like a trade with more social interactions but a moderate understanding of human biology is part of the course.

Lmao also trying to prove nurses aren't dumb and I use the wrong "their" end me

Living in Detroit doesn't sound like a bad idea. The ER would be a lot better there with all the gunshots, stabbings, assaults, gang violence, and druggies.
Not like here. Where all we get is cold symptoms lasting over 3 days, sore backs, general illness, prescription refills, and addicts saying they "lost" their prescription of oxycodone.